• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to draw road R5 curve

Started by tomvsotis, December 31, 2018, 06:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomvsotis

Hey, so I may well just be being an idiot -- it's certainly happened before -- but i can't for the life of me find any documentation on how to actually draw the R5 radius road network curve that came with NAM 36. Could someone please put me out of my misery and tell me how it's done?

Tarkus

The R5 is a FLEX piece only, the same as the R4.  You'll find it under the Road Curves menu with the old puzzle pieces.  It's at the very end of the TAB Loop, so you can get to it quickly by pressing Shift-TAB.

-Alex

tomvsotis

Ohhhhhhhhhh I see. Just realized that my installation was borked somehow and i didn't *have* that menu item, which is why i was going crazy looking for it! Thanks, as always, for your help :)

eggman121

Thanks Alex  :thumbsup:

@tomvsotis The reason I did not make a draggable pattern for the R5 curve is because the R4 was just too much of a stretch to make. I wonder if I had made a draggable R5  &Thk/(

Anyway, The MRCs will have there own button in the next NAM and with the work behind the scenes you will get NWM MRCs as well.

Fun times :popcorn:

-eggman121

tomvsotis

Yeah, fair enough. The R4 one does take some getting used to, although once I got the hang of it, I found it fairly straightforward.

Actually, @eggman121, while you're here: did you ever make a video on how to draw all the new FARR stuff in NAM 36? I could have sworn you did, but maybe i'm getting it mixed up with the "Secret Weapons" videos and the Flextrack stuff you did for NAM 34. I ask because I've been trying to drag out the FARR-2 turnout all afternoon, without much success -- the documentation is helpful, but for some of the more complex patterns, I just can't get them to work, and it'd be nice to actually *see* how it's done :-/

tomvsotis

Quote from: eggman121 on December 31, 2018, 09:30:22 PM
Anyway, The MRCs will have there own button in the next NAM and with the work behind the scenes you will get NWM MRCs as well.
Also, this sounds amazing! Can't wait :D

eggman121

Quote from: tomvsotis on December 31, 2018, 11:48:55 PM
Actually, @eggman121, while you're here: did you ever make a video on how to draw all the new FARR stuff in NAM 36? I could have sworn you did, but maybe i'm getting it mixed up with the "Secret Weapons" videos and the Flextrack stuff you did for NAM 34. I ask because I've been trying to drag out the FARR-2 turnout all afternoon, without much success -- the documentation is helpful, but for some of the more complex patterns, I just can't get them to work, and it'd be nice to actually *see* how it's done :-/

Never got that far on making the a video. Here is the best bet. It documents all the patterns for the FARR stuff.

With the current works I am trying to make new content as Flex pieces for curves and whatnot.

Please scroll down on the NAM Documentation and see if you can replicate the Pieces.

I will post here after work. Someone pushed the emergency button for me to come into work. Only got the text at 10:00pm last night :D

-eggman121

tomvsotis

Ah, thank you -- I hadn't seen that document in its entirety before. Def easier than tabbing between the two PDFs that come w the NAM.