• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikenstein - Niederbauen - Further Exploration

Started by _Michael, March 25, 2016, 09:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Michael

Thank you all for the lovely comments about the Winter scenes. I hope they do well in the ST challenge!

Just one image today, also for a ST challenge - NYE in Bassenheim. Hope you like it!

:)

compdude787

Looks awesome, I love those fireworks!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

_Michael

Really got back into SC4 in the past week after a break lasting well over a month.

Still working the same massive city. Gonna be a massive job to get it presentable for a CJ entry, but its coming along nicely.  ;D

kbieniu7

What an interesting contrast between right-bank classical district and left-bank skyscraper forest. Tradition vs modern architecture :) I took a deeper look into the first one, seeing that's going to be quite luxurious, because off all those palaces and high-wealth tenements. I'd like to see in detail the park with stairs in front the Cathedral.

From other points, I like the smoothness of road and highway layout in such (relatively demanding) narrow area of a city. And that small island in the middle of the river :)

Looking forward for more, hope you find time! :)

Edit: just got one remark: for me, the palace with white walls and blue roof in front of the railway station doesn't fit there. Both in this particular place (it's to narrow in its backyard) and coloristically (to bright comparing to other buildings).  And, at least for me, it  reminds me architecture of Estonia/Latvia or Finland, what quite confuses my perception of the city ;)

brick_mortimer

Quote from: kbieniu7 on March 12, 2017, 01:56:24 AM
What an interesting contrast between right-bank* classical district and left-bank skyscraper forest...
I agree, the contrast is very nice.
I don't like towering skyscrapers in my own cities, but this works nicely.  :thumbsup:
The "new" neighbourhood with the skyscrapers could be the result of some heavy gentrification of an old working class / industrial neighbourhood by an ambitious mayor  ;D
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Nanami

^^ Couldn't agree more with both comments above me... ;D Nice work so far  :thumbsup: . It does take time to work a major updates hope we can see the best
The CBD with skyscrapers kinda reminds me of Canary Wharf in London... I think because of the riverview and the transition of classical w2w with modern highrises

_Michael

It's been some time...
I've been away from SC4 for a while having been weighed down with RL events, but I finally managed to get more work done on the city of Niederbauen. I completed the historical center to an extent that I felt ready to show you guys and there's a lot left to show.

Hope you enjoy it!

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

33. There appears to be a protest in town...

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

Thank you all for the replies, feedback and suggestions!  ;D

feyss

Nice work!

The different parks (classical ones and MMP) fit perfectly  :thumbsup:

art128

Beautiful city. You obviously put a lot of work in it, with all the plazas and MMP work. I like it.
Just one small remark, i find that most shots are empty of life, like no cars or pedestrian around... A bit of a shame considering the beauty of the city.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

_Michael

Quote from: feyss on April 07, 2017, 04:01:41 PM
Nice work!

The different parks (classical ones and MMP) fit perfectly  :thumbsup:
Thanks feyss!

Quote from: art128 on April 08, 2017, 01:47:22 AM
Beautiful city. You obviously put a lot of work in it, with all the plazas and MMP work. I like it.
Just one small remark, i find that most shots are empty of life, like no cars or pedestrian around... A bit of a shame considering the beauty of the city.
I thought about that when editing the images, so I went back into the game to try and get some traffic generators working, but I couldn't get anything to look natural - and without rebuilidng the area to be growables (which would take weeks) I decided to leave it. Other areas have a much higher growable density, so should look more alive!

kbieniu7

Love those parks and open-grass areas, as well as the squares (the one among the small and old w2w's, that is supposed to be a main market square, I guess)?

One remark from me: in the second photo, those orhto-to-diagonal corner w2ws look a bit... overcombined. I'd presonally demolish those two utmost ones that are in between the avenue, tram-in-road and the street.

However, good work with putting a diagonal bridge in such a dense area  :thumbsup:

Themistokles

Love this city. It's very well balanced and the parks are very nice. The different neighbourhoods have their respective atmospheres and the whole city has a marvelous sense of place. The only thing I miss are the trams, the cars I can very well be without ;D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vinlabsc3k

It's a great update! &apls
Good street and tram layout, good selection of buildings :thumbsup:
but a little more caption for the images the next time &mmm, please.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

c.p.

I love the parks and plazas and the way they are integrated into the city :thumbsup:

_Michael

Quote from: kbieniu7 on April 08, 2017, 06:56:39 AM
Love those parks and open-grass areas, as well as the squares (the one among the small and old w2w's, that is supposed to be a main market square, I guess)?

One remark from me: in the second photo, those orhto-to-diagonal corner w2ws look a bit... overcombined. I'd presonally demolish those two utmost ones that are in between the avenue, tram-in-road and the street.

However, good work with putting a diagonal bridge in such a dense area  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the feedback - as for the diagonal bridge, put that down to photoshop.  :D

Quote from: Themistokles on April 08, 2017, 07:32:01 AM
Love this city. It's very well balanced and the parks are very nice. The different neighbourhoods have their respective atmospheres and the whole city has a marvelous sense of place. The only thing I miss are the trams, the cars I can very well be without ;D
Yeah, sorry about the trams - now I look at it again I see how empty it is. There will be more next time!  ;D

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on April 08, 2017, 08:00:21 AM
It's a great update! &apls
Good street and tram layout, good selection of buildings :thumbsup:
but a little more caption for the images the next time &mmm, please.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by captions, and what would you like me to say in them - let me know!  :)

Quote from: c.p. on April 08, 2017, 09:06:51 AM
I love the parks and plazas and the way they are integrated into the city :thumbsup:
Thank you very much!  ;D

Akallan

Magnificent! You realize the parks with much accuracy, they appear natural and the paths MMP of SM2 are great! The docks with all these boats are very beautiful too, and the city W2W is very well done. We want to walk the streets so much that it's beautiful!

It was high time to make an update! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: _Michael on April 08, 2017, 09:33:00 AM

I'm not quite sure what you mean by captions, and what would you like me to say in them - let me know!  :)

I mean a short description about the content of the image, such as which part of the city or map is.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!