• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lot Editor Problem - Wrong Textures Appear in SC4

Started by mbsimcity, January 30, 2016, 07:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbsimcity

My problem is that I'm using the Lot Editor to make a new lot.  The only changes that I made are removing all existing props, and then I replace 4 base texture tiles with 4 unique textures.  In the Lot Editor tool, everything looks as I expect it to.  (Eventually, I will replace the other 12 tiles)

However, when I plop my lot in the game, it comes out looking like this:

Here are the exact steps that I followed:
- In the Lot Editor, I opened the jzo_RMIP2_SmRwy_TH-ET_Thru lot
- I deleted all of the props on the lot
- I changed the lot size from 4 x 3 to 4 x 4
- I placed my textures in the newly created 4 row, starting at the bottom right and moving leftward
    - I clicked the Add Item (on the Base Texture tab)
    - I selected the appropriate texture
    - I place it on the lot
    - I press the Esc key and repeat the procedure for the next tile

In the game, all 4 tiles that I modified, contain the first texture that I placed.  I've also had the exact same results when I started with a 4 x 4 lot.

I'm running a completely vanilla SC4 Deluxe Edition with the exception of the RMIP2 Volumes 1 & 2 installed.

Cheers,

SC4 - Large Airport Builder project

mgb204

Did you make sure you removed all existing textures before adding new ones? Often the LE will allow you to add multiple textures onto one tile. But it can only show one, the result is they fight for the space, zooming or rotating the lot will make them flick between those in the same spot.

This most frequently affects overlay textures and can happen when the textures do not load with LE, so you think there is nothing there. Go back to the lot, drag a square with the mouse around all the base and then overlay textures and hit delete. Then apply the textures anew and save. This should ensure there is no duplication and everything looks as intended.

mbsimcity

Hi mgb204,

Thanks for the reply.  Because I increased the size of the lot, I only set my textures in the new row, so there weren't any textures there before.  But for good measure, I've started over, by deleting all of the props, overlay textures, and base textures.  Then I added my textures as shown below:

I basically got the same issue when I plopped the lot in the game.

Cheers,

Themistokles

It's not so that the texture id's differ only in the last digit? If so, they'll be treated as different textures in the LE, but as wealth variations of the same texture by the game itself. (I learned this from mgb some week ago.)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vortext

Yeah I'm also thinking it's the wealth digit in the IID that's causing trouble. Basically, don't use 0,1,2, or 3 as the fifth digit. Or in other words, use anything from 4...F as the fifth digit, e.g. 0xF898D000. Here's a full explanation of texture IID.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mbsimcity

Thank you Themistokles and vortext.  That was exactly the problem.

I spent all morning Saturday reading up on the meaning of each digit in the texture IID including the fact that the fifth digit should only range from 4 to F.  And then I got so excited about creating my first lot, that I totally forgot about all of that.

Cheers,