• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

romualdillo's little BATs & Problems

Started by romualdillo, May 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romualdillo

Thank you guys!!!

I was a bit tired of modelling buildings, so I started with the automatas again. I wasn't happy with the previous model, the proportions were wrong and it looked too flat (like all the other maxis vehicles), so I downloaded a Ford T blueprint and changed them. I also changed the z-Axis scale to 1,33 (it looks much better in-game).

Consider that it's not finished yet, texturing it's not easy and the driver is a nightmare. Please, let me know your opinion. (402 polys)

The model is similar to this one:

carlfatal

You are crazy!  $%Grinno$%
I have no clue, where you will lead us to, but I am sure, we will follow with big eyes and open mouths. This model is such a cutie and it looks so inviting for a nice little tour. Totally wowed...  &apls &apls &apls

seraf

Great work on the buildings :) As for the car - previous model already looked good, this one looks great, nice work! :)

Simcoug

So awesome!!  Amazing work on the model T - I can't wait to play around with these beauties :)

JP Schriefer

Very good work, the car looks awesome! Would you consider it as mmp as well? :P

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Beautiful work  &apls  New proportions are a nice improvement I think. I finally got the time to really play SC4 recently and can't wait to use your bats!

deora

So,you are doing Cars now?
Well in that case.... (puts on reading Glasses and unfolds a huge Scroll of Paper filled with wanted Cars for SC 4) :D

No seriously,your Model looks mindblowing.I instantly want to take this Ride for a little Tour through my SC 4 New York...and using the Cars Horn just to make me giggle because of the Model T Horn Sound....arrruhr...

reddonquixote

Sorry, no good, I can't see any tufting in the seat  :D

This is really amazing work, very cute little model car  &apls

and I missed commenting your your previous update, those little row houses are beautiful, excellent details and the night lights are looking really nice as well  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vester

Could you post a old and new model picture ?

Would love to see the model in a few colors, the red and blue in your last picture, maybe a black and a cream (just guessing that it was sold in that color)

romualdillo

carlfatal: Thank you!! Well, I hope this leads to somewhere between 1910 and 1914.  :D

seraf: Thank you!!  :D

Simcoug: Thank you!!  :D

Schriefer: Thank you!! I was going to do them as props too, but I hadn't thought about doing them as mmp. Let's see.  :thumbsup:

Girafe: Thank you!!  :D

noahclem: Thank you!! :D

deora: Thank you!! Yes, I'm doing some cars, and I accept suggestions for veteran ones, if you're interested.

reddonquixote::)

vester:
Older models and their colours... I prefer the new one much more.

Green:

Red (edit: I forgot this):

Blue:

Dark Green:

Black:

Brown-Cream:

New model, total poly count 388 (not that much):

Yes, reddonquixote, now with tufting. I was thinking if it was necessary, but now I HAD to put it.  :P

It is an override mod, so I'm having problems with the lights. The lights here are from the overridden model, and not of the new car. Does anybody know how to solve this? The TGI numbers are exactly the same, everything seems to be OK, and I don't know what to do...

I hope you like it!!

c.p.

The car looks beautiful :thumbsup:  My first impression though is the new model seems a little too vertically stretched.  I wonder if it would be better if stretched 1.25 instead of 1.33?  The more I look at it it seems fine, so maybe not worth trying if it is difficult to do. &mmm

Unconstantean

amazing talent !!!

what about a red version of the Ford.  ;D
and yes a car list :D a huge one filled with vintage cars :D

"$Deal"$

manga rivotra

We know that you used to do perfect buildings, and now i see that you can make perfect car.........
So I can say only one thing : Please never stop!  ;D

kelis

I like how the car looks in your pictures but actually I HATE this car, I'm making a Japanese region and I hate to see this car every time that I play...Is possible to delete this car ?

Thanks and keep up the good work AMIGO  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

Thank you guys!!!!  :D

c.p.: I think I'm going to let it as it is by now. There's always time to change it.  :)

kelis: Well, I got this car in a bonus CD when I purchased the game. The car is located in the file "Plugin_007_AirForceBase.dat". It should be in a folder called "plugins" in the SimCity 4 folder of your "Program Files". It works like the other "plugins" folder in "my documents". Just delete the exemplar file of the car with the Reader. I hope it helps!!!  ;)

seraf

Looks beautiful  &apls

I can only hope you will make some of my favorite cars too someday   ;D

reddonquixote

Ah, yes beautiful tufting. Now it's 200% perfect  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Simcoug

Wonderful - I love the red color.  I hope you will be releasing these as props too  :thumbsup:

art128

Impressive models. :)

Agree with Simcoug about the props.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog