• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tram Station help

Started by Ayren, January 09, 2018, 10:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayren

Hello guys, I am new in modding SC4. I have downloaded NAM36 and it's awesome, but I have built some tram tracks and I cannot find any tram station. I watched some tutorials on youtube and no-one has my same problem. Do I need to install something else in addition to NAM36?
Thank you for your help.

Themistokles

First of all, welcome to a world of mods! You won't be disappointed :)

There are no tram stops included in the NAM, they are separate. Some of the best ones, in my opinion, are SFBTs tram stops http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2536

Introducing tram stops makes your game prone to crashing when you hover the stations on top of the tracks (or vice versa). That can be avoided by installing this .dll file https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/

Hope this helps
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

mgb204

Check in the Misc Transit Menu, you should find some GLR/Tram stations which come with NAM. If you don't have any, you may need to re-run the NAM installer, select a custom install and check under "Stations, Ports and Network Transitions / GLR and Tram Stations" that you have these selected. Note the installer will remember the previous installed settings, so you only need "add" or tick those new items you'd like installed.

There are of course, other stations on the exchanges too, if you want more variety.

Ayren

Mbg204 I tried your solution, but nothing happened. I also uninstalled NAM36 and reinstalled from scratch with a green check on the  "Stations, Ports and Network Transitions / GLR and Tram Stations" section. Under the Misc Transportation menu I can find all the different types of pieces and intersections for tram but no stations.
Am I doing something wrong?

mgb204

Are you expecting to find them right by the GLR network pieces?, because you'll have to scroll further down for the stations. I wouldn't assume anything was wrong unless you've carefully gone through all the items in the Misc Transit menu first. However, if you are absolutely certain you have and they are not there, next check would be if the files are installed for them. You should find them in the following location:

z___NAM\Mass Transit Lots\GLR and Tram Stations

The default GLR stations are named:

• GLR diagonal Dentei station_b597d62a.SC4Lot
  • GLR orthogonal Dentei station_b597d5b9.SC4Lot

If those files exist, they should be appearing correctly in the menus.

Ayren

The files are located in the folder you specified but there are no stations on the Misc Transportation menu.
I have uninstalled SC4 and reinstalled from ground up then I reinstalled NAM36 with the check in the "Stations, Ports and Network Transitions / GLR and Tram Stations" section. Now I can see a lot of different types of stations including mixed purpose ones.

I think, but I may be wrong, that the problem was the dropbox folder were I stored the saved games to play in multiplayer. There was a subfolder with plugins shared for other players and probably there was a mistake with the path to NAM the installation folder.
Anyway now everything is working properly.

Thank you very much for your help! :thumbsup:

matias93

Quote from: Ayren on January 10, 2018, 04:45:58 AM
There was a subfolder with plugins shared for other players and probably there was a mistake with the path to NAM the installation folder.

This is guarranteed to cause all sorts of problems with the game, even file corruption (i.e. loss of cities) if you have bad luck. That's why is so heavily recommended to download plugins from their original sources and to create your own plugin configuration instead of inhereiting it from other user.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895