• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

QuoteStill a dozen of MMPs to MOD but I see the end of the tunnel that all these preparatory works have been
A single series of MMPs usually takes me 2 hours to codify with the reader without counting any errors ....... then 20 or more i can't imagine how huge is this job !  ::)
I don't remember having seen such beautiful textures for ages !  :o
I am totally fan of the tiles ones both discreet enough to adapt to any type of modern lots, and distinctive enough to attract the attention and highlight Prop and Bat. A perfect complement to the old-style paving of Vortext in fact.
A huge thank you to share these wonders!  :thumbsup:

MushyMushy

I've always been amazed by your old Paris work, so it's exciting to see all this new progress. Those are some nice textures (street art is pretty neat stuff), and the MMP automata thing is honestly pretty cool. It would allow people who have (real) road traffic in their cities to make fake sections with cars that look the same as the automata.

Great work and glad something I did served as an inspiration for something!  :thumbsup:

art128

I see you've taken a liking to street art like that. It looks actually quite good in SC4 trimetric orthographic perspective.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

QuoteOf course I did ... additionally SC4  inoculated me a viral interest  for architecture and architects  I hadn't before . Like many , I'm presuming .
I can say YES because it inspired in making it my own job... ;D

Otherwise, these textures are very nice, I love them. I think it could perfectly fit with my BATs $%Grinno$%  Hope to see them in your city, it would be a great great honnor.

;)
Enregistrer
[/size][/color]Enregistrer
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Badsim

Glad to see that you like my textures and thanks for your comments  :thumbsup: . I'm still waiting for my personal range but I can specify how I'm gonna share them : 3 separate .dat files ; N°1 Concrete Sets , N°2 Street Art ( those shown on my previous post + the two ones shown before ) and N° 3 , all other textures I made since the Triumphal Way  ... so people can pick what they're interested in ... or not .  ;D

Today , I'm coming with something new and , I guess , while I'm already overwhelmed by tasks to do , I shouldn't have done that ...  ::)

I expressed my enthusiasm at mgb204 MODing thread about the announced RRW Reskin automation and couldn't resist any longer to create my own RRW texture :

I can forget it : mgb204 having notified me that only the sleepers and ballast are concerned or that's more than 4000 textures to create ... so I reworked my texture with the current rail and respecting the new gauge , it finally should look like that :

I hope so . That's a question of taste , maybe , but I think it's a good compromise between brand new  railways and a bit too old-fashioned ones . But I'm still doubtful about what can be changed or not (even if since , I re-read more seriously the whole RRW thread , that's a very technical thread and english being not  my native language ...  ;) ) : is it only color scheme of ballast and sleepers or their respective patterns too ? I respected it for the ballast but sleepers one is modified ... Well , take it for what is it : interest , curiosity , testing and nothing more .  ;D

Unfortunately  -  for me  -  it  has driven me to start a new batch of MODing works like extracting props from train automata ( Jestarr , Girafe & Orange ) . For catenaries and various railways signage ,  have had to rework Citymax Rail prop pack ( Occupant Sizes , sizes themselves and they had no shadow ... ) and I'm going to build a MMP with them all , it should be touchy to use , that said , as most of these models are offset ...

Cars are from Girafe's car pack vol. 4 , part of his  BSC - VIP girafe urbanpack vol.1  . I've built the two related MMPs with the 40 ortho and 40 diagonal models and he's free to take them  for an official upload to the LEX  , but you can get them from now as I've attached the file to this post . ;)

They're simply the  best HD car props ever released ... it reminds me , MushyMushy , are all those simillar jewels , cars and euro trucks , seen at your Simtropolis' BAT Thread , forever lost since your hard drive failure ?  ()what()

@mgb204  , I changed S3D IDs randomly , most of the time editing the first , the 5th ( which can be only 0 or 8 for the BAT ) and last digit for MODing convenience ( 0= Ortho , 1 = 22.5° , 2 = 45° and 3=67.5° ) , so I can remove FSHs to let them as a dependency ... excepted  for civic vehicles and some busses which are replacement automata so have had to change IDs of their FSHs too ... in that case , there's nothing anymore to link as dependency . ()what()

@ all : To be frank , it has been a lot of work and it would be again a lot of work to sort out , organize and package all these now nearing 700 files ... and for those not knowing  me very well since many years , April is approaching  - more or less 7 weeks - and then  I'll disappear again untill the end of September . For that 7 weeks period I just do hope to share my textures and present here a large update of Port-Royal , because finally all these works ( and I've shown the emerged part of the iceberg only ) need to serve to do things like this (clickable to 1280x1024 ) :

Like this and everywhere .  :satisfied:

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Alan_Waters

Delicious!  &apls
You did not think to make railway sleepers made of concrete?

Tyberius06

Wow, it's nice, really nice. I like your railway skin, i would like to use eventually.  &apls &apls &apls
Nice MMP aswell!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

_Michael

Very nice! Lovely city scene as well.
May I also ask what catenary and level crossing are you using?

Krasner

Your rail textures are gorgeous anyway  ;D Regarding the small details that no one care about, I think that you got wrong with placing the small white panels with 1, 2 or 3 black bars on it along the rails, those things are found along the roads normally, it is supposed to prevent the motorists of an imminent crossing (or maybe, how many tracks are crossing the road, I can't remember) Making Citymax's stuff into MMPs is however an interesting idea !
ANARCHIST !!

Nanami

Geez that rail texture with the concrete sleeper is my favorite in that one! well just IMO, the original RRW texture more like using wooden or older concrete sleeper with black steel as the rail while yours do looks like have newer sleeper. http://puu.sh/tTVfW.jpg

again, you did a really great work with the texture!

