• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments

Started by Tyberius06, August 09, 2016, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredh

These canals are pretty fantastic.

noahclem

Really interesting project! Hope the canals can help me with my city--I'm having a heck of a time figuring how to handle water above sea level as I really haven't done it in forever. It started when my computers (3 and 4 computers ago) struggled to run a city full of stuff and I intentionally kept lots of game water in large tiles to keep things manageable  :D Thought I would use JENX poseidon stuff for most uses but am disappointed with the look and options with the lake paint lots and the "rain effect" water is so difficult and unpredictable to work with that I'm now just planning on raising the sea level when I work on that part of the city  :facepalm:

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

The preveiously showed Heretic-Tariel Various Plaza set now is available only on STEX (at this moment):

Heretic-Tariel Various Plaza Lots

Huge thanks to tariely who put a lot of work into this project and made the nightlights on these lots and also made a lot of new plaza variations to our joy. The pack contains altogether 21 lots, 18 medium plazas 2x3/3x2/2x4/3x4/4x3, and 3 large plazas 6x5.

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

P.S: the next couple of days more stuff will be coming, more plazas, and canals etc... :)

Edit: fixed broken image link
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Tyberius06

I double my own thread, sorry for that! :)

Hi everyone!

New day and I'm bothering you with a new release again. Still stick with the plazas and an other team-up with Tariely brought the Heretic-Tariel EBLT Plaza Expansion (Mirror Pieces) set up to the surface. It's available on the STEX.

Huge thanks to Tariely who put a lot of work into this project and made the nightlights on these lots and also made a few new plaza variations to our joy. The pack contains altogether 17 lots made a nice addition to io_bg's original EBLT Plaza Set. Special thanks to rivit for the extra overlay texture.

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

P.S.: In the following days I will release two of Paeng's stuff, which have never been released on the STEX. One of them is the Urban Recreational Canal set, originally was released on SimPeg... Other is a used to be possible forum attachment the Paeng's PEG-PPOND Tahoe Pontoon Boats (on picture).

You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Unconstantean

The boats - already love'em. One question, can you release the boats as water ploppables or mmp?

mrbisonm

Wow, beautiful boats, only one problem.....they're definitively way too big as shown. Nice though. ! Hope you'll resize them?

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Tyberius06

mrbisnm/Fred and Unconstantean,
Thanks for the comments. These boats are not my work. Probably they were made by Pegasus, in this form they haven't been released officially yet, probably they appeared to the first time somewhere in Paeng's Support/Development topic over at SimPeg as a forum attachment. The original models in the CDK3 Rec-Boats resource.dat, and the merged CDK3 Superpak and Paeng made new prop examplars from them for this release.
Anyway, I won't modify anything on these or the canal set (I don't have permission to change anything, nor the necessary skills), because what I'm up to right now, is a restoration work, since the demise of SimPeg page, these files are no longer available.
So the boats will come as you see on the picture at the first time, however I'm about to make an expansion for the Urban Canal Set, which will use these boat props on some of the lots.

Although I have a question to more skilled players and modders. Is there a way to change these props such a way to not being offsets/overhanging? Other thing, I don't see problem with the size of the boats, as I see these are party/restaurant sightseeing boats (probably there is a better expression for them, but my limited english vocabulary...), but if I want to change the size I would need to use the model tweaker tool, I guess, but I don't really have experience with that, specially that uses some kind of factor measurement instead of percentage, and the last time I saw a guide for that tool, the picture links were broken.

So, this will come as is, to restore Paeng's work, the models/props can be found in the above mentioned packs...

- Tyberius

vortext

Quote from: Tyberius06 on December 08, 2017, 10:56:11 AM
Although I have a question to more skilled players and modders. Is there a way to change these props such a way to not being offsets/overhanging?

yes, the modeltweaker can actually do that as well.  :D

Also, don't be intimidated by the scaling factor. I'm not sure either what exactly is meant but often times I treat it as were it a percentage and usually comes out fine. If not, remember what settings you used previously and just try again with slight difference.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mattb325

Great job on the new lots  &apls

reddonquixote

I don't think I've seen this thread before, these are really beautiful. Well done  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

First of all thank you for everyone for the comments and likes! :)

I still need to make a readme and put together a list of dependencies, but with a little luck I'will be able to release this set (26 pieces, as you can see the attached first picture) right before Christmas.

Enjoy!

- Tyberius

Tyberius06

Hi everybody!

For now only on STEX, but The Heretic Paeng's Urban Recreational Canal Expansion set vol. 1 (HPURC) is now released.

Enjoy and have fun!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

- Tyberius

Alan_Waters

Very much it did not suffice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Are the diagonal lots planned?

Tyberius06

Quote from: Alan_Waters on December 24, 2017, 01:50:00 AM
Very much it did not suffice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Are the diagonal lots planned?

Saidly Pegasus never made diagonal models for his canal sets, and I don't think we have the basic model files (like in the case of the CAL-SG canals), so...
At this moment there is no chance for diagonal pieces, but I was thinking about it too...

