• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS

Started by 7 Day Free Trial [moat.gg], March 20, 2018, 07:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7 Day Free Trial [moat.gg]

yeah so I got the CAM mod with deluxe edition, and I can get all the buildings and the dependencies, but when I start up the game, a warning just says "these plugins arent available on your machine." all camlots have brown boxes, and i dont know how to fix it. what should I do? is this a bug? i have a steam retail version so please explain in simplified format on what to do to fix these missing textures.
:thumbsdown: :'( :'(

Tarkus

First off, welcome to the SC4D forums!

To answer your question, contrary to popular myth, the CAM itself does not require any dependencies.  It works straight out of the box, and includes modified stats for all the appropriate Maxis buildings in the base game, to bring them in line with the new growth stage scheme.  I have an article on that side of things here.

Now, if you by chance downloaded the "CAM Starter Packs", those are basically just new stats for buildings that were around at the CAM's initial release in 2007.  Because of that, they do have rather long dependency lists, and if you're getting brown boxes and the "plugin not available" errors, that's a definite sign you're still missing dependencies.  All you could really do at that point is just keep looking over the dependency lists and make sure you didn't miss anything.

I actively steer people away from the "Starter Packs", as they're really a handful if you're not an advanced user with lots of experience dealing with dependencies.  I also have a list of recommendations here, which includes a number of really nice CAMeLot/CAMpatible sets that are a lot easier to get up and running without issue.

Hope that helps!

-Alex