• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

And now for something completely different : Altensimmen in Sims 3 - Update 17

Started by carlfatal, June 04, 2014, 03:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

Hello again!

This is my last time in OSITM, and first I want to thank you all for visiting my town, and a huge thank to put my MD into this spot goes to the SC4D staff. And least but not last I want to thank catty, vortext, and romualdillo for their nice comments during this time!  &apls

I hope, you all had fun during looking into this (still unfinshed) idealized model of a south Hessian small town.  :)

Today (and through the next updates also) I will show you only real ingame pictures. I exported a new version after working on 8 more lots. Like always I found the missing things and unfinished spots short after making the pictures. But slowly I learn to live with desasters...  $%Grinno$%

I hate to play with EA-premade Sims, they are ugly, and some parts of the Sims community speak about pudding, if it comes to EA faces. The woman you can see here is one of the sims I made for different game settings, her name is yaf 9 ((young adult female). If I make a sim, I always need hours for it, and some time ago I started to save them in a folder, where I easily can pick them out to put them ingame, wether to play them or as a source for the game to create NPC´s from.

The first pictures show a well known house, that I always use for tests. So I thought, it should be nice furnished for a young lady like yaf 9 is.  $%Grinno$% Then i will follow down the left side of the Brückenstrasse (bridge street) that leeds from the market place to the Frankfurter Strasse.

This is the finished left side of the Brückenstrasse:

This house has to deal with a problem. EA made these mansards for the store, but they did not work, the windows were fake, and the rooms behind not usable. A modder changed that, but he sadly wasn´t able to rework the functionality of the dormer windows, they stay blind as the were. Luckily it is possible to use converted Sims 2 dormer windows for this reason, but here I wanted the originals. As this house should serve as a so called "rabbithole" in the town, as medic center, it is not important, if it is usable everywhere inside.
Nonetheless I love to build the complete inside, if needed or not, and so you can have a nice view through the skylight into the staircase from above:

The next house in the row:

This one will be visited in another update again:

Sometimes other NPC´s show up, this is the newspaper boy:

Both last pictures were made in the Frankfurter Strasse, the main street, that leeds from north to south. But this will be part of another update.

I hope, you like the today´s update, seeya!  :)

catty

It nice to see the sims, and as always those trees and flowers are excellent, love the house with the boarded up windows even the shrubs in the garden have got an abandoned look about them   &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

art128

What a fantastic update to finish what was an awesome OSITM.

This update was really nice. It's great to see what the town looks like from ingame screenshots. You actually make me want to play the game, even though I get bored of it after a little while. :D

Thank you for these awesome pictures, looking forward to the next updates. :)

EDIT - Welcome to your new home, the Best Sellers!  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

carlfatal

Heya!
Wow, I am in the bestsellers section!

@catty,
thank you! The flowers, yeah, I love to flowerize everything here...much too much, I think...  And the abandoned house will be part of another update.  ;)

@art128,
thank you, Arthur! Indeed my first love to Sims game started with building in Sims 2. The games aren´t boring, as long as you look to them as a sandbox, where you have the joy to play your own challenges. No other game offers such a bunch of mods to change all parts of the gameplay to your likes. Now Sims 2 and 3 have their own partitions in my gaming computer.  :D

I had some problems with my internet connection, but now it seems working fine again. So I´ve uploaded the next bunch of pictures, following the inner side of the "Frankfurter Strasse".

9 a better look:

Like always, I hope you like it. Seeya!  :)

catty

The best sellers list ... well done    &apls   it explains why I couldn't find you the other day, like the update and seeing the different cross layers of the houses makes you appreciate that its not just the outside you have to do but all the insides as well, especially like the look of the yellow tudor style house with the red roof.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

benedict

Nice new update.

