• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

w_swietwoot's Projects

Started by w_swietwoot, January 07, 2012, 02:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cogeo

Quote from: wasoethoudt on January 15, 2012, 09:34:39 AM
you mean change its exemplar file, and then change the recource key type to point to the new props sc4model file right? Thats the same as how I've done all the trucks.
Yes, just change the RKT1 property; you may change the exemplar name if you want too, but it's not necessary. The instance ID must not be changed.

Do I need the real 3dmax for high resolution rendering? I bearly understand gmax yet, I've made the models in SolidWorks because I do understand this program.
To render in HD you just need to download and install the HD scripts by SimFox, for either Gmax or 3DSmax. Then, exporting in HD or SD is an option, which you can set just before exporting.

And about the transparency, when I put it on less than 50% it doesn't show any glass at all when I export it, so 51% seems to be the minimal but it is a bit dark. Í will check if the small models glass actually is tranparent, like the big phone booth is. Having imported the model from SW, the render 2 faced function doesn't work properly, perhaps that could also be a reason why it's so dark.
Semitransparency in SC4 models works only if there's another object in the (same) scene, behind the semitransparent surface. If there are ground textures or other models, glass will look either fully transparent (<50%) or fully opaque (≥50%). To make a model really (semi)transparent, you have to mod it further. Take a look at my SemiTransparent Train Station Models on the STEX. The procedure is very tedious, by using the reader. Instead, you can dl and install my SC4 Model Tweaker utility. This version crashes under Win 7; however, you can download the new test-version. Run the installer (the old version - V2.20), and then overwrite the (old) executable with the new one, BEFORE running it for the first time. And ignore the warning message on launch.

(ps nice to meet you, I really like those logistics and of course the RTMT stuff you've made)
Thanks!

w_swietwoot

After two busy weeks in RL, I finally got time to do some stuff. Just to inform you, this is what I've done.

I've installed the updated MDT, doesn't crash anymore on my win7 (tnx Cogeo). I've made a scaled versions of PEG's PPond water, to make slimmer and smaller version of the ditches made by FrankU. See image, its a rough version but it works.

It's a bit of a side project I wanted to do, but I never knew how to do it. So I've finally discoverd how to give an excisting prop a new ID (or in other words to make a duplicate so I could edit it) and learned to scale a prop. Very well, you think, but why do I care? ;) Well now I can fix a problem I had with the trucks!

QuoteKnown issues and will have to be addressed first:
- does not work for some truck props for Jes'Props -> SCF is working to render the missing ones
- three props are visually incorrect in some views. Some of those 22.5 deg. ones are split in half as you can see.
- if you used the props by Simcityfreak666 in other lots, some of these props will be rotated. I Think I need all the props I rotated again. Just the same ones with other instance numbers and add these to the set ->SCF will not like this news...
- I don't know if all the timed props will work properly, I'll have to double check this fist. As you can see, the ones for PEG don't show. FrankU explaned somewhere how this worked. I did not know about what he stated and will have to check if things are correct.

It's the 3rd issue, so now I can fix this problem without the need of rendering new props or anything, and make the truck props more user friendly. No need to relot anything, and you can continue to use the old SCFreak666 truckprops anywhere you like in your lots. You can also continue to grow lots with any of the other Jestarr/PEG/other American tuck props, and by the time I'm ready, throw this mod in your plugins folder and viola, all the trucks will be euro style. But the weekend has already come to an end, so next week I will continue with it. Then there will only be a few small details left, and I would be done, so you will still have to have a little patience.

gn_leugim

Quote@gn_leugim
Aha, that makes it even easier. Then it should be rather fool proof I guess. Only I will have to make the updates when needed, and then people will have to update their dat file and it should be ok. I think I'm almost where you are in understanding this... ???
;D

Yap, thats pretty much the idea :) any doubts, just ask ^^

w_swietwoot

It took me about 6 hours and some coffee spread out over this weekend, but I'm happy to inform that the trucks are now compatible with the old SCF666 truckset. I've localized, extracted, deleted all the unnesecairy files and doubles, renamed the props, rerouted all the exemplars and done the bugfixes, then packed it again. 

so this is fixed:
Quote--- - if you used the props by Simcityfreak666 in other lots, some of these props will be rotated. I Think I need all the props I rotated again. Just the same ones with other instance numbers and add these to the set ->SCF will not like this news...---

so you don't have to worry about this if you lotted any of those euro-trucks somewhere.

FrankU

Very good Wouter!

Buzzit

totally love those little street props! those are the finishing touches wich make alot of pictures and the overal game so realistic! goodjob!

w_swietwoot

Hi, its been a while but I've made some progress. The truck props are very close to be released. Only two missing ones because of render errors/bugs. So stay tuned. I've also been editing the dutch props. Made a new zip with, as the main attraction, a lot of bus stop and glr modding to make them look dutch. I've used Wenter13's bus stop.

For the team members: two new files are in the dropbox, with the refurbished truck props and the new and easier to install prop replacements. If someone willing to look in to these files to see if they can find any mistakes, errors or bugs, be my guest. I'd like to get some feedback. I've already tried them in my savegames and they work fine, but perhaps with other plugins files on your pc's it won't... - don't forget to delete all the old files if any before installing the new ones of course. If your done with the test files you can delete them at any time, this won't cause any permanent changes to your save games. Then everything is back to normal again.

top: modded, bottom: original. spot the changes.

-- edit: i've removed the green pedestrian sign and the time table from the rtmt you see in the picture into something invisible. Didn't like them...

FrankU

Looks good now, Wouter!
The green pedestrian sign is something I have never seen around here (Europe), so it's good that you removed it. It's way too large too.
Nice result now.

MandelSoft

^^ Well, you could use one of Girafe's sign props for that. Girafe has a huge pack of French/European signage, and this includes the pedestrian crossing sign.

By the way, I might be re-vising my stoplights soon. The new setup will be using true 3D models, which automatically replace the existing models to some point...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mave94

Looks good, very useful. It's a small thing, but a great addition.  :)

w_swietwoot

Thanks Matthijs. More small things, because the devil's in the detail they say...:

Some you've seen, some new. There is more to come, so it will become a little proppack. I've tried bat4max 5 and 3ds max 2012 this weekend. It works great (took an afternoon troubleshooting before it worked properly, I must admit, but that was my own fault). A shame my 3ds trial will expire in about a month...

mave94

I've got a student license, so I can download programmes like 3dsMAX and AutoCAD for free. ()stsfd()

FrankU

Quote from: wasoethoudt on April 02, 2012, 01:48:12 PM
Thanks Matthijs. More small things, because the devil's in the detail they say...:

They told me that God is in the details. At least, that's a famous saying by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.

Anyway: your details look good, although I cannot tell what the all are. Most of them I recognize. I see a payed parking sign. But not a ticket machine for that. You will add that too?  &apls

w_swietwoot

This was just to show you all some progress. I was starting off easy as you can see.
On the to do list (copied from a txt doc on my desktop):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anwb rotonde borden/kruising borden
Anwb Fietsbord
Anwb paddestoel
uit bord
bebouwdekom bord
Parkeeautomaat
Prullenbak groen & geel
Kliko's Groen/Blauw/Bruin
glasbakken
Knot wilg?
Leilinde?

Verwijzing naar fietsen in Am. CS  op cd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pardon my Dutch. It will all get increasingly difficult. Lets see how far I get. Maybe someday it will turn into some sort of streetmod with t21's.

QuoteThey told me that God is in the details. At least, that's a famous saying by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
aha, well that misunderstanding might be because of my heathen upbringing...  &ops $%Grinno$%

FrankU

Quote from: wasoethoudt on April 03, 2012, 11:10:03 AM
QuoteThey told me that God is in the details. At least, that's a famous saying by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe.
aha, well that misunderstanding might be because of my heathen upbringing...  &ops $%Grinno$%
Ahm, actually both are valid options. It's clear that details are held very important anyway.

cogeo

Are these last ones (April 2) rendered in HD?

w_swietwoot

@cogeo:
the ones representing these in this picture are renderd with the HD option checked, and I maid these as try-outs in 3ds 2012:
http://www.google.nl/imgres?q=anwb+praatpaal&um=1&hl=nl&rls=com.microsoft:nl:IE-Address&biw=1600&bih=815&tbm=isch&tbnid=Tp_iZvjoIb90rM:&imgrefurl=http://theorie.tv/lessen/mod/resource/view.php%3Fid%3D131&docid=lP06BwSHeBfTaM&imgurl=http://theorie.tv/lessen/file.php/3/300_50-autosnelwegen/anwb-praatpaal-270.jpg&w=270&h=203&ei=PIZ8T_KrG42VOs6JwbYM&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=230&sig=113507638268273403600&page=1&tbnh=143&tbnw=193&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:72&tx=52&ty=90

If you recognise them I did a proper job.
The paid parking sign is in HD too i think, but maid with gmax. This is because I maid the model earlier last week , and I only had gmax installed back then. But I renderd it after I installed the bat4max in gmax, with the hd option checked.
The ones listed in my to do list are not yet maid offcourse.

w_swietwoot

More props:
these (except one...) are new + a list of the props maid up to now. The ones missing in the following picture can be found in the previous picture with props, it's the picture with the grey base texture.

This one fails to show properly after exporting, while the Lod looks good. It also renders propely, but scales the fsh file when inserting it to the file. Don't know why. Probably got something to do with importing it as an Iges from Solidworks. If anyone has a clue? That would be great, well, I will try some things myself to fix it too tomorrow.

w_swietwoot

Pictures of reworked stuff. I had to fix some details before I could continue adding extra props. I think I'm done with this now. Now I can continue adding the rest of the stuff from the todo list.

Fixed a couple of details. I've made all the signs match better in colour and pole dimensions. Fixed the bins. Higher resolution for the town-name signs. Completely redone the model for the 'highway emergency telephone' (anwb praatpaal  ::)), it looks way better I think.

An in game picture. I made a couple of simple grass lots with the signs on them so you can use those props in the game.