• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxim Vm

Quote from: Dantes on July 16, 2017, 05:34:25 AMMaxim VM I am very courius ! Maybe with this http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1783 and buildings from HK Bat Team and the LotEditor you have your own style! The street concept is fantastic!  :thumbsup:
Thanks, I will look into these buildings. I'm also looking into some of the appartemens in the New York housing project.

I started from scratch (again) and decided to re-use the road lay-out in the CBD. I just finished some of the main interchanges. I tried experimenting with some different road lay-outs in different cities. Still trying to learn all the NAM/RHW posibilities, they seem endless.

I'll probably start developing soon, then put in some public transport, work on the beach-sides and then fill up the empty spots.

@mods: if these are too many pictures, feel free to delete some.

Region:

CBD:

Suburbs:

Suburbs:

Industry:

Alan_Waters

In the lower pictures a very interesting solution of intersections; "Clover" vice versa. :thumbsup:

Tyberius06

Quote from: siemanthepieman on July 16, 2017, 04:17:38 AM

Tyberius06 - I like the interchanges of course, but also the freight yard next to the TIA that runs into the Noir City - Suburbiana intersection. Is that your own work or can I download it somewhere?

siemanthepieman - Thank you!
Oh, that's actually two lots. Both are Simmer2's creations - SM2 Rail Service Yard 1, and SM2 Rail Service Yard 2, I just put them and a little bit shifted next to each other to get this result.

bladeberkman - That interchange is so nice that I will steal the idea! Sorry! :D :D :D That's amazingly unique, I hope we can see more from you! :) Thanks to showcasing this!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Tyberius06

Sorry for the double!

Today I show a new interchange of mine. It's ugly, maybe not even realistic (non of mine usually is realistic or efficent, but I'm the mayor it's my money, ehh... my citizens money... :D:D:D ). I started to expand the region and opened a couple of new city tiles to make the main highway system around NoirCity. This is the first part of the complex interchange system of SouthPoint.

Enjoy! (click for full size)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

APSMS

@Tyberius: It looks nice, but that weaving on the loop ramp is a bit much for me, even if it is on a collector bypass. I like the elevation changes, though. Those are really smooth.

I have the issue of trying to make everything as compact as possible, which somewhat colors my outlook a bit.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Haljackey

Here's my latest real-life inspired interchange creation in SimCity 4.

Click the link below the image for full size (a whopping 6485x3868)

Full size: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4318/35181620833_13397f1017_o.png

tomvsotis

Quote from: bladeberkman on July 13, 2017, 10:32:12 PM
This is completely inefficient and a huge waste of space. However, I love how it looks, the curves are super-smooth, and I had to share.

Belatedly, but still: I really like this one! It's super graceful and pretty :)

simonvangenderen

Preperations for the expansion of a city called Bellenau:

I thought there was no space left to connect the onramp towards the south if I wanted to keep space for widening, so I came up with this odd design (Exit 'Windfield Airport-East'):

Probably the first one I have drawn on a piece of paper prior to building it in the game (Interchange Mirefield-South):

eggman121

Some really cool stuff here.

Keep it coming.

Here is my contribution

-eggman121

bladeberkman

Not sure what to call this one. Off-set inside ramp stack? Squiggly Stack?

dyoungyn

I like it a lot.  Great creativity &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Durfsurn

I don't know what it's called but it's one sexy stack :D, great job!

simonvangenderen

Main exit of an avenue that I'm trying to get as grade-seperated as possible. It's basically a connection straight through the city between two highways before the interchange between them was built (which is the second picture):

Interchange Bellenau-West:

Akallan

Simonvangenderen : The first picture is a great way to smooth traffic! :thumbsup:
eggman121 : Beautiful interchange! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Haljackey

UDI Tour of a real-world inspired interchange

http://www.youtube.com/v/tm6szbn7eOQ

Seaman

@simonvangenderen:
I really like how you (supposedly) tried to get the impression of a new interchange built over an old intersection (the concrete blocks mark the old lanes of the intersection...?) in the second pic.

Alan_Waters

Wiimeiser

This one ran into a few issues

EDIT:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how it's possible to make a stack interchange any more compact than this catastrophe, since FLEXFly can't be placed over itself. Looks like it's this mess, a cloverleaf, or nothing.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Seaman

Quote from: Wiimeiser on July 31, 2017, 06:04:57 PM
Unless I'm missing something, I don't see how it's possible to make a stack interchange any more compact than this catastrophe, since FLEXFly can't be placed over itself. Looks like it's this mess, a cloverleaf, or nothing.

woa... with that sentence, you're opening a whole new (and somewhat old) discussion.

I think Tarkus just enhanced some RHW stability to get a nice compact stack, but can't find his post, yet.

But I've just went a few pages back in this thread to find this (and it's even not the most compact one!):
Quote from: bladeberkman on December 31, 2016, 03:59:25 AM
Hey all! Here is a compact, high-capacity, whirlpool interchange. I don't post often, but I felt pretty happy with this one. -Blade

Edit:
I couldn't find Tarkus' exact post, but I've found this one (still not even the most compact):
Quote from: Tarkus on November 16, 2016, 07:33:56 PM
16 NAM versions later, the revolution continues.

Can't search for it any longer, I'm getting late for my appointment for signing my new working contract  ::)