• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi!

Very nice office bulding Matt, thank you very much to share this one as well! And I like your golf club as well, I needed a piece of that kind of lot, but haven't found a proper one, and you made it!
I know it's not a request thread, but if you could make some 2x2 modern looking w2w (midrise) office buliding set, that would be very useful. What I sometimes do, that I put 2 original maxis office bulding as props on a 5x2 lot (as a family, so the buldings changing and doesn't look so repetitive), and I planed to make some experiments ILL Tonkso 2011 office set, which are quite modern, but more veriety would be nice... :)

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

matias93

Beautiful work!! Let's hope for more rainy days so, if they are so productive  :D . Here on the other side of the Pacific everything is scorching hot :(

BTW, it's just my impression or there is some veiled reference to the NYT building facade there?

Quote from: Tyberius06 on November 12, 2017, 02:09:19 AM
Hi!

Very nice office bulding Matt, thank you very much to share this one as well! And I like your golf club as well, I needed a piece of that kind of lot, but haven't found a proper one, and you made it!
I know it's not a request thread, but if you could make some 2x2 modern looking w2w (midrise) office buliding set, that would be very useful. What I sometimes do, that I put 2 original maxis office bulding as props on a 5x2 lot (as a family, so the buldings changing and doesn't look so repetitive), and I planed to make some experiments ILL Tonkso 2011 office set, which are quite modern, but more veriety would be nice... :)

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius

+1000 to this, W2W buildings are always in sore need to create nice city centres; not everything on a CBD is a shiny skyscraper, you know...

Can I suggest some buildings, just in case they open your modeling appetite?

Oberpaur Building

Banco Internacional Building (Moneda 818, Santiago)

Ahumada 280 (Santiago)

Carlos Pellegrini 675, Buenos Aires

Berlingieri Building
(Hipólito Yrigoyen 1620, Buenos Aires)

Korean Development Bank (Budapest) <-- This one is much more post-modern than modern, but I like how it (not)mixes on the environment

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Akallan

Very good job, &apls thank you!
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Badsim

Hi Matt ,

One of these day I should take the time to developp a complete Matt City , your BATs are always inspired and inspiring !  &apls &apls &apls

But , well , I'm coming here with also a request ( it doesn't cost anything to ask ...  :P ) I'm currently working about snow theme and I have in mind some of your BATs which could fit for a ski resort ( quickly made ) :

Beurlay , Almeda , Emporio , Ainslee and Englewood , this list isn't exhaustive ... if only they could have a snow covered version  ::) ... do you have still these models files in your archives ? And would you  be interested to have a look at some buildings from Aspen too :

... really I think they would be jewels from you .  ()lurker() Hmm ! Summer is arriving for you , O.K. ,  forgive (& forget ) me ...  :D

:thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Jack_wilds

downtown Milwaukee has two hotels on teh same block... one is a 3-star Metro Hotel and is a art-deco/metropolitian looking place... and the "Pfister"an old 5 star establishment... to view them better yahoo "images of metro hotel milwaukee" and there will be pics of teh metro and the same search for images for teh pfister... and teh downtown hiltons... offered for inspiration in case you are running low.. the corner office tower is so good I moved in and called world headquarters to my SC4 Land Company

metarvo

Good job on Kyneton Square, Matt!  :thumbsup:  These office buildings with lots of glass provide ample opportunities to show nightlighting and interior views, which are both done well here.  Great!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

noahclem

I have to admit I've had almost the exact thought as Cedric, going as far as to use a couple of those regularly in all my ski resorts :D  So if the models are around and you had the time there would be at least a couple of us putting them to good use ;)

Great work on the last building, really enjoy the architecture and night lights and it fills a very useful niche :)

art128

That's a beautiful building! I couldn't fit any of the Japanese small shops i have to complete the 2x2 corner W2W but i managed to make a small loading bay and a parking entrance fit, so it's all good. :)
Thanks for these beauties!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Thanks guys:

@eggman121: I didn't know you were in Kyneton...I was in Daylesford not too long ago for work and spent a little bit of time on the main street and Kyneton Botanic Gardens...hence the name of that little made-up building. I don't get to that part of Victoria very often, so I did a few day trips while I had the chance  :D

@badsim, I'll see what I can do with the newer models. I don't think I'll be able to alter the old gmax ones. My biggest problem at present is trying to find the snow texture I used on the deodar prop which should probably fit with the game...watch this space I guess  $%#Ninj2

@ Everyone else, thanks for the likes/comments and thanks for the suggestions and pictures, they are quite nice..I've added a few to my possible buildings-to-bat folder  ;)...btw, Jack_Wilds...I'm pretty sure Simgoober made the second building on your list. I can't recall the name, but it is very familiar  %confuso

Lots and lots of rainy weather at the moment, so I've been chipping away at a few new Bats. Today's offering is another London one; the stock exchange...and it is modded as a new stock exchange reward.

It's available here: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32008-london-stock-exchange/

I am working on doing something about the in-game 'Tourist Trap', so stay tuned  $%Grinno$%

kelis

Thanks ! It's a masterpiece  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

TheTeaCat

I really like this BAT, fabulous work!  &apls
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Alan_Waters

Great building! Excellent lot!  &apls &apls &apls

art128

I took the liberty of reloting it so that it fits better in my cities. Still an incredible job! And fast too!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Hi Matt.

Great model!! I hope you don't mind if one day I relot it and release it again. Such great building deserves a custom made lot texture.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Jack_wilds

really luve the model... well done

belfastsocrates

Excellent!  &apls

Enjoying the UK love with some of these recent releases!  :satisfied:
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Akallan

Amazing BAT, thank you! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

brick_mortimer

Sweet, very cool new bats, every single one of them.  &apls

I missed a few updates ever since sc4devotion.com became a banned website at work and I couldn't do my daily "lunch-browse"  &mmm

Quote from: mattb325 on November 17, 2017, 04:07:38 PM...Lots and lots of rainy weather at the moment, so I've been chipping away at a few new Bats...

Ah, my with doctor is delivering as promised  ;D
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

eggman121

Quote@eggman121: I didn't know you were in Kyneton...I was in Daylesford not too long ago for work and spent a little bit of time on the main street and Kyneton Botanic Gardens...hence the name of that little made-up building. I don't get to that part of Victoria very often, so I did a few day trips while I had the chance  :D

So that was some local Inspiration  :D

I actually live off Daylesford Malmsbury Road Myself in Drummond. I say I am in Kyneton since no one knows where Drummond is ::)

I hope you enjoyed the area  ;)

Anyway keep up the good BATing work. Amazing work going on here  :)

-eggman121

noahclem

Looks great! The building should fit nicely and the modding sounds real handy as well--especially handy if one spends most of their time thinking about transportation networks and realistic overhead look and not on how to get the simulator to really back those plans  ;D