• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

~ K e l i s || Benelux Room ~

Started by kelis, August 12, 2011, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

Hi FrankU

I don't need to check anything, Your lots are very realistic  :thumbsup:

$%Grinno$% How many years need amsterdam to finish the works around the Central Station ?
The last time that I was in Amsterdam the Works still like the last time, Maybe this week I can
see some advances...but Yes, Maybe I can help the Amsterdam council with mi SC4 ideas  $%Grinno$%

Well I will be at Assen, Groningen and Rotterdam, I'm not sure about Amsterdam...but I want to do
some building of Rotterdam and Groningen and I want to do an Old building from Holland, I love that
old buildings in the center of the Holland cities...for example:

Jozefkerk, located in Assen http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/3144398.jpg

Stadhuis Van  Leeuwarden http://www.flickr.com/photos/mokingbird/6106695155/in/photostream

The last picture is mine, As you can see I love these buildings  ;D

Greetings
my friend  ;)

PD: In What part of Holland do you live ?
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

FrankU

Ah, yes, I see. You like classicism.
That's why you like Berlin? One of the finest classicist architects was indeed Karl Friedrich Schinkel.

The space around the Amsterdam Central Station is a big mess at the time. And I admit that I don't know how long it's going to take befor the dust has settled and what the looks will be. I just wait....

Have fun and good BATting!

Paul 999

Work on the Amsterdam Central Station will be within 1 to 2 years complete. We're talking about the biggest mess, this is then done:
- The structural work on the subway;
- New bus station on the back of the station is in full use;
- New road tunnel under the bus station is open to traffic;
- Square for the station can be refurbished.

It's a mess at Amsterdam Central Station but it is a mega project for the city. The subway will be opened at 2017.

WC_EEND

I was there about 1,5 years ago and it wasn't that bad actually.
That said, over here (Gent) it's currently not much better: the whole station and the area around it are seeing some major redevelopement. It's basically one big construction site over here. Projected date for it to be all done is 2018-ish. For those who are interested, more info can be found here (only in Dutch though).

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Getron

The same here in Rotterdam.

The old station is been demolished and a new station building is been build. Should be ready in 2012/2013. Also the Subway station is been rebuild and linked with the line to Den Haag.

Getron.

Buzzit

aah you mean the light rail connection :)!
i travel every week from home to my campus @ school.
the trainstation is a mess! lots of construction material etc!
not long ago a really big crane was in operation to move the new ceiling!
pretty impressive!

kelis

Hi TeamMates, I'm Back here again, I'm sad to leave Holland  :( !

Well after a few wonderful days in my dear Holland I'm here in Spain again, I have many new images and finally, I visited Rotterdam with a good climate, well just a bit ;D I have to say I am very sad to return to Spain. It's possible that I take a few days to do something new Because the studies are a bit Hard in the beginning and I want to do the better of I can. Thanks for your comments my friends,  Now we go to the replies  :thumbsup:

|| R E P L I E S ||

FrankU -Well, that it is just one of the reasons  :) and yes I know the great Friedrich Schinkel !
One week ago I was in Amsterdam and everything still like the other year but anyway the central is a
very stunning bulding.

Paul 999 - WOW, Great information Paul, really thanks ! But..2017 ? That's incredible, I can't wait to see the station and around completed.

WC_EEND - Hi Xander. Thank for your comment. I don't Know Gent but the other day I was in Brussels and  I saw it all a bit sloppy and dirty, the crisis is affecting a lot to Belgium? Greetings my friend !

Getron - Yes I know that ! The last wednesday I was there and that was insane, many people and little space to enter but Doesn't matter, the high Rises of the surroundings are amazing and I was all time looking up  $%Grinno$% Finally I've got some good photos of Rotterdam but once again the rain was stronger than me  ;D Greetings !

Buzzit - Hi Buzzit. Where is your campus ? Thanks for your comment my friend  :thumbsup:

(Click on the image)

~ Amsterdam - Yesterday & Today ~ Amsterdam - Yesterday & Today ~ Amsterdam - Yesterday & Today ~.

# If you want check this out, This is a little project that I did on my trips to Amsterdam, I hope you like it !

# Jonathan   :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kelis

Hi teammates  :)

Well, After a few weeks, Today I've installed again the 3dsmax [ I had some problems with the computer ].
Today I've worked once again on the ABN AMRO Bank located in Assen, as you can see I worked on the
roof and I added some details and textures. The model it is almost done, Just need a bit work on the roof...

When I finish the day model I will work on the Night model and very soon the model will be finished and
ready for the Simcity.

# I want to publish my Benelux's models here in SC4D but I need someone that can do the lotting and modding

We have someone on the team that can do it?

;)

.                                                                                                                      

Orange_o_

You did a beautiful BAT, I lacated just a shame you just use a bitmap for windows. Why do not you try to make glass?

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

alex_bervoets

Sciurus

Quote from: Orange_o_ on November 04, 2011, 04:19:39 PM

You did a beautiful BAT, I lacated just a shame you just use a bitmap for windows. Why do not you try to make glass?

I agree with Orange about that. But appart from this little detail, it's a very nice building, usefull for modern european CBDs. &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kelis

Hi friends   ;)

Here you've got the model view in HD, now I will work on the night model  :thumbsup:

|| R E P L I E S ||

Orange_o_ - Thanks for your comment Orange. Yeah, in the next bat I will try to make glass for the windows. Thanks for the advice and for the comment.

alex_bervoets - Really thanks for your comment teammate.

Sciurus - I will use this bat to make a little town inspired in a Dutch city called Assen, this building in the real life is located in that city. Thanks for your kind comment  :)

Buzzit - Really thanks my friend  :thumbsup:

Greetings my friend and I hope you like it.

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

Getron

I loved it. Just with a need, the ABN AMRO bank  :D. But serious, again a great model  :thumbsup:. And a great Journal picture. Even with little (looks like) Amsterdammertjes  :D.

Great work Kelis  &apls.

Getron.

mave94

It's very nice! That will be a great addition. :thumbsup:
Maybe a little dirt on the walls? They are a bit empty in my opinion, if you know what I mean.

Buzzit

Kelis: 'Buzzit - Hi Buzzit. Where is your campus ? Thanks for your comment my friend'

My campus is at Harderwijk :)
im following my coarse at the soma college or better said the 'infrapark'
they train people to become mechanics and operators for the infrastructure(so you will operate all kinds of big machines like diggers bulldozers shovels all that kind of stuff)
lol maybe awesome to recreate sometimes :D

FrankU

Hi Kelis,

You did a good job. Now that I see the project between the Amsterdam buildings I see:
1. The bank seems to be a bit too small or at least too low.
2. The textures are a bit too clean, and the glass is not so realistic.

I think the ground floor is OK, but the upper floors are not high enough, at least when these are to be three floors...

supremec

I agree with FrankU for textures too clean and the glass not really realistic  &mmm. But it's a good BAT, I love the roof and the details on it  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Girafe

you textures are too clean and too saturated.

For the glass, check the possibilities of environmental maps and high reflexive glass. ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

alex_bervoets

I agree with the others above...

the red walls look fake compared with the other buildings and it's too repetitive. Use photoshop (or other) to make some changes. See my forum (Matt has some great advice on making a texture more realistic, should be easy to use on this bat with it's straight walls)

Place your windows more inside the walls (look at real office buildings), now they seem to be glued on.

Maybe this can help? This building (Inbev headquarters in Leuven) has about the same wall-texture... see how the windows are placed inside the walls:

Or this one:

If you need some help... just let me know ;)