• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Parameter is incorrect? I have decided that computers hate me.

Started by bigro, December 11, 2011, 07:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigro

Well, looked through a few threads here that looked promising and found...nada.

Anyway, don't shoot me if this has already been asked but I am having a few difficulties with...computery things that make no sense to me.

Here's the thingo from the log (traceback I think?)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4Terraformer.py", line 4, in ?
  File "SC4TerraformerApp.pyo", line 76, in ?

File "datReader.pyo", line 8, in ?

File "Numeric.pyo", line 91, in ?

ImportError: DLL load failed: The parameter is incorrect.

Make any sense to any of you guys? because this sure as heck has me stumped. (done all the .dll stuff and the library extracting thing too, DX is up to date and all the rest)

FrankU

I guess you have installed Win 7 with Service Pack 1? All of us have the same problem. At least: as far as I know the problem you have with SC Terraformer is identical to the problem I have with SC4-Pim. It just does not work under Service Pack 1. Uninstalling SP1 made my SC4-Pim work again. Maybe it will work for you and SC Terraformer too? It would be great if someone found a solution to this, but it's not there yet.

WC_EEND

Quote from: FrankU on December 12, 2011, 04:14:30 AM
I guess you have installed Win 7 with Service Pack 1? All of us have the same problem. At least: as far as I know the problem you have with SC Terraformer is identical to the problem I have with SC4-Pim. It just does not work under Service Pack 1. Uninstalling SP1 made my SC4-Pim work again. Maybe it will work for you and SC Terraformer too? It would be great if someone found a solution to this, but it's not there yet.

True, but most recently (roughly from June onwards) sold OEM PCs and laptops shipped with Windows 7 SP1 by default, without the means to remove it. So if that's the case for the OP, his only solution would be to reformat and install a non-SP1 version of Windows 7.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

FrankU

Or someone, Wouanagaine?, is willing and able to make a patch or revision to these programs. That would be the coolest option.

WC_EEND

Quote from: FrankU on December 12, 2011, 05:01:52 AM
Or someone, Wouanagaine?, is willing and able to make a patch or revision to these programs. That would be the coolest option.

definitely would be the easiest option for the end users :P
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

bigro

oh phew, wasn't my fault then :P

Anyhax, I can uninstall the thingo and do some stuff (all of these are technical terms) and I'll be doing the majiger with the maps in no time! (hopefully)

whatevermind

I'm running Win7 SP1 64 and have SC4 Terraformer working beautifully, so it is possible.  Make sure you have all the dll's and install DX9.  Also, can't hurt to put any dll's you need into both your System and System32 folders.  I had to do that with some of them.  For what it's worth, I also have Datpacker working, although Pim-X appears to be a lost cause.

FrankU

Hey whatevermind,

This is good news for some of us. I think most of us don't know about this. Maybe you make a large announcement of this information in some kind of new topic or so? I know about one person that will be really happy with this info. I'll send it to him/her.

It would be very good if you or someone else could get SC4_pim running too.

Thank in any case!  ()flower()