• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Locked Down Content

Started by doug_w, January 10, 2018, 04:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug_w

Yesterday when looking at one of the plugins I checked the dependencies required and it said that one of them had been locked down be the creator. Is it ok to use the plugin or will the be problems ?

matias93

Normally, locked down dependencies are either superseeded by a newer version or have unresolved compatibility or file corruption issues (i.e. they are blocked for a reason). We could help you more usefully if you tell us for which plugin the dependency is.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tarkus

If you're missing a dependency, there's a very good chance you'll end up with a brown box or texture glitch of some sort with the lot.  I suspect if the file is being used as a dependency, it's a case of it being superseded by a newer/merged file.  Most LEX files that have been superseded will list the name of the newer file below the notice that the file is locked.

Should the original file you're trying to download have Dependency Tracker support, using the Dependency Tracker will automatically go to the new file, rather than the old locked one (and can download it for you).

Hope that helps!

-Alex

doug_w

Very many thanks for the replies. I didn't actually download the plugin but if I can remember the name I will post it in a reply.
Thanks Tarkus, yes your reply helps me understand things a lot more clearly now.