• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

007's B.A.T.ing Room

Started by peter007, October 04, 2010, 03:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Congrats! Your model is making some good progress ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Delecto

Your new roof look much better!  ::)

About the LightRig, I had this problem many times, especially by opening a MaxScene created with an older version of Bat4Max.
You can try to...
-Delete the "Camera/LightRig" with the button "Delete Light and Camera Rig" in the Bat4Max Menu and then create a new.
or you can try to...
-Create a brand new Max scene and merge your old scene (import-/-merge). Warning: merge only the geometric objects and not the Camera and Lights.

Hope this will help you.

FrankU

Quote from: peter007 on October 17, 2011, 11:16:16 AM

Oh yes and eeh. I found out that it's just one year ago that I started Batting.
So welcome to my first birthday party!!

Who wants a piece?

-Ernst

The roof junk looks convincing, and I guess that is enough realism for us these days.

And yes congratulations. Some flowers for you: ()flower()
Maybe you PM me a piece of the cake!

Groeten, Frank

peter007

Replies;
FrankU; Thanks for your endorsement. I'm glad you like it.
Delecto; I tried the first ine but that didn't worked. If I have more time I will try the second solution.
Maarten; Thanks friend

Well lately I have more on my head then just go BATting. Exams are moving on and there are lots of other things. Not to mention the bug which is untill today unsolvable. But I still make progress. The textures are made to real life but the didn't came out well  ()sad() I will darken some textures up and change some textures too.

I hope you like it so far.

-Ernst

Sciurus

Nice work my friend! :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

supremec

Wow! It looking amazing  &apls  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Dantes

Very good work Peter  :o I'm finally seeing new social hot spots in SimCity.  :D

Orange_o_

A very good selection of textures (specially the roof), you should however brought some variations on the balconies.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

peter007

Well the gallery-flat is messed up. I lost motivation with it because it was getting much too complicated. So I started something new. This is the first benelux building I create. Today I'm only showing the rear because the front isn't ready yet.

Now the public must choose if the concrete is better or the (unmodified) bricks. Maybe are both on the building good, but I don't realy know.

-Ernst

And a happy new year folks !!

peter007

:o Forgot replies

@Orange_o_, Thanks for the positive compliment on the textures. I realy like them too!
@Dantes, Thanks
@Sciurus, I hope you like this too
@Supremec, Thanks!!

FrankU

Quote from: peter007 on December 29, 2011, 12:16:48 PM
Well the gallery-flat is messed up. I lost motivation with it because it was getting much too complicated.

Now the public must choose if the concrete is better or the (unmodified) bricks. Maybe are both on the building good, but I don't realy know.

Sorry to hear about the flat. I looked forward to it!

And the new building: the choice depends on what it is..... What is it?

And a happy new year to you too Ernst!

peter007

Hey all.
FrankU wanted to know what kind of building it is. Well ... Uuh ... I don't know, but what I do know is how you have to make the nightlights which came out pretty well. Thanks Jbsimio for explaining his way of nightlighting in his wonderful tutorial  "$Deal"$
Further on: if someone has a name you may say it because I don't know what kind of building it is.

-Ernst

alex_bervoets

I love the design of this building...

I would say it's an old industrial building: some offices in the front and a warehouse/workplace in the back. You can still find buildings like this along canals...
I don't know why, but I like the concrete version more... fits better with the design. Or maybe some other bricks (old, degraded ones)?

I also have a few remarks on the bat itself:

- Nightlights are strange because you have three colors (one per floor). The top floor is a warm yellow, the first floor is very white (like TL-lights) and the ground floor is dark.
- It seems there's no floor in between the stages. You need at least 0,5 meters of floor (girders, plumbing, electrics etc...)
- The lighted offices at each floor seem to be copies of each other. Make some changes in the lay-out (turn the UVW-map around)

- Maybe add some chimney's? (if it's an industrial building)
- add a truck-loading station? (see above)... the L-shaped building at the back would be perfect for that.

Greets
Alex

FrankU

Ha, the front is nice!
The back is really a very unDutch looking thing to me, so closed!

It could be a library, an exposition building, a high brow shop, an office.

alex_bervoets

I've done some Google-Street-viewing and found these:

peter007

*blows dust off*

World Trade Center Rotterdam or at least an attempt to ;)

A residential tower in Rotterdam. Currently in it's last moddeling phase. (Roof Junk, Balconies & Texturing)

Pictures are always appreciated so If you have some, would you be so kind to post them?

-Ernst

Sciurus

That's really nice! &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Getron

Hoi Ernst,

Nice first attempt at World Trade Center Rotterdam, but I think the proportions are not completely accurate. If I look at google maps seems to me that the tower is higher or the low building is smaller in size.

The Residential tower looks great.

Getron

WC_EEND

The World Trade Center building seems familiar ;D If I recall correctly, I have a picture of it in the dropbox (taken while we were in the "Koopgoot").

Excellent work on the residential tower by the way.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

mave94

That residential tower looks great. Is it a particular building in Rotterdam you are making? If you want a satellite view, you can use Bing maps to see how the roof looks.
Good luck! ;)

-Matthijs