• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korver

Lovely work as always &apls

belfastsocrates

Loving this burst of activity! My plopped suburbs will look fabulous :)

Can't wait to see what else is hiding in that vault.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mattb325

Thanks guys...two more to round out today's uploads. Slowly getting through them all so I can start uploading the more recent stuff (i.e. from the last 10 pages  :D )

The first is a remake of the John Brogan homes that I initially released here on SC4D as part of the birthday bash. These are just pattern book houses by a well known Sydney Architect of the inter-war years. The first set were reasonably OK, but obviously in 2012 I saw fit to re-render them....!). I have actually left the old version in my plugins (these houses were released as standalone rather than a prop-pack) together with the new version as it really does provide variety.

The new ones have been given better textures, slightly better scaling and of course custom foundations.

Here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3680

The next one is another from the SIMPEG days...2006 or 2007 (but who's counting?) that was lost in the site closure.

Reussdale House is in Glebe, Sydney. It's a Victorian Era Gothic Revival.
Real life (while being restored):

Simpeg Version:

New Version has new scaling, stats , textures and lot work...and of course custom foundations:

Here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3681

bladeberkman

Pages and pages of awesome, prolific work. Can't thank you enough for your ongoing contributions to the community and for sharing some of these "lost" works. Loving your re-releases, too. The new scales and textures are spot on and blend nicely with Maxis content.

Akallan

It's impossible to stop you! Thank you for all these BATS, you do a lot and in addition, all the BATS are of irreproachable quality!
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Andreas

Admittedly, I never downloaded your very first BATs, since back then, the scale and texture quality was a bit off, compared to the Maxis stuff and some other BATters. So I'm very delighted to see these makeovers, since the models were always nice.

Unlike the US or UK, where you can find areas with lots of very similar homes one next to each other, I'm used to a great variety of shapes and styles, and your latest releases are a much welcome addition to the variety in my game (which, unfortunately, I haven't touched in quite a while, but I'd still like to play it again...).
Andreas

mattb325

Thanks guys...I'm sure that some members of the community would just love, love, love it if I stopped and disappeared...I am not very popular in some circles  :D

But that suits me just fine  :satisfied:.....

The old modern house pack is now in the firing line for upgrading.

The originals weren't too bad. In my plugins I have left the old and new versions side by side. The reason is two fold: 1) because the new ones have been made slope tolerant and have a driveway as part of the custom foundation, they are limited to slopes of about 5m; therefore on steeper slopes, these will not grow (nothing worse than having a sloping driveway hovering in the air). 2) keeping both packs will give maximum variety.

The first one released is the Cascade. Two variants....I quite like this one; it is a starter home, but by making it historical it blends in really nicely with R$$/R$$$ suburbs for balanced city building.

Here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3683

And the Bristol. 4 variants including a diagonal, 45 degree version for corners, lots of different lots & rotations (including 1x2, 2x2, 2x3 and 3x2).

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3685

APSMS

It's like Christmas come early!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

mattb325

Thanks  :) Another from the vault (not ready for release yet as I changed some stats and need to do some testing). This was an inspired copy of - not downloaded - a model I saw on a 3D modelling site. It's not as old as the others and is in 3ds format

mattb325

Worthington Modern Houses (slope friendly) are also released

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3687

fantozzi

Hahaha! Those stupid pirates! You know, in pirates of the caribbean, it's always all about treasures. They go hunting for treasures all around the world in the most mythical places.

Hahaha! If they only knew - the true treasures are lying in the depth of Matt's hard drive.

Tyberius06

Oh... I think I just have the perfect hillside location for these houses, also that tile has some flat part and some beach part... It's perfect a smaller town with all your houses! ;)

Thanks for making them. And that library... It's a real beauty I love that building, unique shape, and looks modern!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

gaoting

your all lots are so great!would you mind to tyr to make some skyscrapers?looking forward

AsimPika3172

Thanks for nice buildings ever!  :thumbsup: &apls :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

omgitskosc

*actual depths of matt's hard drive*

Loving this remaster train. The library looks fantastic and would look great against some FA roads.

theaveragephil

hey! pclark06 from simtrop here. a big fan of your work. just wondering, how is that IKEA that is in the works going? I have a space for it saved for my city, lol.

mattb325

Thanks guys...PC's do contain lots of gold...that's why they should always be recycled  /&HiPP/% Although it makes you wonder what gems might be lurking out there.

There's not much left in the vault. But it will have delivered more than 30 separate uploads across almost 200 models. Not a bad effort for objects that I had forgotten about.

The Kendrick model re-work. This really is an all-american style modern house. It has diagonal and ortho versions. Again, it can co-exist with the other models in the modern house pack.

Here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3688

As for the IKEA, once I've cleared the vault (which is very soon) I can finish testing the last of the dozen or so pending releases in the queue, and the ikea is amongst these...then I think I'll need a holiday from my hobby  &mmm :P

theaveragephil

All I have to say is like what the kids these days say while Snapchatting their Cities:Skylines builds: "yassssssss"

mattb325

Thanks theaveragephil  :)

Quote from: omgitskosc on September 23, 2018, 10:52:55 AM

... The library .... would look great against some FA roads.

Imagine the co-incidence that the front of the building is almost 18.4°, or FAR-3...(the first option in the FAR list).

:satisfied:

Indiana Joe

&apls  Never enough angled buildings!  It also makes it easier if they're ploppable/civics, since growing diagonals is hard to control.  We should be funding this...