• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vizoria

The NAM 33 is really shaping up. Finally more compact interchanges, more flexfly pieces and building interchanges will probably be ten times quicker thanks to the draggable ramps.

Haljackey

A collage of some of my creations

Mod Edit: Please remember to resize your pictures when they're wider than 1024px, thank you.

gtaman

Quote from: Haljackey on August 12, 2015, 07:58:17 PM
A collage of some of my creations

That's wonderful!

Mod Edit: Please don't quote an entire post with 20+ pictures when it's right above yours.

tomvsotis

Pretty happy with this nifty little diverging diamond thingamajig

Pat

Love the intersections guys!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rangerdead10

Interchanges made with NAM32:

This was a interchange first made by "idiotaidiota" : http://imgur.com/ES9vrtL
but I simply upgraded this with the new NAM33 features (nearly all features are hidden in this one):

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

Pat

Looking great there Kitsune and also Ranger

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

the7train

I just want to say the pre-release for NAM 33 is so stable, I am extremely impressed by the NAM team's quality.  Here is a T interchange that I updated with NAM 33.  This interchanges involves collector and express lanes as well as some local exits. 

Themistokles

Here's a picture of my black spaghetti monsters ;) It consists of 2.5 interchanges and spans one medium tile and continues into the neighbouring tile. (Maybe you can spot the edge...)

I've had some troubles with the two main city exits, because ideally they should reconnect to the mainline somewhere between, but the space is just a tiny bit too short ??? But anyways, I hope you like it and any suggestions for improvements are of course very welcome.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

eyelevel

With the new NAM edition, I've modified a few very dated interchanges in on of my cities. This one had a very overcrowded single-lane toll facility for the exit ramp. Now it looks a whole lot better.

Becomes...

This is a different and entirely separate redesign. It's mostly done but is now a whole lot more compact, even if the height changes are a bit dodgy in realism.

After...

I love the new flexfly support!

compdude787

Quote from: Themistokles on September 06, 2015, 11:46:31 PM
Here's a picture of my black spaghetti monsters ;) It consists of 2.5 interchanges and spans one medium tile and continues into the neighbouring tile. (Maybe you can spot the edge...)

[pic]

I've had some troubles with the two main city exits, because ideally they should reconnect to the mainline somewhere between, but the space is just a tiny bit too short ??? But anyways, I hope you like it and any suggestions for improvements are of course very welcome.

I can't see your picture, so could you please fix the link?

Also, the7train, I really like your interchange, especially the high capacity of those freeways! I'll bet that cars can still go 60 mph during rush hour! :D Also, Kitsune, and rangerdead10, you guys have some pretty nice interchanges, too! Great work everyone!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Themistokles

Quote from: compdude787 on September 12, 2015, 08:38:41 PM
I can't see your picture, so could you please fix the link?

Aha, thanks for pointing that out, compdude787! I was trying out Dropbox &idea as image host, but obviously that wasn't such a bright idea, since I could probably only see it myself. I've moved the image now, so I hope that it's visible for other people...
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

compdude787

Here's a couple new interchanges I made yesterday and today. The first one is in my biggest city, Twin Forks, in the downtown area. It makes good use of the new NAM 33 components:

Here's the interchange it replaced. Yeah, it looks terrible, doesn't it?

And now, here's a parclo interchange I made in a new city tile. It's the first parclo I've made in SC4:

Being able to use those multi-radius flex curves was sure helpful in making this interchange. That's the hidden new feature here; hidden because it's not something obvious like new ramps.

My YouTube Channel

APSMS

Quote from: Themistokles on September 13, 2015, 11:35:29 AM
Aha, thanks for pointing that out, compdude787! I was trying out Dropbox &idea as image host, but obviously that wasn't such a bright idea, since I could probably only see it myself. I've moved the image now, so I hope that it's visible for other people...
Well I use Dropbox for my images. It's not a bad idea, but it takes a bit of searching to make sure you are using the public link rather than the private share one.

Also, it took a bit, but I found the seam. Not noticeable, mind you, just in an obvious spot.
It's a nice, long interchange though. I especially like the way you weave the water around the highway and surrounding roads.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Haljackey

Wow great work guys!

It's been a while since I've posted anything here, so here's something BIG.

Seriously. Click image for full size or HERE if it doesn't load.

I use Flickr these days for large image hosts, imgur for regular ones. Here;s a link to this image as an example: https://www.flickr.com/photos/haljackey/21221733605/in/dateposted-public/

compdude787

Nice interchange, Haljackey! I really like how unique it is, and it sure is efficient when it comes to space usage.

My YouTube Channel

gtaman