• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Ho....those look great, hope you'll change this terrible  and so common Maxis groundtexture though, before I do. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

CT14

Thanks for all your work this year, especially the larger industries and the coaling tower!  &apls

Since you asked for feedback, I am texturing a rail lot and found a couple of RRW overlays not yet present - QTR with outside tracks ending (connects to DTR) and a diagonal STR to DTR transition. Do they exist? I'm not 100% sure I have the latest versions of all packs.

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

CT14 Are you referring to the NSB pack? or the RRW ones?

Well here is another concept. Subway stations in a family.....1 lot, 5 choices for max variety. In other words, every time you plop this lot you can get 1 out 5 station choices

SM2 Subway Stations Pack

All of them have nightlights. Here are a few pics.

Cheers

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Seaman

Oh thank you sooo much, Simmer2!

I'm not supposed to say that out loud, but all these years I was still using the vanilla subway station and havn't found the time to search new ones that I like.
So... this hits my personal nail on the head! Thx again.

Tyberius06

Woow! Nice set!  &apls &apls
With them as a bonus would you release the underground car park or you have a different plan for that model? Anyway, the first one already has a place on one of my lots. It's way too nice not to use it.

Thanks a lot!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

matias93

How a great idea!  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

paddy0174

There is a new underground parking in the pipeline? I do need to read these threads more carefully.....

Nice ones, Simmer2, and desperately needed! On the other hand, what would not be desperately needed.... :D :D :D
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Simmer2

Thanks for the likes and replies!

Did anyone say underground parking?

Like this?

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Terring7

Big fan of underground parking here. Why spending so much space to build a parking lot, when you can just build a bigger one underground? My only question is if this underground parking ramp will be available as prop, because I'd like to use it at my grow-able lots.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Simmer2

Thanks Terring7

SM2 Locomotive Wash Station is now online here....https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3718

Lot list has been amended.

Simmer2

Simmer2

Managed to finish another! A few people have been waiting for this one  ;)

SM2 Underground Parking is here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3720

...and another..SM2 Subway Stations Pack.....https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3722

Simmer2

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

Andreas

Hah, that's an effective locomotive power wash alright, the blue and yellow paint came off, so it shows a fresh green now. ;)
Andreas

Tyberius06

Oh, yeah! Thanks for these awesome uploads.  &apls &apls
Special thanks for the underground parking, now I'm able to start releasing a couple of things ;)

Nice work on the subway stations and the locomotive wash station.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Simmer2

Thank you!

Prince Shoal Lighthouse...almost done.

Simmer2

paddy0174

That looks...hmm....weird? I am not sure, if I like it or not.... Nicely done (as usual :) ), but...hmmm...

No, don't know! :D :D :D :D :D
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Tyberius06

Hm... paddy, if you were referring onto the whole picture, I think that modelled water tile is just placeholder.
The actual model won't contain the water texture, I assume. But the tower itself is brilliant I think.
Nicely done!

-Tyberius

fantozzi

It's an uncommon almost weird bat - like an oil platform with a light tower, placed eccentric on top of the platform. Never seen such a thing before. But I trust blindly in Simmer2. He's the artist to surprise us and if you look on the algae at the bottom (maybe a little darker?) and on the fading red circles on the lighthouse one has to admit this is superb texture work.  :thumbsup:

It's something uncommon, yes, but therfore I like it even more.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Hi Paddy.

I agree that it is a very weird lighthouse and that my friend IS the reason why I batted it  ;) It doubles as a stepping point for the marine rescue helicopter and also has housing for the crew for long term stays.

The water is just a place holder like Tibi said. I understand that photographically it looks out of places and that is because of the difference in lighting between the batted water and the model itself.

Perception is everything  :)

Thanks Fantozzi. You do understand my choices  &apls

Here is the real one.

Haut-Fond Prince Lighthouse, ST Lawrence River, Quebec

Simmer2

Andreas

A quite unusual design alright, but looking up the lighthouse in Wikipedia reveals that it was built on a shoal (a rock in shallow water) in the middle of the St. Lawrence River, where it has to withstand a difference of about 6 meters between high tide and low tide. The water is obviously a placeholder alright, but it definitely shows the rough environment this lighthouse is located in!

EDIT: Nick beat me by a second. ;)
Andreas