• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A Question About NAM Traffic Simulators

Started by un1, December 17, 2008, 03:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un1

I was thinking if I could maybe make a traffic simulator. Am I allowed to release traffic simulators without it being apart of the NAM? is my main question. But before I get even near to releasing it or starting it. Is there any guidelines I should follow before I do start?

-un1

Andreas

Well, looking at how much research went into the traffic plugins that have been developed lately, I wonder why you would like to release another one. There is no "perfect" traffic simulator anyway, since every city is different, and everyone has a different computer, so one setting might perform very well on one computer, while another one might perform better on another computer. Every traffic simulator can only provide a more or less accurate approximation of the "best" values, so feel free to tinker with the values, which might lead to the "perfect" simulator for your cities. The simulators that were developed or that are under development right now are trying to get a balanced set of values which might serve well for the most common city configurations that are out there, and the different approaches give you enough variety to pick the simulator that works best for you. I don't think that the wheel has to be re-invented yet another time, though.
Andreas

un1

Ah, that is okay. Thanks anyways.  Feel free to delete this thread.

-un1