• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Prop Brownbox with NAM RTMT (Sandstone Mod)

Started by DonVitoCorleone, January 26, 2017, 02:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonVitoCorleone

2 quick things first:

1. Thank you so much for all the work and support you guys do for the game. It is MUCH appreciated!

2. In respect to #1- I searched and read all over here trying to solve this on my own before turning to you guys- I respect your time! :)

Problem: My RTMT stations can be placed but have brown boxes (though I have the Simpeg alternative image instead of brown boxes - as seen below in my picture). I have downloaded every major prop pack used to date (I have many buildings/mods and rarely see a brown box).

I have the RTMTV3, MGB Pedmall Texture Mod (making them sandstone), the RTMTV3_sandstone mod, and NAM_FaceLift_Mod all installed and I believe in the correct file order.

Anyone have an idea? I am happy to provide more info or solve on my own if I missed a tutorial/faq.

At this point I am afraid to change the NAM mod stuff as it otherwise works fine.

Thanks again!

Don Vito Corleone
Mafia Boss, Mayor

Tyberius06

Hi!
There are separate readmes for different sets as I remember. I had the same problem, so when I run through again on the dependencies, I realised that I missed the different kind of subway entrances. You have to download some of Cogeo's subway prop pack and other roadside, station prop packs from simptropolis, because those contain the model files.
I'm away from my PC so I can't help where you find the dependency list in the readme, but these are not the main prop packs as I remember.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

DonVitoCorleone

ok thanks. I wasn't sure if it was that I loaded one of the mods wrong or simply what it looks like, missing props. I'll check what I missed.

Don Vito

mgb204

Firstly, in the screenshot, are you still in Subway view? Do the actual base textures for RTMT show the avenue at all? So far as I can tell, you are not missing the main props, those do not appear in the centre of the lots.

The thing in the middle with multi-coloured squares only happens when you have a model loaded which is missing a texture. The only models that are used on RTMT stops is used to help you find them when in transport view. Those are part of the RTMT download and by default in the folder Models\Signs. Note I don't think these were part of the original RTMT 3.5 package, but included in the 3.6 update file "Core Add-On Pack.zip". I assume you must have installed part of this, since these did not feature in 3.5.

In this case the file you need is called Bus-Sub-Ave 2.SC4Model. Do you get the same problem with other RTMT lots also, or just the one shown? Based on the above, I suspect it's all of them, but hopefully now you know where to find the files you need.

DonVitoCorleone

Quote from: mgb204 on January 26, 2017, 09:18:58 AM
Firstly, in the screenshot, are you still in Subway view? Do the actual base textures for RTMT show the avenue at all? So far as I can tell, you are not missing the main props, those do not appear in the centre of the lots.

The thing in the middle with multi-coloured squares only happens when you have a model loaded which is missing a texture. The only models that are used on RTMT stops is used to help you find them when in transport view. Those are part of the RTMT download and by default in the folder Models\Signs. Note I don't think these were part of the original RTMT 3.5 package, but included in the 3.6 update file "Core Add-On Pack.zip". I assume you must have installed part of this, since these did not feature in 3.5.

In this case the file you need is called Bus-Sub-Ave 2.SC4Model. Do you get the same problem with other RTMT lots also, or just the one shown? Based on the above, I suspect it's all of them, but hopefully now you know where to find the files you need.

Bingo! That was the issue. I swear I started fresh from zip files in frustration. I really try to keep my plugins pristine...

Thanks to both of you and also thanks for that great sandstone rtmt mod too.

Don Vito Corleone

Mod Boss, Mayor.