• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pense; Quite Some Time Has Passed

Started by WannGLondon, January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WannGLondon

So I began to realize that I kind of threw this MD together and would like to redeem myself by starting over.

Pense: Capitol of the Kinderlann

Pense, originally named Pensetfor was founded in 1206 by Lord Dorchester, an explorer for the King and Queen. Dorchester discovered this vast valley with a large, glorious river flowing through it and decided that this valley (the Kinderlann) would be a grande place for a town. And so Pense began...

This is the oldest part of the city; Bank Court. Today, it has the highest amount of traffic flowing through it, with two bridges converging here and multiple rail/sub stations in or around the court. Many bankers walk these sidewalks while jabbering away on their cell phones while tourists take in the sites like Federal Hall (the old capital building) on the left side of the image.

Lord Dorchester later had his workforce construct him a grand manor outside of the city limits as to be away from peasants and beggers. His manor is called Argetty; it is one of the oldest standing structures in the metropolitan area of Pense and is now quite ironically in the middle of the city. Dorchester would not be pleased.

Moving to the south, we find ourselves at King's Cross. This railway station provides a hub for thousands of commuters making their way into the financial district and its environs. This station provides services to all parts of southern Pense.

As we make our way back into the financial district where the city was originally founded, I would like to show you an image of the modern-day skyline. The financial district's main arteries include Front Street, Latimer Street and Davenport street (the corrider is hidden behind the tall towers).

We then zoom into the financial district and find ourselves at Ambring Square, once a grande square where Lord Dorchester like to sit and relax, it is now engulfed in shadow but is still a heavenly retreat for battered bankers.

This is an older shot, but never-the-less, this is the financial district's view of the mighty LaRoujse (Luh-roojs) River.

Moving north of the financial district, this is Perry Station. This is the busiest railway station in all of Pense, most likely due to its close proximity to the financial district. Pedestrians crowd its entry-way and this is the last place you would want to be caught if you have claustraphobia. (This image does not do it justice at how congested this area is).

Moving northwest from Perry and its pedestrians, this is Saint Street. Saint Street is home to many financial institutions and insurance companies. Saint Street also has some beautiful buildings if i do say so myself.

Moving even more westward, we arrive at Champlin Square. This is one of my favorite squares, even if the northern edge of the square does not have beautiful, classical buildings. This square is a retreat for any city-dweller as it is one of the greenest squares in the city and many admire its charming layout and odd serenity.

South of Champlin Square is what as known as South District. South District is north of Manor Park and is iconic for the nightclub scene. Hours are late here in South District and techno music and neon lighting blare. Unfortunately, inebriated clubbers find themselves in nearby Manor Park, tossing their cookies in the lake or commiting unpleasant acts so the Pense Police Force has really been on their grind.

This is the view of gorgeous Manor Park, named after Tygate Royal Manor, which we will see next. Manor Park is inspired by St. James Park in London. It is the busiest of the Pense parks and was a frequent visiting ground to Dorchester's family.

This is Tygate Royal Manor. This manor was built as a summer home for the King and Queen and now looms above Manor Park with beautiful views over the park to the city. It is a must-see for any visitor to Pense. Queen's Circus can be seen on the right, a busy intersection marking the westernmost entrance to the central area.

North of Tygate Royal Manor is Mayvale Park. This is one of the largest parks in Pense and any building surrounding this park is on expensive real estate. Mayvale Park's lake in the only natural lake in Central Pense. This image is just a view of some hotels and businesses abutting the park.

South and west of Mayvale Park is a large, empty area where i would like to grow some urban white terraces that are so common in affluent areas in London, but are not-so-common on SC4 fan sites. If anybody could BAT these beauties, it would help to better my city, thank you.

Going east of Mayvale, this is a view of one of the parts of the central area. In the image is St. May's Church (Berliner Dom) in a neighborhood called Holling Field. This image also includes the neighborhoods called Redmond and Fairing. Fairing is an educational district with many museums and the tall towers near the river are dorms for the students of Vecker College.

Moving north of the last image is Klew Bay. This is where the Pense Telecom Tower stands and visitors can enjoy sweeping views of the entire metro area, up and down the mighty river.

To the west of Klew Bay is Carringer and St. George, the northern boundary of the central area.

Southwest of the financial district, located on the river, is the South Halls area. South Halls has many government buildings including the courthouse and city hall. The Kinderlann Royale Exchange is also located here, (those large buildings on the river bank).

North of South Halls is Hywater. Hywater is an entertainment district and shopping area. Its main square is Hywater square which is based off of London's Piccadilly Circus.

West of Hywater is Jestergulsh, entrance to the Great Morrow, which is where a large concentration of terraces will be soon. These terraces are where many influential people live, from movie stars to government officials.

Moving away from the central area, there are many different forms of housing for Pense's workforce;

Surrey Wharf is sort of a second financial district based off of the Canary Wharf development in London. Surrey Wharf is away from the central area and provides jobs for the western part of the city.

Here is the soon-to-be port area and in the north we can see Callomine Int'l Airport with express trains from Queen Elizabeth Station in the Central Pense area.

