• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami

Krajan Junction on Cibebek with its surrounding fully developed... (after 2 years finally)
Cibebek Inner City Expressway (N-S) intersecting with Cibebek Ring Road Expressway (E-W)

Alan_Waters

It's not really Intersection, but I liked the idea:

Haljackey

Upgrading a diamond to a SPUI and widening the highway

Click for full size

dyoungyn

Badly needed upgrade.  However, Obviously you are need of a fix or widened for your on ramp bottle neck.

Haljackey

Quote from: dyoungyn on July 10, 2017, 12:53:35 PM
Badly needed upgrade.  However, Obviously you are need of a fix or widened for your on ramp bottle neck.

I'd need the new lane to end before the ramp enters the highway to have it work. It's not realistic to have 2 lanes merge in at once as there's no merge room for the left entering lane. It's funneled immediately into the rightmost through lane.

This setup works fine on exiting lanes, so that's why both exit ramps have 2 lanes leaving the highway.

Only way to fix this now is with the RHW-12S ;)

SimCity V6

Quote from: Haljackey on July 11, 2017, 07:25:52 AM

That reminds me... I know I may be silly or off-topic here, and it'll probably not be implemented anytime soon or at least within NAM 36-37, but couldn't the 12S and 10C be implemented since they are some situation similar to the 6S? I do have to wonder.

Haljackey

Exactly correct. 10-C and 12S would have a slight tile overhang just like the 6S.

So no capacity increase since the same amount of tiles will be used, but would look pretty neat!  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Quote from: SimCity V6 on July 11, 2017, 01:20:47 PM
Quote from: Haljackey on July 11, 2017, 07:25:52 AM

That reminds me... I know I may be silly or off-topic here, and it'll probably not be implemented anytime soon or at least within NAM 36-37, but couldn't the 12S and 10C be implemented since they are some situation similar to the 6S? I do have to wonder.

For what it's worth, the RHW-12S and 10C were originally planned for NAM 31.0.   I actually have .dat files for them, containing the base networks at L0, L1, and L2 height levels, including diagonals and over/undercrossings.  jondor did the vast majority of the work on them.

The reason they got cut from NAM 31.0 was because ramp interfaces and transitions (aside from FLEX OnSlopes) had not yet been designed for them, so there would have been no way to connect them to anything.  They remained shelved after all the whole mess with NAM 31.0, which led to the NAM Team freezing development on any new override networks (the AVE-8/TLA-9 were also caught up in this), as well as a desire to focus on improving the existing networks.  There were also some second thoughts about having a pair of three network sets (RHW-6C/8C/10C and RHW-8S/10S/12S) with the same capacity, and no really feasible way (at least as a draggable network) to boost it.  The code for them was largely removed as part of the controller streamlining for NAM 31.1, though a few stubs remain.

The long-range plans for the RHW do entail the creation of "ultra-wide" networks--the priorities there would be more for 12+-lane C-networks, and 14+-lane S-networks, which would span 5 and 6 tiles for a dual carriageway, respectively.  The P57 IID scheme already accounts for ultra-wides.  Creating those would probably give the 10C and 12S more meaning, as they might enter the equation mostly as a way to transition between the "wide" and "ultra-wide" networks.  The AVE-8/TLA-9 on the NWM side are planned to be revived, as there is a way to boost their capacity beyond the AVE-6/TLA-7, and the DDRHW-8 is also still in the picture.

I wouldn't expect much movement on these (aside from the AVE-8/TLA-9) until after NAM 40.  The feature set for NAM 37 is already starting to coalesce, and I know that, at least on my side, diagonal functionality will be an area of focus for awhile.

-Alex

Tyberius06

Hi folks!

A few pages back I showed the main highway system one of my cities (NoirCity - CounterPoint District), now I show the other two...

1. NoirCity - North Harbour District InnerCity Highway

2. NoirCity - Suburbiana District Main Highway system (H1 Motorway)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Shiftred

Industrial intersection:

Maxim Vm

Beginner at work here.

3-way intersection: RHW-8C L0 vs RHW-4 L1

Bigger picture of the new area:

bladeberkman

This is completely inefficient and a huge waste of space. However, I love how it looks, the curves are super-smooth, and I had to share.

dyoungyn

Looks fantastic.  Love the design :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maxim Vm

Quote from: bladeberkman on July 13, 2017, 10:32:12 PM
This is completely inefficient and a huge waste of space. However, I love how it looks, the curves are super-smooth, and I had to share.

Nice! I posted a question about the 2lane ramps in http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.4100

Girafe

I love to see this kind of intersections:

Out of the fact that it could be inefficient, it shows how the road system has upgrade and give smooth and realistic result.

Thanks to NAM team  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Akallan

Tyberius06: Your work is avesome! I love the interchanges you make, beautiful!
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

matias93

Quote from: Maxim Vm on July 13, 2017, 04:56:43 AM
Beginner at work here.

(interchange detail)

(overall image)

Somebody else thought on Le Corbusier's plans for rebuilding city centres? This matches perfectly, and as a modernism fan, I'm really eager to see how it develops!  &apls

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Maxim Vm

Quote from: matias93 on July 15, 2017, 10:12:54 AM
Beginner at work here.

(interchange detail)

(overall image)

Somebody else thought on Le Corbusier's plans for rebuilding city centres? This matches perfectly, and as a modernism fan, I'm really eager to see how it develops!  &apls
I was already familiar with his chairs and architecture, but had no idea he also layed out these kind of plans. Will do some research on it :)

siemanthepieman

bladeberkman - Nice interchange. Different, but super smooth like you say.

Tyberius06 - I like the interchanges of course, but also the freight yard next to the TIA that runs into the Noir City - Suburbiana intersection. Is that your own work or can I download it somewhere?

Dantes

Quote from: Maxim Vm on July 16, 2017, 12:45:39 AM
Quote from: matias93 on July 15, 2017, 10:12:54 AM
Beginner at work here.

(interchange detail)

(overall image)

I was already familiar with his chairs and architecture, but had no idea he also layed out these kind of plans. Will do some research on it :)

Maxim VM I am very courius ! Maybe with this http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1783 and buildings from HK Bat Team and the LotEditor you have your own style! The street concept is fantastic!  :thumbsup: