• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Truly is something of a wonder and beautiful. 

FA pieces are surely missed from sound walls at which one has to make do with what is currently available. 

Thank you so much for your stupendous imaginative and creative ideas and work. 

dyoungyn

mrbisonm

Wow, Great! Soundwalls.....love 'em. They're always useful. Country, villages, towns and cities!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Simmer2

Thanks everyone  :)

Moving them to the edge and adding a wall texture makes for a nifty 15m Barriers AND Wall transition....oh the possibilities!

This is just a quick mock-up

Simmer2 Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

compdude787

Whoa, that's awesome!! :thumbsup: &apls I've been away from SC4 for a while and this really makes me wanna come back! (if I could only find the time...) Anyway, I like that you've made some slope-conforming sound walls, and I suppose you could still offer versions of those that are placed in the middle of the tile rather than the edge, in order to use them on RHW-6S networks.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vinlabsc3k

Great sound barrier set!! &apls &apls &apls
But could you make overhanging straight, diagonal and O>D pieces. please?
Oh , and an elevated version?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

noahclem

Pretty cool idea! My attention quickly goes to those awesome train cars though :O

Badsim

&apls

Inspired work as usual , this set drives all previous ones to obsolescence ... I like particularly the graffitis . Should be also perfect for industrial  walls . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Simmer2

@compdude787 Welcome back!  The entire set is based on zero X-Y-Z axis (they are in the middle) and no base texture. Occupancy building size is very tiny thus allowing any MMPs to be placed on the lots, even beneath the model.

@vinlabsc3k OH's are in the bunch, elevated is not on the books yet.

@noahclem Ah yes the train cars...soon ;)

@Badsim Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Lot weeding and LODs testing phase.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

No more Base Balls going onto the road  :P

Great work Nick These will be really useful for places where noise walls are relevant.  :thumbsup:

Are you working on any other varieties?

-eggman121

kelis

You will see them often in my MD  $%Grinno$% I love them my friend  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simmer2

@eggman121 Thank you. By variety, do you mean different angles? or different models?

@kelis I would love to see them in your MD! Thank you.

A few have asked about  EL Highway Sound Barriers....its possible but way too tedious to implement on curves and ramps therefore I will just leave it at this for now.

A prototype.

Simmer2

feyss

If only you could travel in time and invent this in 2007  :D

dyoungyn

Great job &apls &apls &apls &apls 

Now if walls could be created for L1/2 RHW6S?  Is it safe to assume that your basic L2 walls will also work with L2 RHW8S and 6C/8C?

Simmer2

@ dyoungyn It should work.

Continuing the Wind Power theme. Its called SM2 Wind Power Inc. They manufacture the blades and cones only. Another company makes the masts and heads. I-M with 326 jobs.

Simmer2/Nick

PS. I'm in the process of creating the 2 dozens plus lot icons for the Sound Barriers.

gn_leugim

nice job! very nice indeed!

I can see this feature in CJ/Mayor dairies when you release it ;)

feyss

Great, my city just needed some modern industry for its redevelopment  :D

Simmer2

The sequence and 2 night shots. Its coming ;)

Simmer2

noahclem

Wind power factory is looking great  &apls Is that an L1 MHW with the barriers or an L1 RHW4 with MHW pylons?  %confuso

brick_mortimer

Cool, now my cities are no longer dependent on import for their wind turbines :D
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

bombardiere

I like the sequence. It makes the place lively. Too modern for my normal taste, but I think I can find some use.