• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinlabsc3k

Ok!! &mmm
Another thing that's strange, in the installer the Rail stations are all greyed out except the Modern Arched one. ()what()
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Jimmyson

Hi guys!

Thanks for the new NAM release!
Found an issue with the Slip Lanes.

With RD4, I am unable to use Dual Slip lanes. They revert to a normal road junction when applied.
And have also noticed that when the first slip lane is built, the 4-way RD4 junction changed to a T-junction. (Can be fixed by dragging a road through it).

Plus, (and this may be down to an installation issue). The slip lanes are missing the Road paths.

eggman121

Quote from: Jimmyson on September 14, 2017, 08:04:38 PM
Hi guys!

Thanks for the new NAM release!
Found an issue with the Slip Lanes.

With RD4, I am unable to use Dual Slip lanes. They revert to a normal road junction when applied.
And have also noticed that when the first slip lane is built, the 4-way RD4 junction changed to a T-junction. (Can be fixed by dragging a road through it).

Plus, (and this may be down to an installation issue). The slip lanes are missing the Road paths.

The slip lanes have paths. I have just run a small test and the issue is that the construction is not right on your setup.

Exit slips have to be OWR network while Entrance slips have to be Road network.

What is essentially causing this issue is that the OWR only goes in one direction and reversing the setup will null the Traffic paths. This is the case for most things that have OWR!

-eggman121

vinlabsc3k

Tarkus

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on September 15, 2017, 10:00:56 AM
Can anyone in the NAM Team respond about this?

I haven't been able to replicate it, so more details about what all you have selected would be needed to figure out what's happening there.

-Alex

veikanttu

Quote from: Tarkus on September 14, 2017, 04:20:05 AM

If you're enterprising enough to run the NAM Controller Compiler manually on your own, take the attached file, unzip it, and put it the Sec7n_MRC_Overrides.txt file in the My Documents\SimCity 4\NAM Auxiliary Files\Tools\Controller Compiler\Network Addon Mod\Controller\RUL2\07_RHW\Sec7n_MRC folder, then go back to the Controller Compiler folder, and run NAMControllerCompiler.bat.  If it asks you about overwriting your existing controller, click "Yes". 
-Alex

Thanks for the quick fix. Now it works.

veikanttu

a small cosmetic issue but when you drag a one way road out of the RWH4 the inner side white line is off by a pixel. RWH6S,8S,10S seem fine.

https://ibb.co/j8EMZQ

eggman121

Quote from: veikanttu on September 15, 2017, 05:02:28 PM
a small cosmetic issue but when you drag a one way road out of the RWH4 the inner side white line is off by a pixel. RWH6S,8S,10S seem fine.

Thanks for the Reply veikanttu

That issue will be fixed up in NAM 37 With the REW.

-eggman121

Mikey Knox

Did you remove the Double Median RHW Siddings (i think they where called like that) on purpose? Now they are a single solid Line....

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Tarkus on September 15, 2017, 03:53:28 PM

I haven't been able to replicate it, so more details about what all you have selected would be needed to figure out what's happening there.

-Alex

Nothing!! I re-run the installer and the stations are available now. Maybe a quirk of the installer. ???

Kitsune

Tarkus...

appears this bug was missed (or pushed back?):

last post regarding this was at beginning of this one: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg517332#msg517332

Also, I figured out the issue that I pm'ed you about around that time too.
~ NAM Team Member

Tyberius06

Hi!

I just installed the new NAM and like all the previous versions since I am playing with NAM (that mean NAM 32-33) cleaning specific lot files from my plugin folders which is quite funny, because without them those stations won't work. See the attached picture. I messed up the picture capturing, but still viewable, which stations have been deleted, for example I don't know what the problem is with deadwoods elevated rail shop, apart from that they are acting like stations... The other thing, that the cleanitol deleted model files from the RTMT 3.6 folder as well. Which wasn't actually datpacked, because I usually don't datpack the transit mods...

Thanks any answare in advance! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Mikey Knox

I was thinking about that too^^

But i got more Files deleted than you  ;D

mgb204

The RTMT stuff that's cleaned out has updated replacements inside the NAM, i.e. the GLR transition pieces.

As for the station lot files, have you simply tried them in-game? No doubt these are SLURPed stations, which NAM's installer has installed updated versions of which are better modded. I'm sure you'll be quickly able to verify that these stations do indeed work. Although to take advantage of the updated versions, you'll need to replace the stations manually.

Tarkus

Quote from: Mikey Knox on September 16, 2017, 07:51:43 AM
Did you remove the Double Median RHW Siddings (i think they where called like that) on purpose? Now they are a single solid Line....

Are you referring to the barrier setup on the RHW-6C and 8C?  The double option is still there--it's actually the default in the files, but the single option is preferred by most users, so the box for it is typically checked by default in the installer.

