• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

Excellent, as always; details are particularly fabulous. Redevelopment with demolition and rebuilding made urban fabric come alive. :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Vizoria

Great work and really good close-up shots.

vester

Great use of the bank building. Its almost looks Japanese :D

As always, great update..... expect by now nothing less ;)

c.p.

Quote from: vortext on August 18, 2015, 09:18:12 AM
Also, is that weird angled building yours? If so, it looks amazing!  &apls
That same building caught my eye as well.

Great update.  Seems like there is something happening in every square centimeter :thumbsup:

I look forward to what you come up with next.

carlfatal

Pictures to hop in... Your work is always outstanding, sometimes I have to remind myself, that I am looking at a SC4 MD.  &apls

I like, what you have done with the station area, the university building does match the situation much better. And I love the small red houses on the 10th pic.  :)

belfastsocrates

I really like the close up shots, some tremendous detail on display here. Superb work!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

romualdillo

As always, great detailing and urban development!!  &apls

feyss

Could you give yourself a Karma-point for me ?

Just because you finished 4 tiles in two months in an incredible way while a spend one year to do it  :D

art128

Thank you for the kind words guys. I'm glad you liked the update, it took me some time to come up with it.

vortext, Yep the building is from me.. It's vaguely inspired by a building North of Kyoto.

noahclem, The runway are only two tiles wide because it's a small airport. Since the larger planes are the Q800, there is no need to have larger runways.

vester, One awesome building that is, really. :)

feyss, hehe. If I had something else to do than games all day (NEET life) It would have taken me quite more time.

---

Alright, I think I'm done for the time being with Okushiri.. I mean I'm getting real bored of it hehe. Unfortunately. Anyway I'm preparing a new project, something that hasn't been done before I think. I've hinted it in the last update, more info on it when I actually have concrete things to show.  ;)
Foe the time being, I present you two updates... One will be about a test city I did experimenting with slopes. But today I present you an island I created, based on a real island in Japan.
Without anymore words, have a look at Teuritō. (Teuri Island)

Here's an overview of the island.

The port area.

The city hall just in front of the small firehouse.

The old school, very rarely used anymore since...

...The new one took its place. A more comfortable building. Though it isn't helping that the population of the island is growing older....

The traditional inn, located just above the seaport.

And a more recent one, smaller rooms, much cheaper.

The local shrine and small cemetery.

The telecommunication and surveillance antenna and radars used by the Self Defense Army.

I hope you liked this update again, the next one will be a lot more urban.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

Lovely update, the attention to detail and the MMP work is very nice. I like the shrine and radar station in particular.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Vizoria

What a great island. Some more overview shots would be nice to because in the first picture there are various villages in the island's centre, however it is unclear how they connect up to the road running around the island.

manga rivotra

Indeed excellent update  &apls The village atmosphere is very well done and the work with MMP is very fine especially at the botom of the cliffs last picture.

JP Schriefer

Some great MMP work, especially at the cliff and the shrine. I mostly lack the patience to do the MMP work this thoroughly. And I like the port most of all, it's not something I'm seeing everyday. I agree with Vizoria, you could make some more overview screenshots to show how you put the settlements around the island together, but other than that, that's an interesting update.

kelis

Another great update !! Also you did a good MMP work. I like the port and all the small details like the old and new school. Fantastic update once again my friend.

&apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

Great landscaping as always!!! You did a great job with the cliffs, and I like the effect of the military dependencies in the middle of the island.

carlfatal

If you put your hands on this game, you always produce nearly perfect images. This island is simply beautiful!  &apls

And I am eager to see your next project.  :)

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Dantes

The small island is kawaii! I find it a pity that you have built the houses along a road. I miss the atmosphere of a settlement.
Your previous update was great. Your urban city looks fantastic!

art128

Thank you for the comments.

The road circles the island and branches off to the port. I was really just an experiment to see how I could create a small island like the real one.

I've been working at re-rendering my BATs since a few weeks ago now that I know (thanks to the help at ST) how to make good renders on 3dsmax 2014+ (not blurred and no outline anymore) so I was kind of very busy... remodeling things I didn't like, re rendering... But I still manage to do some SC4 work on my next project... it's taking shape. I'll have to model a few custom bats once I'm done with the old re-renders.

In the meantime, I had some pictures prepared of two experimental cities I did. The first one is just an overview, I didn't take any closeup pictures. It shows how Japanese building can mix with commie blocks. (hint for my project: I still have the commie blocks in my plugins... ;) ) and the second city I experimented with slopes... It may look nice but I don't like the end result.. it feels too squarish, I'll have to get back to try something else... Also I have some cool ideas still in stock.

As usual, click the pictures for the full size. :)

The overview of the test city.

And now for the slopes:

That's it for now. Again I don't know what i'll show next. Perhaps the start of my project, perhaps another experimental city... :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog