• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

~ K e l i s || Benelux Room ~

Started by kelis, August 12, 2011, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyscraper

woow kelis, really cool your project, i love it   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
sky's Sim City Venus - Project (Start: 2013)

Only on Sim City (2013)

Current Progress: Planning

art128

I do agree with the previous comments about the glass, and the low high of the floor. Compared to the hall they seems to be quite small, or it is the hall that is 6meters high. Also about the glass I think it would be best to make as Girafe said. But on an other hand I like the roof junk.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Orange_o_

Quote from: kelis on November 07, 2011, 11:24:16 AM

Orange_o_ - Thanks for your comment Orange. Yeah, in the next bat I will try to make glass for the windows. Thanks for the advice and for the comment.

Well, I look forward to your next Bat :D, do not hesitate to ask me for advice, or our friend the giraffe

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

kelis

Hi friends, yes since a long time ago, I come back here  $%Grinno$% !!

Well, the first, I want to say thanks for all those advices and coments, I have to say that I did some changes in the model; some new textures, re-scale the model, test some windows texture, etc...Ok, the windows texture is the same, I promise you, I was trying to make a better windows but I can't  :( !! I want to end this bat because I have some another models on my mind so Yes I know, it is no perfect but it's just the first model for the Benelux Team and I have illusion to finish it  :)

This is the final result, as you can see I changed  the brick texture, I put some dark parts in the texture and remove a bit of saturation, another change was the scale, now I think it's the correct, it is more tall, finally I created the Night model [ It's a Dark night non Maxis Night, but if someone need the maxis night I can make that version ], well, I hope you like it my friends.

# Sorry for the windows, I promise you, in the next bat I will try to better that  :thumbsup:

|| HELP || I want to upload my models here in SC4D because this is the home of the team, but i don't know how work the Pim [ I'm not sure if this is the correct name of the tool ] so if someone can help me I would be very grateful  :)

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

w_swietwoot

I like the building. It's interesting from all angles. The roof also looks good. It looks very clean, but it a very modern and new building, so I guess that's ok.

Open the sc4 plugin manager. The model should appear at the top of the file tree, under 'models'. If it isn't there, check if it is in the correct plugins folder. Drag the new model to the co or cs section, somewhere with the yellow dots in front of it. It will now generate the exemplar file. Having done this, sc4 will know it's a building. I can't really help you with all the settings for the commercial building. After this, you can lot it into some lot. I've seen you are good with the LE, so you will know what to do. I hope this helps, but if you meant something else, let me know.

kelis

Hi my friends !!

Today I have something new but it is not from Holland, some people know that I love Holland but I have got another love and it's Japan, since today I'm working on a new bat, it is the Tsutenkaku tower located in Osaka [ My favorite city in Japan ] This tower has a long story, if you want to read more about it check out the next link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ts%C5%ABtenkaku

The model is almost done but I have a small problem, I have to do some billboards with a Japanese characters and my 3ds max 8 does not recognize these characters, Is there a way ? the model also need texturing and do the model night.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

PD: Hi teammates, when I finish this model I want to do something from Holland, some advices ?

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

art128

Eh, those kanjis will be hard to do, that's for sure.. Uhm I have an idea. Use the text tool, choose a font that can use the Japanese characters (copy-paste), and then extrude it. it's the best way I know. it worked in 3dsmax 2009 with Cyrillic.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

I've tried to do that and this is the result:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/8823/sinttulo1kar.jpg

As you can see my 3ds max does not recognize the characters  :thumbsdown: Well I think I have to do one by one  :'(

The model is done, just need the Japanese characters !
.                                                                                                                      

peter007

You can also put the Japanese words on a plane like a picture. Then you make a spline and draw them over. Extrude it and you're done.

-Ernst

kelis

Hi Peter, How can I do that ? is there any tutorial ? I think it would be a good way to do the Japanese caracters, Thanks my friend   :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

art128

Quote from: kelis on June 29, 2012, 04:48:46 AM
Hi Peter, How can I do that ? is there any tutorial ? I think it would be a good way to do the Japanese caracters, Thanks my friend   :thumbsup:

Well, you make a texture with the words, just like if it was a pub you wanted to use, then you use the line tool, and extrude. ( i'm sure there is another way than the line tool, one more professional..) I think it's what Peter means.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Thanks for the advices my friends !! I think that it could be good. What do you think ? 

.                                                                                                                      

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

peter007

I think it's spectecular.
Maybe if it isn't to much work you can make profiles for the metal.

If you need smoother edges on your letters you can also change the vertexes to smooth or bezier.
You can do that with right click in the line tool

@art128. Well I meant the line tool. You were just right ;)

-Ernst

kelis

Arthur Definitely I will use the green color and the white letters !! Maybe I can do some differents models but the first it will be the green version !!

Peter Thank once again for the advices ! I think in this moment the letters looks good but you may be sure, I will use your advices in the future, Thank my friend  :)

More progress  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

supremec

Nice start  :thumbsup: I can't wait to see that with textures  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

peter007

You're really progressing fast.
Regarding the letters.
You can also draw a spline (with the line tool) and then make it renderable.(In the rendering tab)
You can give it a thickness and make it radial or rectangular.

-Ernst

kelis

# Tsutenkaku tower, yeah good views  $%Grinno$%

- Supremec: Thanks for your comment my friend !!

- Ernst: My friend I love this tool thank you so much, it is very useful  :thumbsup:

- Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

carlfatal

Oh, first time i´m looking in here, and: wow, this looks really spectacular!  &apls
Wonderful tower, much nicer then the Eiffel-tower! And the RL picture is an eye catcher too!
Greetz, Carl