-Tyberius

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

First post here from me in this year!

Well, lot's of fun going on latelly, which brought me a dilemma. I thought I lost one of my most developed cities due to an unfortunate Prop Pox issue, but thanks to @simmaster07 it's not issue anymore, so will start experimenting combining the almost finished tiles with the recentry restarted ones. In the meantime I decided to open up a new development thread over at the freshly established Invasion Community (SC4Defined), and keep posting there as well and will upload some files too. - edit: not active anymore 25.08.2018

But in the last two days brought some files over at STEX and Here as well. As continueing my Preservation Project on behalf longtime-non-active-developpers and bringing back their lost contents (Don Miguel's CSX Pier Mall, Jason5871 Cruise Ship Port Set, and Paeng's recent uploads), I uploaded

Paeng's Sandstone Parks (Beta)
and
NDEX ITS NAM Terminus.

And I finally uploaded the long promised fix for the CAL Canal straight +1-Glenni Mega Props vol1 prop family conflict. Accidently back in 2006/2007 both set got the same prop family ID, so depending on the load order either nice norvegian houses popped up or the canal pieces, when you plopped the Straigh +1 canal piece. I made a new family (which is identical CAL's one) for the canal pieces, since easier to fix on this side the problem then messing with the Mega Props or the original house set. You will still need the SG_CAL_Canal_Straight_PropFamily.dat since this contains the original models, but I made a new lot which uses the newly made prop family and it won't be conflicting with anything any more.

Heretic SG-CAL Canal Expansions vol. 1

And for the end I show some older pictures from the two ressurecting cities of mine:

1. NoirCity - North Harbour  - the original one, with the last developments before it got poxed, or something, because I could keep developing if I wouldn't bulldoze certain damaged lots.

2. NoirCity - ConterPoint - the original... Well I might keep this as a fully functional city tile, since I wanted to abandon this city due to some disabled props which used to can cause Prop Pox, but I guess now it's stays in the past, so... I'll figure it out how I can put together with the new version of North Harbour...

Next time I will update the first Post of this topic, sadly my previous image host provider went down and all those early development images are gone now.

- Tyberius

Edit: 25.08.2018 - fixed broken images

Tyberius06

Wow, it's been a while, since I post anything here. Well, it's been a while since I post anything at all. During the last couple of months I started to setup my essential dependency pack, which will be a general dependency for my upcoming projects. In the first run, I made a bunch of timed props from VIP Girafe all 4 car sets (orto and diagonal too), and Motokloss Solaris buses as well. Over at Simtropolis I showed some station/terminus relots from MattB's BAT collection, and the main reason that those are not released yet, because I wanted to give them a variety of timed car and people props. Which means, that the second phase of my essential will be a bunch of timed people props from Nams, Delecto and Simmer2. And here comes a little confuson of mine, and I ask your help if you're familiar with creating named prop families.

So creating named prop families as the tutorial says it's not a problem until I make different DAT files for each prop family with the cohort file (which gives the name of the family technically), which means, that I use the related examplars only once, and if I want to reuse them, I copy them into an empty DAT file and change the Group/Instance number and give them the next family ID, than they can get the cohort file. However I know that one prop examplar can have multiple prop families, so one prop can be place into more then one prop family without changing the TGIs. But in this case how can I handle the name giving cohort files? According to the rules, the cohort file has to be the first line of the DAT file before all other related examplars.
So the what I was thinking of, and I need the clearification, I put all the props in one DAT file, give them the family IIDs - some prop examplar would get more then one family IID -, than here is the question: Do I need to make separate DAT files for every single cohort file (which has only one related family IID and the name of the prop family), OR
I can put several cohort files into ONE DAT file?
I suppose that the second option should be viable, but I'm not sure, so I ask the help for clearification.

Thanks in advance! More update soon...

- Tyberius

Andreas

Cohort files don't need a particular file order or anything, but just the proper ID scheme. Have a look at some of the common prop packs (such as Cycledogg's, or some of the SFBT ones). The instance ID must be the same as the prop family ID, but the first digit must be increased by 1, so if your prop family ID is 0xab700020, for instance, the cohort ID must be 0xbb700020, for instance. If the prop family starts with 0xf..., use 0x0... for the cohort instead.
Andreas

Tyberius06

Thanks Andreas, I know these processes, I already made all my families with this methood, but so far all my prop examplars have only one Families, so they can go into separate DAT files with the related cohort file. What I want to do now, is giving more than one family IDs some of the prop examplars, which means, that each family requires its own cohort.
The main question is that multiple cohort files can be placed in ONE DAT file. So I put all the prop families in ONE DAT (in this case, several props would have more then one family ID), and all the related cohort files would be in an other DAT file. I already know how to set-up the cohort files properly to show the family names in X-PIM and/or LE, I just want to make it easy for myself, when I want to use the same props in several different families and I also want to give these families different names...

Andreas

Well, I guess just give it a try. As I said, I don't think there has to be a special order in the files or anything, once the IDs are set up properly.
Andreas