• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Oh thank you very much

- c.p. for your compliments
- Themistokles for bringing up the issue of karma
- Simmer2 for the feedback in general
- Vortext for actually giving me the karmapoint
- Vizoria for underestimating the challenges when making a Dutch environment...  ;D

But well, now you bring it up yourself: a complete Dutch, or better: Dutchlike, environment is what I am aiming for. Therefore the newest project: the Dutch Housing Project. And we're all still waiting for the finishing touch of the Dutch Farms Set.
The unfinished state of the latter is one of the main reasons that I do not play the game actually, these days.

And as you probably know I was working on Stage 6 and 7 Heritage lots. But now that CAM 2 has changed the I-R system these lots are not going to fit into the new Stage system. So today I did my first attempt on changing one of those lots into my First Self Made Reward. Well.... I thought I did follow Daeley's tutorial step by step, but the Reward does not work yet.....
It would be nice if I had one that works with the Daeley LUA script, but all BSC rewards I can find use another LUA....
I guess I have to dig further.

Greetings,
Frank

Jack_wilds

enjoyed the rewards set... notably the zoo, the parks set, and the country Fair especially...
a mighty well done for the project... the karma points well deserved...

:thumbsup:

now its house sitting; watching the house sets form...

wish I had something of substance to further contribute   ??? &mmm... but there it is...

THX for the work as I wait for the farm project sets to begin... which ought to be something worth working on   :popcorn:

cogeo

Frank,

Nice lotting work here!

As for the reward-enabling prob, take a look in my Chamber of Commerce and Industry reward. It doesn't really use Daeley's script, instead it's made as the BSC stuff, IIRC it contains only the absolutely needed elements, and has no other dependencies (apart from some prop-packs for the lot, of course). I could provide help, if needed.

The house models are really nice! Are they R$$$? I'm wondering whether they are sized as needed, to make some props to be included in the standard Maxis Euro mansion set (which surprisingly is quite extensive), and whether any similar, but somewhat larger, stuff exists, to include it into the Maxis palazzo set (which unfortunately comprises only two models).

FrankU

Hi Jack, thank you for the never ceasing support!

Hi Cogeo, in the meantime I succeeded in getting it to work. I was confused wether to use the building exemplar IID's or the prop exemplar IID's, but of course it were the Building IID's.
My first reward is working: a cemetery that succeeds the three Maxis cemeteries.
Daeley's tutorial was a great help, but Kwakelaar's market stalls showed me some details that I had missed.
The tutorial is a bit too short for direct understanding.

Anyway, in the tutorial Daeley made an obscure remark about the use of Occupant Groups, but as I was smart and had added custom OG's to my latter lots it was very easy to add certain OG's as conditions. So yesterday evening I needed 50 flower farmf ields as condition for the Cemetery. But now I balanced the stats with the Maxis Cemeteries. It's nice: a new toy!
So now I will be able to make rewards that have my Dutch lots (and/or BSC lots) as conditions. Hmmmm!

But the karma point.... I have to admit that I did not yet finish the whole Rewards Set.
I intentionally left out the NIMBY rewards, although they are on the list.
Furthermore I totally forgot about the Airforce Base. It is a separate file, but that's no reason to forget about it?
And then there are the large police station, the large fire station, the large schools etc. But these I will do when and if I am going to rework all the items in these menus. Because my thought is: why spoil my menus with new items when I can overwrite the default Maxis items that I am not going to use anyway?

The house models are R$, R$$ and R$$$. And about the mansion set and palace set I don't know anything. I am even not really sure I understand your remark... Maybe explain a bit more?

Frank

mrbisonm

Congrats Frank, now that the reward set is finished, and believe me, they are all wonderful.

You surely will be able to see them in my next MD/CJ, coming up once the MFP1 is out. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

FrankU

Hello friends,

Now that Invisichem has released CAM 2.1.0 I asked myself what to do with the Stage 6 and 7 lots that I had prepared.
In my opinion it is a bit weird to have farms getting larger and more industrial when they go from stage 1 up to stage 5, then become heritage lots and then grow again even larger with stages 8, 9 and 10. Although that is the way Invisichem did now release his CAM. Mainly, of course, in order to be compatible with all the stuff from the past.

