• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

there is no word, in my rather large dictionary (though still incomplete), to describe what I've seen in the logs...  :satisfied:

this is a whole new level of "painting" landscapes. I wonder, which MMP rocks  you use (some I don't have), as well which water/rapids MMP are those.   

What is the next project? :p

gtz, GnL

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Akallan

Beautiful, your work is always impressive. You have to put a lot of your time! Just a small gripe the textures of the mountains parrait too stretched ...

But it is only superfluous, congratulations!
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

romualdillo

You are MMP's new God!!  &apls

Please, sign here  "$Deal"$ for your deification.

Vizoria

More impressive work. Good use of the photoshop painting in the road markings.

Themistokles

Absolutely astounding. I could spend days hiking through these landscapes :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

korver

- UPDATE 6: South Pacific -

After a brief absence, our journey picks back up on the small nation of Palau, an archipelago of over 200 small islands in the far Western Pacific Ocean. Numerous volcanic explosions many eons ago pushed coral larvae up and out of the Earth's core, forming a massive limestone reef - and the erosion since then has given Palau's islands their distinctive mushroom shape. As most of the 200 islands are quite rocky with palms and mangroves draping over the waters' edge, it takes us a bit to find a nice beach, but we're sure to enjoy it once we get there. Later on, we get out our snorkels and explore the vast coral reefs that surround the island - making sure to avoid the many leopard sharks that call the waters home.

We get back on our cruise ship and spend the next couple of weeks making stops at various South Pacific islands, none of which however are as beautiful as Tahiti's Bora Bora. The small atoll was formed by a massive volcanic explosion some three million years ago, and has been slowly sinking back into the ocean ever since. The waters that surround much of the islands are extremely shallow, giving the the locals the opportunity to build structures directly on the water - which is where we'll be staying tonight. Our thatched hut on stilts provides us an up close view of the many bent palm trees and pristine coral reefs that surround the island, and we take a moment to enjoy the island as the sun begins to set.

We board the cruise ship once again and 1,500 miles later, we reach Pitcairn Island. Pitcairn's history goes back to 1789, where Fletcher Christian staged a mutiny against the William Bligh, captain of the British navy ship HMS Bounty. Christian and a small number of other mutineers settled on Pitcairn - making Adamstown their main settlement. To this day, nearly all of the 56 inhabitants of Adamstown are descendants of the original mutineers, and a number of them will be greeting us when our cruise ship reaches the island, which is traditional when a ship reaches the small port. After a small dinner in the square, we take a look around the island - not much seems to have changed since 1789. Not a single car or vehicle can be found on the entire island, making Adamstown seem very much stuck in time. Despite fighting flying cockroaches and spiders for the majority of our stay in our one bedroom shack, we take a liking to Adamstown's charm, with it's unique assortment of pines and palms along with the pounding waves that never cease to stop.

Our final stop in our journey across the Pacific is Chile's Easter Island. After getting off our cruise ship, we check out some of the Moai that dot the island as we make our way to Anakena Beach. Rano Raraku is one of the best locations to do so, and it gives us the opportunity to get up and close with some of the Moai - but not too close, as touching the Moai is strictly prohibited.

Special thanks to Simmer2 for sending me the Moai models used in this picture!

We finally reach Anakena Beach. Anakena is one of two beaches that Easter Island has to offer - the rest of the island is quite rocky and barren, making it a popular tourist destination. We're surrounded by wild horses, endless palm trees, and the sound of crashing waves once we get to the beach, and Moai statues face inwards towards the island to greet us once we get there. The Rapa Nui people purposely placed the Moai facing inland while they were being constructed some 600-800 years ago - to show that they were protecting and honoring the people of Easter Island. The mysterious Moai statues offer more questions than answers: how were they built, how were they set up, and how did the Rapa Nui people move the statues across the island? No one really knows for certain, so we just sit back and admire their greatness. After checking out the Moai, we spend the rest of our day lounging around in our inner tubes, taking in the natural beauty of the island. Easter Island is truly a one of a kind destination, and it makes for a fitting end to our South Pacific journey.

-korver

---

REPLIES

FrankU: ;D

Gugu3: Thanks, glad you liked it :)

gn_leugim: Thanks for the kind words. The rapids are RFR plop water, which you can get here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27199-rfr-plopwater-pack-1/ - as for the rocks, not really too sure which ones you're talking about, so if you could be a little more specific I would be glad to help.

compdude787: Thanks!  :)

Akallan: Thank you! :) Fixed it btw a while back.

romualdillo: Haha, thanks for the comment. Here's my signature -korver  :P

Vizoria: Thanks. It's very time consuming but helps my pictures reach that next level of realism.

Themistokles: Thanks for the kind words once again!  :)

romualdillo

So you say this is still SC4... Well, I think I'll have to believe you, because this is incredible!!  &apls

Simmer2

Outstanding composition!! You can really make Photoshop (or Gimp) sing the tune you want  &apls &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

MushyMushy

Wow!
The amazing thing is that it doesn't even look like you used Photoshop for anything but lens/weather/water effects. That's some MMP mastery!

Akallan

I do not want to repeat myself because I have already comment from ST: Excellent work! ;) :popcorn:
My CJ :

Vizoria

Beautiful, beautiful pictures. Great work with the MMP roads by the way!

Are the houses MMPs?

vortext

Stunning scenery once again!!  &apls &apls

What else is there to say, really. Well, maybe that I learned the Easter Island statues face inland.  :D

The roads in the 2nd mosaic are particularly striking indeed!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kergelen

&apls &apls Amazing recreation of this small country. I like the unique tropical feeling you have achieved with the flora

Links to SC4 websites

compdude787

Neat pictures! It's so amazing that we can do this stuff in SC4!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Themistokles

Mesmerising! :thumbsup: The forest and the small subsistence farm plots are truly superb. &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Gugu3

Akallan

I forgot to ask you, I want to know what water mod do you use?
My CJ :

manga rivotra

I especially love this hotel on stilts ! Everything is so perfect, it is a real pleasure to watch !  &apls &apls &apls

kbieniu7

Those forests... and rocky coastlines...  :o
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!