Lastly, here is a region view of the area. This picture was taken a little while ago, as the population shows over 800 thousand whereas the current in-game population is over 900 thousand.

More pictures will be up soon! Hope you enjoyed my London-inspired city. All residential, commercial and industrial buildings were naturally grown, except for a few landmarks. Special thanks to the amazing BATters that could help me create my masterpiece. Please leave comments!  :D

*All photos are in JPG format now, they should be working
Otherwise, please let me know if the pictures are not able to be viewed, thanks
Call me Warren.

Rady

Hmmm ... is it just me that I cannot see the pictures directly? I just see a little icon like a broken image, but when I copy the link to a new browser window, the image opens. Did you enclose the link to that picture with the image control?

Like ['img]<here_goes_the_link_to_your_picture['/img] (discard the ' - I just cannot make it visible if i use it without!)

Apart from that - very nice start. I especially like these row homes in the green ..

You just should consider making larger images, and maybe you should turn off the U-drive-it mission indicators (my-sims menu --> Missions --> Mission toggle on/of)
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

vester

Hi WannGLondon

Your pictures aren't showing.
Had a look at them, they are in png. That is not your main problem.
Convert them to jpg. Here you could use IrfanView or similar.

Posting your picture would look a something like this:
[img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5047/square.jpg[/img]

WannGLondon

Please let me know if my images are showing!
Call me Warren.

catty

Quote from: WannGLondon on January 16, 2012, 08:41:28 PM
...*All photos are in JPG format now, they should be working
Otherwise, please let me know if the pictures are not able to be viewed, thanks

Hi WannGLondon

None of your pictures was showing up as you had selected the wrong ImageShack link, I have corrected your first post (select "Embed this Image" and then the "Forum" link in ImageShack) and all your pictures bar the one that is still a png file should now be showing up.

Now for the bad news, when a moderator makes any comments on your posts you do not delete them, as I would like to see this MD continue, I am only going to lock your topic till tomorrow morning when I get up (that's my morning, its currently 10:30pm here in NZ), please don't delete a moderator's comments again.

"$Deal"$

-Catty
Global Moderator

EDIT: Topic now unlocked.
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

WannGLondon

Call me Warren.

DanniBee

If you were still looking for some of the white terraces, Gascooker has done a fair few of the style:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=353
They migth not be exactly what you're looking for but it's better than nothing :p

WannGLondon

Quote from: DanniBee on February 09, 2012, 11:12:42 AM
If you were still looking for some of the white terraces, Gascooker has done a fair few of the style:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=353
They migth not be exactly what you're looking for but it's better than nothing :p
Thanks DanniBee, but yes i have checked those out among many others, but all 'white terraces' give a suburban feel unlike the ones pictured. Thank you though.
Call me Warren.

WannGLondon

One million residents!

Call me Warren.

wallasey

Good start...and I love that region view too! I simply cannot get that seem-less transition between each tile!

WannGLondon

Quote from: wallasey on February 21, 2012, 12:36:45 PM
Good start...and I love that region view too! I simply cannot get that seem-less transition between each tile!
Thank you!
Call me Warren.

Grneyes

May I ask what water mod you are using? I really like the color of your water.

WannGLondon

Quote from: Grneyes on February 22, 2012, 07:25:30 PM
May I ask what water mod you are using? I really like the color of your water.
I believe it's callled Brigantine. And yes, it's a great color.
Call me Warren.

WannGLondon

Here's an image of one of the older parts of the city, called Harlington. Harlington Central Station is one of the busiest terminals in the city, and is also one of the oldest terminals. It is a hub for the elevated rail-subway lines. It can be seen at the top of the image.

This is the conjuction of Davenport Street and City Road,(among others). The monument in the middle is commemorated to Pense's first mayor.

This is Canton, one of the odder areas of the city, filled with head shops, kitch stores and a museum of the uglier past in Pense. It has many odd hotels and odd people, but is a haven for hippies and down-and-out artists.

These are the old Millfold Factories, across the river, on the right bank. City officials are planning to convert the empty spaces inside the buildings into lofts, shops and possibly, a museum.

This image shows the Dorchester Road Bridge, Court Rail Bridge and Winston Court Bridge. These bridges are life-lines for the downtown bound commuter.

View over the expanding port.

Point Stadium stands out in a district called Portaco. It is home to many sporting events and concerts, and sits on a great location, surrounded by the LaRoujse River. It is truly an important landmark for the city.

West of Point Stadium is Midland Heath. These are some homes bordering the heath.

Southern and Central Pense homes are different than that of Northern Pense homes. These are some northern Pense homes.

In the very north is Churchill Heath, inspired by Hampstead Heath in London, it provides glorious views over the central area.

Call me Warren.

nbvc

Nice images. I like the small houses.

WannGLondon

Call me Warren.

Dantes

WannGLondon

Call me Warren.

WC_EEND

Oooh, I like London as well :D I really like they way your suburbs turned out, reminds me of the real ones.
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

WannGLondon

Quote from: WC_EEND on February 24, 2012, 04:18:31 AM
Oooh, I like London as well :D I really like they way your suburbs turned out, reminds me of the real ones.
Glad to hear it, thank you.
Call me Warren.