Quote from: Kitsune on September 16, 2017, 05:55:10 PM
Tarkus...

appears this bug was missed (or pushed back?):

last post regarding this was at beginning of this one: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg517332#msg517332

Also, I figured out the issue that I pm'ed you about around that time too.

I think it got lost in the shuffle due to timing, unfortunately (RL went full-blast right after I got home from that Arizona trip)--my apologies for that. :-[ 

I did just investigate it, and it turns out it's not a RUL or INRUL-related issue at all.  It's an S3D model that seems to be "ghosting" (appears invisible, but will show up if queried).  The affected model appears to be 0x57653B80.  Its "ghosting" tendency didn't appear to be immediately apparent on investigating the S3D, either (usually, it's caused by a t1/t3 column transposition in the Index tab).

I have now fixed it, and attached a quick patch below--the Plugins\z___NAM folder is probably the best spot for it.  The patched L0 RHW-8S DAT file is also in my build directory now, so NAM 37 will include the fix out of the box.  (Coincidentally, guess where I'm headed later this week? :D)

-Alex

Tyberius06

"As for the station lot files, have you simply tried them in-game? No doubt these are SLURPed stations, which NAM's installer has installed updated versions of which are better modded. I'm sure you'll be quickly able to verify that these stations do indeed work. Although to take advantage of the updated versions, you'll need to replace the stations manually."

Thanks, but I don't really understand what I'm supposed to replace with what... In the z___NAM\MTA Station Overrides\Rail Stations\ folders I found the cleaned lots, but the size of them is very low. I guess they contains the updated datas only, but not proper lot datas (props/textures). If I keep them like this, the lots won't show up in the game menus. I can't overwrite the new ones with the old ones, because it doesn't make any sense. So what?
I put back the original ones 2 NAMs ago, because I trusted the cleanitol once, but I didn't find the actual lots in the menus.
There is a slight difference between a 1.1 kbyte lot (updated by NAM) and the old ones (~37 kbyte) and they are all running under the same names...
So a step by step tutorial would be nice, how and what you mean about replaceing the stations manually...

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

mgb204

I think you misunderstand. When I say replace the stations manually, I mean those in-game that are already placed.

As for the SLURP process, it should only remove the files/properties that the NAM includes. So by default that means simply an updated buildings exemplar only. The main Lot File and all the original dependencies are still required for them to work. Some of these stations will also include a Lot File where necessary for the updates to function. All of them should have been thoroughly tested to ensure that once the files Cleanitol removes are gone, the stations still work albeit with the SLURP modifications. There is no user guide because this should all happen automatically without you needing to alter anything.

OK, perhaps there are issues, but if you are telling me that all of them don't work, then whatever is wrong is more likely on your side. As I said, these were all well tested before release. Bear in mind the installer detects which of four variants to install for each station, one based on a NAM setting which either adds Bus and Subway to them (assuming the relevant NAM feature is selected). A second will give either of those options in either normal or DAMN-based configurations, i.e. if you are using DAMN, you should get ready to use DAMN versions. In which case you wouldn't see them in the menus anymore, they would be in the DAMN menu. Are you using DAMN at all, that might explain this?

ozan1234567890

Hello everyone!

First of all very huge thank you for ur amazing work!

I just have a short question. I Like this new kind of draggable rail shown in this pic:
https://i.imgur.com/Zk1i33B.jpg
I wanted to use it for a station. Somehow during my first trys I managed to build a diag DTR to two ortho STR splitter (just like i the pic with STRs on the left side). First i didnt needed it but now i would like to replicate it, but i cant figure out how to build it. Anyone got a quick tut for me?

Thanks in Advance!
MD is progressing...

Tyberius06

I don't use DAMN.

I checked with more care what happened with those files. And actually it looks like they are all at their original place. So now I'm confused because I don't know what the NAM cleaned if every lot file what it cleaned are actually at their original place. No, I haven't undo the cleanitol process and haven't moved back the cleaned files... As I mentioned those files have a datpacked version after all...
During the NAM install I put all 4 Plugin Disabled folder (which contain the unpacked original files) in the main Plugin folder (and removed the compressed folder) then run the NAM cleanitol, which showed me that detected and removed X files, I found these files into the BSC cleanitol folder with the "undo.bat", and now when I checked the "cleaned" original folders, the so called removed files are still there.  ()what() ()what() ()what()

Anyway, so I need the original lot and the new lot in the same time (the 2 file names are identical), but I understand well, the new one will load later, so it will override some of the datas in the older one...
Is that correct-ish?

Mikey Knox

I noticed that too, it looks like there are just Copies of them cleaned, the original Files are all there and working (at least for me) so i dont get why they where removed in the first place :)

But who cares, its still working in the DAMN Manager