Gugu3

Wow!Great textures! &apls &apls

Sciurus

Quote from: Krasner on February 08, 2017, 04:44:45 AM
Your rail textures are gorgeous anyway  ;D Regarding the small details that no one care about, I think that you got wrong with placing the small white panels with 1, 2 or 3 black bars on it along the rails, those things are found along the roads normally, it is supposed to prevent the motorists of an imminent crossing (or maybe, how many tracks are crossing the road, I can't remember) Making Citymax's stuff into MMPs is however an interesting idea !

It's the distance before the railway crossing : 3 lines is 150m before, 2 lines 100m before and 1 line 50m before :P

I agree with all, great railway textures. Can I have them ? :D
I downloaded the MMPs too... Maybe I'll make a prop family of these cars, could be very useful in growing lots.
Wait for more new updates ;)
Enregistrer
[/size][/color]Enregistrer
L'atelier d'architecture

Badsim

Quote from: Alan_Waters on February 07, 2017, 07:22:44 AM

You did not think to make railway sleepers made of concrete?

Dear ... they're supposed to be made of concrete !  ;D Thanks for your interest . :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tyberius06 on February 07, 2017, 08:27:49 AM
.... I like your railway skin, i would like to use eventually

Thanks . :thumbsup:  I'm impatient to see the RRW Reskin Automation released , then I could share it ... eventually ! ;D

Quote from: _Michael on February 07, 2017, 10:07:39 AM

May I also ask what catenary and level crossing are you using?

Thanks Michael ( and congratulations for the Simtroplis challenge !  &apls ) About catenaries , I gave that information ( and a link ) on my previous post ...  $%Grinno$% ...about the level crossing that's a texture I made ( one of those today presented individually below these replies ) .

Quote from: Krasner on February 08, 2017, 04:44:45 AM
... Regarding the small details that no one care about, I think that you got wrong with placing the small white panels with 1, 2 or 3 black bars on it along the rails, those things are found along the roads normally, it is supposed to prevent the motorists of an imminent crossing (or maybe, how many tracks are crossing the road, I can't remember) ...

Yeah ... I do not know anything about railways signage ...  $%Grinno$%  but I'm currently learning !  ;) Thanks for your comment  :thumbsup: ( and your latest release  &apls ) .

Quote from: Gugu3 on February 09, 2017, 01:56:01 AM
Wow!Great textures! &apls &apls

Thanks ! ... and I'm glad that you like my textures .  :thumbsup:

@Sciurus , Thank you for the information , railways signage is a mysterious world for me ... Prop family is , curiously , something I never MODed so far ... I'm too maniac to do not control where and when even a single prop is placed , I'm afraid of .  :D Is it serious , doctor ?  ::)

Texturing is decidedly addicting :

Latest batch and a little anectode about the pond texture : I spent some time to browse the web for proper water textures and finally found the real picture that Pegasus has used for one of  his two ponds ...

Place to the show ( click for a 1280x1024 resolution ) :

That's also the result of my work for several years now of resizing and reMODing all custom content falling in my hands , including re-MODing all kSC4FloraParmetersPropety determining , among other things , the ploppable density ( reminder of the « Killer » values:180.000000,100.000000,200.000000,3.000000,128.000000,363.000000,15051.000000,0.600000,0.000000,0.000000,0.100000,1.000000,0.300000,5.000000 ) of all examplars of all MMPs that aren't mines ( even VIP and Girafe's ones have been corrected ) and , as it seems , that I'm the only one to apply ... plus, I added a ghost piece to them all for more flexibility , so do not expect to see that kind of pictures with massive MMPs uses anywhere else . That's a picture of the same scene with just the LOTs :

I don't give up with Port-Royal , so take it as it comes ;  a rural digression and its related poscards ...  ;)

I've received my personal textures range and started to re-index them , but , as always , that's a little more complicated than I thought ... the 4 firsts digits are your assigment then there's values to avoid for the 5th digit related to LOT wealth, 6th and 7th digit related to abandonment status ... the complete ( and incomplete ) informations are available HERE , I wasn't aware of these points untill there , so that's always good to warn any newbie about them . And , finally , it's gonna take some time for a serious trial for a logical order with LotEditor ; in fact , while most of them are made to work together , I didn't make any complete set at a time but as my needs came ... all this little speach to say that you shouldn't expect to see them uploaded tomorrow . It should rather occur during March , patience is a virtue . ;D

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

matias93

For all the gods, that's unbelievable!!!  &hlp
You basically plowed and planted all those fields by hand??!!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

_Michael

I saw the comment on the catenaries after I posted. Opps! And amazing rural scenes!

Girafe

I love these path textures. They are awesome  &apls &apls like the rest.  ;)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

vortext

Wonderful rural delight.  &apls &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Krasner

The Avant-Garde of MDs :D You're still at your best in rural creations in my opinion  :thumbsup:
ANARCHIST !!

Sciurus

Quote@Sciurus , Thank you for the information , railways signage is a mysterious world for me ... Prop family is , curiously , something I never MODed so far ... I'm too maniac to do not control where and when even a single prop is placed , I'm afraid of .Is it serious , doctor ? 

I'm just an architect but I don't think that's a problem $%Grinno$%
Anyway, I just love the paths textures too, like Girafe. I already see it in my region... :bnn:  Great work as always, keep it up !
Like teachers said at the end of each trimester or semester : "Bon travail. Continuez ainsi" ! &apls
L'atelier d'architecture