• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

~ K e l i s || Benelux Room ~

Started by kelis, August 12, 2011, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

~ WELCOME to K e l i s || Benelux Room ~ WELCOME to K e l i s || Benelux Room ~ WELCOME to K e l i s || Benelux Room ~ WELCOME to K e l i s || Benelux Room ~

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Hello to all

~ This is my thread for the Benelux team, I hope to offer many great things about the countries of Benelux. I will work mainly in the Netherlands, my own country but it is also possible to work
on Belgium...I hope your help and advice and also hope to improve my techniques with your help...
I will work in bats but also I will create some maps...that's it for today, I hope you like it my friends ~

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

List of my works

• BNL - Wilhelminatoren: ( http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3050 )

• BNL - ABN AMRO Bank: ( http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3099 )

# Jonathan / BNL TEAM
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

What a great start.  &apls  A great realistic picture with the whole Benelux Romantic.  :)

kelis

Hi mates:

• This is the progress on the ABM Bank...As you can see the textures of the windows are not good,
I'm searching a better textures...Can you recommend me some texture for the windows ? I am also
working on a little details of the buildings...Well I hope your advices, I'm new with the 3ds max and
I need improve.

# Dantes: Really Thank my friend  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Looks nice, I really like the modeling! Though, the glass windows on the curved wall is a bit strange, Blurred. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Congrats for your integration on this promising team  &apls

This last project begins good, be careful to your tiled textures  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

wallasey

That is coming along really well.

I could see that in some regenerated housing estate somewhere...(I spend too much time in these places!)

kelis

# A Little bit more, Today I was working on the textures and some more

Aaron Graham - Thanks mate  :)

Sciurus - Thanks you my friend !

art128 - That isn't a the glass window, It's a poster with real people images  ;D Thanks amigo.

Girafe - I will have careful  ;) Thanks my friend.

wallasey - Thank you mate !

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

art128

Quote from: kelis on August 13, 2011, 09:29:36 AM
art128 - That isn't a the glass window, It's a poster with real people images  ;D Thanks amigo.

How then, my bad. it looked like a glass from this angle! :D Anyway the other faces are looking excellent, Jonathan! But, yet again about the glasses  $%Grinno$% they're a bit repetitive!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Nice BAT, I can see that modelling is great. But because there's a but (alsmot no BAT is perfect :P ):

As Arthur said, I find your glasses a bit too repetitive. Maybe should you follow this tutorial, made by Jon. It's great and explains really good how to make nice doors and windows. After that, you can of course change the textures of the windows, and using Maxis' ones. You can find it in Computer\ProgramFiles\Gmax\Gamepacks\BAT\Textures\Glass or in Computer\ProgramFiles\Gmax\Gamepacks\BAT\Maps\Night Windows you'l also find glasses textures. It's very usefull and add realism.

Then, I find the roof also a bit repetitive. For that, you should do a texture which goes perfectly with the box (or the polygon you did). For that, you take a screen of the polygon you want to texture, then you open the screen in Photoshop for example and you modify the texture to make it fit perfectly. Gascooker made a nice tutorial about texturing and adding realism on textures. I always follow it to make my own ones.

Hope it helps,

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

alex_bervoets

I agree with the roof-texture-comment...
It's 6 times the same darker spot, the lower building is even worse: I've counted 15 stripes. Use Photoshop (or some other program) to create an image that fits into the entire roof. A roof is also never empty: you should add some vents, airco, chimney's etc... We never see the roof from our perspective but it's the largest part of a building that can be seen in SC4. It adds some realism too.

But besides that: fantastic work, it's a typical, modern BNL-building. We need more of these BAT's!
Keep up the good work!

Getron

Hi Kelis,

I love your ABN(-AMRO) Building, but have to agree with Alex_bervoets. The roof is empty and missing something.

Also love your "Dutch" Canal. Any idea if you will release it?

Getron

Tomas Neto

Wow Kelis, amazing BAT!!! I agree with Arthur about the glasses...   :thumbsup:

bat

kelis

# I was working on a windows textures and in the entry, As you can see I did a revolving door...
and also added the name and logo of ABN Amro Bank, The next job will be the roof, I will follow
your advices and I will try to do a great job with my first bat for the Benelux team.

|#| R E P L I E S |#|

supremec -
Thank you  :)

art128 - I'm having a problem with the windows...But It's now better ? Gracias amigo.

Sciurus - Really thank for those tutorials, very helpful ! I will try to do a better texture for
the roof following that tutorial, thank friend  :)

Buzzit - Thank mate. I love your last power lines  :thumbsup:

alex_bervoets - Really thank for your constructive comment, Now I'm working on the roof,
and of course I will put some vents, airco, etc...Thank once again and keep up your good work
with the Belgium buildings  :thumbsup:

Getron - The channel does not think it can be released because it has many dependencies
but you can download the normal canal in this amazing site: http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html Thank for your comment and Greetings my friend.

Tomas Neto - Thank my friend !

bat - Thank, glad you like it  :)

Well I'm still working on the bat, step by step But Without pause  :)

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

kelis

Hi mates:

Tomorrow I will go to Holland  :) I'll be in Assen for a few days and I will take some photos of the building,
I also take another some photos of some interestings buildings in Holland for a future bats.

Now I want to show you two pictures of my new Dutch MD, Also you can see my work on Lot Editor:

I am happy to return to Holland friends  :) Greetings from Spain  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

FrankU

Hi Kelis,

Welcome in the Netherlands. Are you going to check if my lots are realistic?

Maybe you could send your relotting of Amsterdam Central Station to the Dutch Railways and the Amsterdam City Council? I think they could use ideas for real-life relotting of the space around the building.

I am curious what buildings you are going to take pictures from and what you are going to BAT.
But I'll be patient!