• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

w_swietwoot's Projects

Started by w_swietwoot, January 07, 2012, 02:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

Your dark colors are too dark, especially for the doors.

For the windows, you can try to put a glass material with a ground map, the result will be better than what you have now.

The rest is fine
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Quite a nice looking project.  Nice attention to detail  :thumbsup:

whatevermind

Looks good! I do agree with girafe that the windows are a little off, they seem too dark to me. Otherwise a very nice building though!  :)

vortext

I concur the windows need some more attention. The color variations for the sixties rowhouse are very nice though! And the thirties row is good too. Obviously I didn't know it was based off a RL model, you pretty much nailed it!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

w_swietwoot

Hi, thanks again for your comments and interest. I've been working on those windows and the blackness has been made less black. But I'm not sure if it is up to par, let me know.

And since this last picture was not shockingly different to the ones earlier, I thought I'd also try a bit more interesting building. Also because I think these row houses are a bit square.  ;)

MTT9

I still don't like those windows that much. The curtains effect is nice but the rest seems like the interiors are just empty black spaces.
I find the easiest methods to be to either use a glass plane and a busy looking texture on the inside. Or to just use a window texture that is noisey enough (i have used store fronts textures to do so) like you can see here on Aaron Graham's bat thread.
Hope this helps :)
You can call me Matt

art128

That last one is from Rotterdam, isn't it?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

w_swietwoot

Yes it is, Art. It's this odd but cool (at least I think it is) landmark:

Kubuswoningen in Rotterdam. But it is not nearly finished as you can see, but I have made a 3d model last week.

Windows: Ok, I will have to make the textures for the glass more interesting. I had already offset the glass inward, gave the outer one glass material and kept the texture for the inner one. Ik looks much more 3d this way, I think and I like this. Well thank you girafe for the tip :thumbsup:. Another update will follow soon with some improved textures.

FrankU

Hi Wouter,

I have no opinion on the windows texture, but the houses themselves are great.
And the Kubuswoningen are unique and surely a great addition to SC4.
I will gladly use them in my game.

kelis

I agree  :) can't wait to see some progress my friend.

Groeten
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

FrankU

Hi Wouter,

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that your dutch props set is becoming a standard dependency for my lots. Not very surprising, perhaps.  :)
Only thing is I think the transparency of the phonebooth could have been a bit better. Its a bit grey now. Otherwise perfect props.

Greets, Frank

w_swietwoot

Thanks Frank. Great to hear you really like them. I've noticed it's a real buzz and always a surpirse to spot my stuff in someone elses pictures or uploads. I guess other uploaders feel the same. Looking forward to those you speak off.

And well, I don't want to be an 'excuus truus'  ;) but it happend to be one of the first 3 models I've made in gmax and it was quite an adventure to get it to look like this, trying to find out how the software worked. Transparancy had to be more than 50% otherwise it didn't show glass at all, but it makes it look very dark. And maybe I did something wrong aswell. I also wanted to make a nightlight in it, but I couldn't get it to work back then. It's in the past now ;D.

No pictures today, but I just want to tell the updates on the kubuswoningen and rowhouses will follow soon...

FrankU

Quote from: w_swietwoot on January 13, 2014, 11:57:03 AM
Thanks Frank. Great to hear you really like them. I've noticed it's a real buzz and always a surpirse to spot my stuff in someone elses pictures or uploads. I guess other uploaders feel the same. Looking forward to those you speak off.

Hi Wouter,
Yes, I know the feeling. It always makes me feel useful to the community when I see images with my lots, used by others. Yours will be good for a lot of us. No worries.

Ernestmaxis

Will we ever see these beautiful row house on the Lex?
They are marvelous!

w_swietwoot

Hi,

thanks for showing your interest in these models. I'll try to forward some of my finished work to the BNL group. But I must conclude after the low activities from my side I should officially pause my activities here. I just do not get round to work on the projects here lately.

I had a great time here and maybe I'll see you guys soon.
Regards, W.

FrankU

Hi Ernestmaxis,

Well... just sometimes asking a question actually leads to something here!

w_swietwoot sent me his house models and I have the intention to add some lotting to them. Just don't hold your breath.... it may kill you before I finish. But there should be some future in them.

If someone who knows how to work with bridges is interested in finishing w_swietwoot's bridge models? I have no clue how to make functionals of them....

Ernestmaxis

Hey Frank U

That is really awesome, I really gonna follows your project now. Really can't wait for it!
This awesome news!

FrankU

Hi to all,

I started lotting the beautiful models of the 1930ies and 1960ies housing Wouter had made. The bridge models are in the hands of eggman121.
So have patience..... the projects will take some time, but there will be releases some day!

Frank