• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vista 64 Error

Started by kunik1962, January 24, 2009, 12:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kunik1962

I get the following error whenever I launch Cleanitol.    I can see a zip file called library.zip that contains the file inside of it but its my understand I am not suppose to unzip this file.    I have tried running as administrator and I have even gone so far as to change the security on the Cleanitol directory to "everyone" with full access.   Same results each time.

Anyone have some advice?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd
SimCity Newbie developing the Cascadia Region

wouanagaine

You're missing the msvcp71.dll
I don't know if it is available for 64 bits however

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

projectadam

I have Vista 64-bit and have never had any problems running Cleanitol. I have found that Vista 64-bit is very sporadic and have gone through other issues with software where several other users say they have no problems. Unfortunately I do not know about the workings of the Cleanitol tool but I have 297 downloads and have never had an issue with using it. Is this the first time you have used Cleanitol with Vista 64 or have you ran it before in the past on your computer with no problems?

I am willing to provide as much information as I can but like I said, I do not know a lot about the Cleanitol.

EDIT: Something I just thought of, where did you install Cleanitol on your computer? What does the path look like?
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

kunik1962

Quote from: wouanagaine on January 24, 2009, 01:05:39 PM
You're missing the msvcp71.dll
I don't know if it is available for 64 bits however

Thanks for your information.   If offered a valuable clue.   
I downloaded the MSVCP71.DLL using the link found in the "Cleanitol A Guild for Users"  [url]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3795.msg117796#msg117796/url] and installed it in the \Windows\system32 directory.    I still had the same error but then I did a little research on the web and found out that you have to put the file in the \Windows\SysWOW64 directory instead. 

Now its working.
SimCity Newbie developing the Cascadia Region

wouanagaine

A better place ( to avoid any dll conflicting issue, which are very more disturbing than a SC4 mod conflict :) ) is the cleanitol folder ( ie next to the exe )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

projectadam

Quote from: kunik1962 on January 24, 2009, 01:23:12 PM
Thanks for your information.   If offered a valuable clue.   
I downloaded the MSVCP71.DLL using the link found in the "Cleanitol A Guild for Users"  [url]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3795.msg117796#msg117796/url] and installed it in the \Windows\system32 directory.    I still had the same error but then I did a little research on the web and found out that you have to put the file in the \Windows\SysWOW64 directory instead. 

Now its working.

Great news kunik1962 and nice work wouanagaine &apls
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

sithlrd98

My turn ...OK I finally have a reason to use Cleanitol on my new Vista 64 system and wouldn't you know it , another wonderful tool that Vista doesn't get along with(been beta testing Docs Organizer program for Vista 64 , and well , not having much luck :)) Anyway , I loaded up the cleanitol text for the March NAM , and even though I have done everything posted here , I get this error in the BSC Cleanitol TM.exe.log :
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 17, in ?
  File "translation.pyo", line 3, in ?
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'current.lang'
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 17, in ?
  File "translation.pyo", line 3, in ?
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'current.lang'

I have not removed anything from the install location , which is:C:\Program Files (x86)\BSCCleanitol .
I have full admin rights , tried it in compatability mode for XP SP2 , right clicked the .exe to run as admin...no dice. I clearly have the files in the NAM folder, I was looking right at them!

Any clues , or do I have to search like I did back in the dark ages before your wonderful program?

Jayson

wouanagaine

copy english.lang to current.lang, this should do the trick

New Horizons Productions

sithlrd98

I forgot to do that...oops! :thumbsup: Thanks!

Jayson

CfnNexus

I've tried the fixes described in this topic with a fresh copy downloaded from the LEX, with no succes so far, Vista 64 Ultimate flavor.

dragonshardz

First, what's the problem? And can you get us a copy of the error report?

CfnNexus

Sorry, found the other thread that had this problem, and fixed the error.

Note: Make sure you have recent versions and correct locations for the .dll's!