And congratulations, your MD was number one on BTT for the week ending 8 January!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

carlfatal

Heya!
Thankyou both catty and benedict for your comments!  :)

I had some time to revise and upload, and so I can show the next pictures of the quarter I was working on. At the moment I only have a netbook here, and if I play, well then... I play SC4.  $%Grinno$%

Here I first had a roof color and some sandstone idea for the windows. Then I searched for a matching wall pattern, and then just new downloaded stuff did the job like it would have been made for this situation.

And here some kind of overview:

And the backyards:

This house is a typical example of the early 20th century, built between 1910 and 1920 it is less decorated but it still shows a regional design like the roof with mansards.

The green house, one of my favorites, can´t say why...

The next hose in the row is the abandoned villa. Once here may have lived a wealthy family, but now the house is in bad condition and the town mayor (me) has to decide, if the building will be destructed, or at least renovated. But who wants to live in a small town in the middle of nowhere?

The inside:

Seeya!  :)

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

romualdillo

Great job mixing CAW elements with the lots!!!  &apls  I think it adds a lot of realism.

Themistokles

Non-square lots and a peaceful walkway, what more could one wish for?  &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

carlfatal

Heya!

Yes, it´s me again, since some long time, and there is a reason. I lost my gaming computer, it died in May 2015. I am simply not able to repair it, it´s too expensive. So I have to state, that this will be the end of this MD also. Although I sadly never will finish this town, there is a bunch of pictures I´ve made before everthing ended.
If I am able to look at the harddrive in the wrecked machine, I will upload an exported version, that represents the last stadium of development that I will show you.
My long absence - well I was totally frustrated and I had to learn to live with this loss. And it is one, as Sims 3 was not only a building program for me but my most loved role play game. This may sound strange, but a good RPG can be played without weapons and fights.

But first replies:

@Schulmanator,
thanks a lot!  :)

@romualdillo,
thanks and yeah, lotting like in SC4 - always little tricks...  $%Grinno$%

@Themistolkes,
thank you also! Indeed, these little tricks are, what I love(d) while building.  :)

But now to the pictures! Some are done with this last exported version, so you can see one of my own Sims exploring the neighborhood.

I will start, where the last update ended: The next house in the row is just the corner Frankfurter Strasse to Schulstrasse:

More distance:

From this house the Schulstrasse leads to the cloister, while the Frankfurter Strasse is continuing to the quarter near the railway station.
Both sides of the corner:

Different views:

Detail:

The first house on the river side of the Schulstrasse is a small one, kinda R$...  :D:

Detail:

Then there is a modern one, it´s made to work as a fitness studio:

It´s next neighbor is again built in the early 19th century. Modernized but not destroyed:

Views from the backyard:

The next ones seen from the street:

and from the back:

This one is also renovated and can serve as an R$$$. I showed th building before but here everything is finished to led a new owner in. I like the Parisian style roof, it is totally different from all other buildings, and together with the bright facade it gives some "rich" touch to it.  :D

Again seen from above:

And then we reach the old part of the twon again:

The building between the school and the supermarket can be used as a gallery ingame:

And - parts of these both were seen on the pictures above. They were built between the yellow corner building and the school. May be constructed in the late 20s:

Detail:

From behind:

And here a view that shows a part of, what should have become one of the highlights of this town:

But here I will continue later. Until then two last pictures of the Schulstrasse:

I´ll be back soon...  ::)

art128

Wonderful set of pictures. The house with the parisian styled roof is nice, however I'm not sure the roof over the windows should be that large.

Sorry to hear about your computer dying. If you don't mind me asking, what happened? Maybe you can salvage a few things from it to try and save cost of a new one.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

catty

Over here they are having sales on the Windows 8 computers even tho you can update them ... nice set of pictures I especially like the way that pond has turned out in one of the gardens

all in all   :thumbsup:   &apls

romualdillo

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! :angrymore: Why did it happen!!!
I have to say it was a wonderful neighbourhood and I hope you can recover your files, because I'm going to download it as soon as I can. I have stopped playing The Sims 3 for a while, but I will start again as soon as I can put my hands on it!!