In my opinion it would be better to let the farms stages up to the farms and have the heritage lots in another set. So I though of making Rewards out of them.
Hence I jumped into the field of reward making. Funny enough it appeared to be not so difficult as there is a very versatile tutorial with LUA script by Daeley.

My first reward is quite an obvious one.

I took this lot, the Wezenveld Cemetery:

And made it into the fourth Cemetery reward.
I always had the feeling that there are not enough cemetries. The three small ones by Maxis won't suffice when your city grows. Hence a lot of cemetry lots in fixed or modular versions on the STEX and other sites. But here is the ultimate solution.

Here is the table with the conditions and assets of all four rewards.

Property                Cemetery 1    Cemetery 2    Cemetery 3    Wezenveld

Population min               2.500        15.000        60.000      120.000
Mayor rating min                42            46            50           54
Conditional building  Hof worship1    Cemetery 1    Cemetery 2   Cemetery 3
Bulldoze cost                 1200          1680          3000         4000
Pollution air amount           -15           -18           -35          -60
Pollution air radius             3             4             5            6
Pollution water amount           4             5             6            8
Pollution water radius           3             3             5            6
Garbage amount                   1             2             3            4
Garbage radius                   0             0             0            0
Radiation                        0             0             0            0
Flammability                    35            35            35           35
Power consumed                   5             7            25           40
Water consumed                 100           140           250          400
Maintenance cost                 0             0             0            0
Park effect amount              40            48            63           80
Park effect radius              20            24            32           36
Mayor rating magn                2             2             2            3
Mayor rating radius            220           220           220          220

Would you like to have this reward in your own city?

The next one will be this one.

It was meant as a conference center for the agricultural industry. And I am in doubt what to do with it. Surely I can make a College out of it... But that is boring. A College reward then? But the original game college, or any other that is available, is large enough to educate the sims. So there is no reason for a reward college, isn't it?
I'd like the reward to boost agriculural growth: more farms in higher stages will come when you plop this one. So my question is: what properties should this lot have in order to boost farming desirability?
Should it be some kind of up scale farmer's market reward?

Frank

FrankU, SimGoober released a farm ditch set that raises farming demand cap, if that may help. You may want to download and check it to see for yourself how he has made it.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2249

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

vortext

Nice job Frank!  &apls

The statistic for the cemetery are really well done. As for the conference centre, iirc there actually is a convention centre reward which boosts commercial demand, right? So maybe take that as the basis and change it so it boosts IR?  %confuso
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

FrankU

Thank you all for your encouragement and help!

@ 11241036: thanks for the link. I'll see if I can find what I am looking for.

@ Vortext: you mean the Simgoober Convention? Yes of course! I have it in my plugins!

With both your help I'll be able to find it out. Otherwise I can make it a kind of super Farmer's Market, right?

It took me some time to find time to check the reward. You won't believe me, but I have no region available that has enough population for checking this rewards easily. I had to fill three ugly city tiles in order to have this one tested. But it acutally appeared to work, so I wrapped it up and uploaded it for your convenience.

So now the Cemetery Reward is available at:
LEX
STEX

Have fun!
Frank

FrankU

Thank you Alan_Waters!

Did anyone enjoy the Reward in their cities already?

Meanwhile I have broken my ankle while riding my bike...So I am sitting with my foot on a cushion and I may only walk with crutches. Not fun... &mmm
But I managed to finish, more or less, the third set of Dutch Housing lots: the years from around 1920 until 1970.
Have a look at the images and tell me what you like or miss. Or don't like, of course.

I have them in R$, R$$ and I have two R$$$ models. One of them isn't really Dutch, but I decided I could use it anyway. Just the Rietveld-Schröder house was bit few.
At the moment the set contains 88 lots.

Alan_Waters

Excellent! &apls &apls &apls
Get well soon!
Diagonal is not?

FrankU

Thank you Alan_Waters,
No diagonals: because I have no diagonal models. Sorry.

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

belfastsocrates

Super! These look great, a lot of them could easily be used in British-style residential areas, which is exactly what I plan to do!

Get well soon as well
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Mandarin(a)

Picture No. 22 ... is that a castle ???
And I really like those apartment blocks!

FrankU

Thank you all for the compliments.

@ Mandarin(a): no, it;s not a castle, it's a 1920ies social housing complex.