• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

Frank you still doing a great job here. I love those loast lots. Landhuis Borgelerhof  and Conferentieoord De Horst are really , really Dutch. I love them !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vortext

For Twickel Castle maybe have a look at the Slovak/Hungarian smalltown set by Wallibuk, it has (ruined) wall pieces and matching buildings. Not quite Dutch but I think it'd be suitable for your idea.

And yes I mean just TE-ing to connect the street to the lot. It'd look weird to have those streets ending in the middle of the farm field. You could of course make matching park pieces.

Thanks for the bridges. I've been wondering how to go about making proper Dutch ditches for a long time myself, problem is they're typically rather small, i.e. not easy to recreate on a 16m grid.  &mmm
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

Thank you kelis!

And thank you too Vortext.

The Slovak stuff is a good idea. I'll try them out.

And Dutch Ditches.... I thought it would be nice if:
1. The Simgoober irrigation canals had green edges.
2. Or the Diggis streams had green edges with some grasses and reed.
3. Or the SPIC canals had green edges instead of the wooden planks or whatever it is....

But they don't. So I have to do with what I can find.

mrbisonm

On the way back home this weekend after 3 and a half weeks in the NZ wilderness. Hope it got warmer in Canada by now, although it wasn't too warm down here.
A few days to recover from the time difference and some good sleep in my Favourite bed, and I will be back with some good news. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Being in the last week of finishing the MFP1 once and for all, I came across a problem again (scale is always a problem to me), or let's say, I would like some opinions (several if possible).

The barn is final, the scale is good, but the smaller grainsilos, I am having some problems with their scale. Can't decide.............. :-[
There are three different scales, 1, 2, and 3 and I just cannot figure out which one to offer. Here in Canada, we have a lot of different sizes of these grainsilos. I want to make only one size for the MFP1 Set, because there is already enough models in this package.

So, to your taste and liking as a Player, which scale would you prefer. If you need more reference pics with other models (tractors, big silos, sheds etc) let me know. No problem, I got what you need..........  ;)
Thanks

Fred

FrankU

Hi Fred,

Because here too we have silo's in different sizes it does not really matter. But if I have to choose only one, I'd say: number 1.

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on October 13, 2015, 09:50:45 AM
Hi Fred,

Because here too we have silo's in different sizes it does not really matter. But if I have to choose only one, I'd say: number 1.

Good, I would like some more opinions. I have about 15 or so different models of these smaller grainsilos.
BTW....Impossible for me to meet the deeadline date (15th) , but it will be next week for sure, We are having the most beautiful Indian summer here in Quebec since years (see pictures below), the best time to enjoy the warmth and sunshine before the harsh canadian winter arrives, besides, we are having the federal election on the 19th here in Canada and me being the responsable for the organisation of the Public Voting in our municipality, I am busy like nuts since two weeks. I didn't think of this when I decided the Delivering date last spring.

We will all survive this, right? ???

All the other silos are ready, rendered and tested, so are all the sheds.......oufffff, there are way too many I think......lol. Anyways, all that is left to do are the grainsilos and about a dozen of machinery models. We are getting there, closing in like never before..... :-[ This is a Gigantic set of big models!!!!

Fred
During next week though, you will get a very big package though. ;)

Pics are from my village and around the farm...and are NOT modified with any filter or program.

FrankU

Ok, so I will wait a bit more.
With such beautiful weather it is a shame to stay inside. We just have left the good weather since yesterday.
Until monday we had about two weeks of sunny and cool weather. Now it's getting grey and cold. Nice for lotting behind the screen!

But there will be more than one grain silo model, right?

Frank

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on October 14, 2015, 12:04:30 AM
But there will be more than one grain silo model, right?
Frank

Oh my....to be honest, I don't know how many I have done, just haven't counted the different models yet. I am still trying to clean all that mess of models I did in the last three years and find the right (and the best) ones to include into the MFP1/Grain-Silo sets. But I will make sure only 3 to 5 models will be chosen. There is already too many models of everything. Maybe I will add some more later in an Add-on, depending on how the whole MFP1 set will be received by Players.

Fred

FrankU

All right!
3 to 5 will be enough for me.

My hands are aching....

FrankU

To all who cares about this thread: it has been silent for some time, due to health problems at Fred's side of the line.

We all will have to wait until he is back up and running again. It may take some weeks. Sorry for the delay.

Let's send him some good wishes!  ()flower()

Frank

Alan_Waters

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Terring7

Good health is more important than anything else. My wishes for the best to Fred ()flower()
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

FlyHigh

>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

mgb204

Best wishes Fred, hope you are well again soon.

Vizoria

catty

Quote from: FrankU on February 01, 2016, 01:51:17 AM
...Let's send him some good wishes!  ()flower()

Fred thinking of you   ()flower()  hope you are better soon
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

romualdillo

gn_leugim

best of wishes to Fred!  ;) get up good again!  :thumbsup: