• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

007's B.A.T.ing Room

Started by peter007, October 04, 2010, 03:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSGdesign

Can't wait to see the town hall and docks in game!  :D

peter007

@MrMave; Thanks

@GSC; Thanks too

Just to let you know that I'm alive.

Ok I've got a problem. My town hall file is corrupt. This means that I'm not able to open the file.  &cry2 . Is there a way to recover? My last save was from the moddeling stage so not very far in progress.

WC_EEND

what error does GMAX give you? Try googling that and see if it provides you with a solution (or post it here so we can try and figure out what it is)

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

peter007

@ wc_eend, Thanks for your support, but the file wasn't able to recover any more.

And we have to move on so..
I made a little step forward, I read some tutorials by simfox. Moved to 3ds. And discovered the standard definition & high definition. And the difference between them is huge. One example is my newest building. I drew it from a floor plan (thx to simfox for providing me the tutorial). And this showed up

And you can immediately see what I'm going to build, altough it's not very far in process.

-Ernst

Buzzit

Quote from: peter007 on February 23, 2011, 10:22:58 AM
@MrMave; Thanks

@GSC; Thanks too

Just to let you know that I'm alive.

Ok I've got a problem. My town hall file is corrupt. This means that I'm not able to open the file.  &cry2 . Is there a way to recover? My last save was from the moddeling stage so not very far in progress.
gee man
i had this a couple of times aswell..
really frustrating!
now i make atleast 3 back up per file (as the dutch would say its a bit to much of the good or misschien een beetje teveel van het goeie)

your new building looks really good
the fench is looking really detailed

looking forward to updates :)

and how is 3ds? is it better??

mave94

Quote from: peter007 on February 23, 2011, 10:22:58 AM
I save my files eveytime with major changes, like v1, v2 v3, etc. Don't forget always to make bake-ups!

I wonder what that building will be ;)
Good luck!

-Matthijs

peter007

@ Buzzit, Thanks for your reply, 3Ds Max is gorgeous . And about backupping: Now I always triple save my files. To avoid bad things happened in the past.

@Matthijs Thanks, the building shown in the update is a hotel. I think it's gonna be Cs$ because there's a unstoppable  demand for it. ;)

Update!!

I'm not sure if I can render it in HD, because my laptop isn't really a great light  %confuso .
I also made a pic from the staircase at the rear of the the building

Is the roof texture a Yay or a Nay? I'm unsure about it...

QuoteNo it wasn't the right texture, so I changed it.

Better?

harishna

Hi good work you doing there! Your previews look rather dark so it is difficult to properly judge the textures and the model, are you using BAT4max? and if so are you doing a day preview?
Regarding HD for a building this big it really doesn't matter as HD is good for Zoom6, in game you won't be using zoom 6 to often,  Z5 or Z4 are the ones more used and it doesn't make a difference...

keep it up  :thumbsup:

bjc_sp

FrankU

The hotel looks good so far. I wouldn't render it in HD. It makes the file very large and indeed: I will not zoom in into 6 to look at it.
The roof texture is not ok. It looks like oversized gravel to me. Roofs usually have small stones (gravel?), in white/grey or there is just the roofing material: dark grey flat stuff. Put some machinery on it and a chair that someone has left there for no apparent reason and the roof is ok. Oh yes: old TV-antennas, chimneys etc.

peter007

@FrankU ; Thanks, I considered your reply as very important one and I just adapted my roof to it. I hope you will give me the room plans very fast 

@bjc_sp ; Thanks, Welcome to the forums.

@Harishna ; Thanks, I now made some day previews of my buidling. Youc an watch them and judge them ;) .

Thanks for all comments. I made some pretty good progress here.

First off I made my hotel a bit smaller, because There was pretty much useless roof on it & I let some concrete foundation up And I planted some ¿ivy? on it

And I did something on the roof

Better?

(Hmm Pic Quality isn't that good  &mmm )

harishna

I think if you use the preview option that comes with BAT4MAX you can get better idea and how it would really look in game similar to GMAX, it is till hard to judge the model as a whole as we can only see some details. I think the brick textures in all wall may be too much for a hotel, doesn't look very welcoming, I thought it was going to be like a low wealth residential building or something...but again the previews may be deceptive :) Maybe a touch of painted surfaces now and then may make it look more like a hotel.  One more thing I am not sure but shouldn't the service/fire stairs be on the other side of the building, I mean to give access to the street in case of a fire?

hope you find these comments helpful

peter007

I did some things on the roof.
I made a ¿protection building? for the boilers. And I made some cables for the antennas.
And I think the whole thing is looking better now. (but that's my opinion  $%Grinno$% )

On the other side of the building on the roof is the door. So you don't have to ask if a made a mistake  :P

And I just found out that this building has a problem with 3DS. So I have to texture and render the thing in the BAT. All the other new buildings are working fine on 3ds. But this one not. So it's taking only  a little bit more time. Eventually  I will export it to a 3DS model and then get it in BAT, texture and render the thing and then you've got the same result (I think)

:EDIT:

Whoops totally forgotten the replies.

@ harishna. Thanks, As you may have read here. I'm not going to post any textured pics of this building any more before it will come into BAT. I think it's a kind of waste of time if I do that. And the question if it's gonna be a hotel is difficult. I don't know but what I do know is that I don't want to make any residentials for now. But more some very low wealth commercials. And I think that's going to work.
(You also got no stars hotels, so why not)

AND
The people can go safely to the street in case of an fire

FrankU

Hi Peter/Ernst,

Don't you dare to put that ugly stairway in the frontside of your whatever-it-will-be building! At least if you try to resemble a building in The Netherlands! Noone in our country would accept such a staircase in that location. Usually buldings of a certain wealth, in our country everything above sheds and barns, will have the emergency stairs on the inside of the building or at least in the backyard.

peter007

@Frank.
Thanks for your comment. I will remove the staircase when I have the time for it. Then I will make a little building on top of the building which will provide an entrace in case of a fire.

But now I have something else to work on. I will do my Profilework (Dutch ; Profielwerkstuk) about the different styles in a city. Like '60 & '30. In every style fits a model which I'm going to create. The first model will be a row house / terraced house.
Current progress;

You should also know that this building is 8/1,3=6,15 real meters wide. Which is, well I don't know if this is normal for a '30  house? Can someone give me advise?

peter007

Update.

This is how the houses will look in zoom 5. They're 6,15 meters wide & 11 meters long

-Ernst

Sciurus

I like the BAT, but I think you should redo some textures (like the roof or the door) ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

peter007

@Guillaume; Thank you very much for a reply. I have redone all the roof textures & the door textures I hope that they will fit better now.

I've got some progress.

As you can see, I have added an antenna, a chimney & a dormer.
What do you think?

Sciurus

It's better like this. But:
- I would add a ridge tile on the roof, to make it more realistic.
- I would do the antenna a bit larger, to see it, because we don't see it very good. And don't do it black, but more grey, like metal.
- Finally, I advise you to add some floor textures for the night render, because there, the house seems to be empty, and it's better if you see some stuff indoor ;)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy