• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

These last two buildings (Alexander Hamilton US Customs House and 4 New York Plaza) are excellent, and both sooo different architecturally....you've done a great job with both  ()stsfd()

noahclem

Looking great on the latest buildings (1 BAT or 2?)  &apls  Regarding the bridge, whatever comes of it will be delightful! Whether the possible in theory sloped nature is practical or not will be found out eventually ;)

belfastsocrates

4 New York Plaza and it's neighbour looking well! It may not be the prettiest building but it would have its use in any SC4 city as a data centre or telecoms switch hub.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Glenni

That building looks oddly familiar, besides being in real life, did it appear in Simcity 3000 too by chance?

reddonquixote

Here is 20 Exchange Place.. or as good as I could get it. I underestimated the complexity of this building, and finding good references for some of the details was really hard. Hope its ok  ::)

Thanks for nice comments on 4 NY Plaza.

Sorry Glenni, I don't have much knowldege about SimCity 3000.

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

It indeed looks really good!!

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

PaPa-J

Really nice building you have there.  Looks great. :thumbsup:
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

blade2k5

Ooooh!  Another beauty.  Looks great.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

reddonquixote

Thanks everyone!  :thumbsup:

I have a treat for anyone who thinks there aren't enough churches in SC4. Does anyone think that?  $%Grinno$%

This cute little gem of a building is nestled between two prominent skyscrapers on Manhattan's southern tip.

Our Lady of the Rosary Church:

And this one is also dwarfed by the buildings around it, located on Barclay Street just up from the Woolworth Building.

St Peter's Roman Catholic Church:

Soon.. the Trinity Church

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

manga rivotra

And 3 new masterpieces to come !  :thumbsup:
Even without texture "Our Lady of the Church Rosary" catch my eyes intensely.  :o

deora

It´s always a treat for the Eyes to see you work on something mindblowing.You always find the right Attention to Detail and it´s always a pleasure to see your Progress.

"...who thinks there aren't enough churches in SC4. Does anyone think that?"

There sure are many Churches around,but it never hurts to have a few more,especially from Manhattan.
Those small Churches are looking amazing and the intricade Details are really popping out.
I´m sure the Trinity Church will turn out amazing as well.For a moment i thought that is the one that sadly burned down two Years ago (and might be demolished by now) but that´s another one. (Google says it´s the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava)

Can´t wait to see more of your Progress,keep up the astonishing Work and thanks for keeping SC4 alive.

PaPa-J

Yes, we need more churches in SC4. I like choices.  These look stunning. Can't wait to see how you texture these.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

belfastsocrates

From the magnificent Venus Arcology to these gorgeous churches....that's some versatility!

Looking forward to using these in-game.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mattb325

The churches are looking fantastic and it's always useful to have more choice available  :thumbsup:

bombardiere

Yea churches  &apls Yes, there are churches in SC4, but high quality is always welcomed.  :thumbsup:

I like Our Lady of the Rosary Church. It is interesting looking and ... well ... ahem ... Georgian.  :D

seraf

You've been busy my friend  ;) Great work with lower Manhattan, I remember the headache that it gave when I was making my version  $%Grinno$%

Lovely work on the churches - I'm curios how the Trinity Church will turn out :)

20 Exchange Place looks great to me - can't wait to plop it next to my 55 Wall Street ;D

reddonquixote

Thanks everyone  ;D

As promised, here's a couple of updates for Trinity Church. This is probably enough modeling detail for now, will have to see how it looks once I start texturing.

Trinity Church:

Interesting fact: When the 3rd (current) Trinity Church was completed in 1846, the tower was the tallest structure in Manhattan; and until 1869 was the tallest building in the US.

Silur