• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Model Issue - Seams Visible

Started by Boosting - Safe Lane, July 03, 2018, 04:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boosting - Safe Lane

Hello All,

Please, I need some help to resolve the following issue. I am trying to create a custom modular model, but I am facing an issue using the model in-game. See the image below, I created those boxes just to reproduce the issue. When I place the boxes side by side I get that anoying effect where the seams are visible. How can I get this fixed? The box is exactly 16mx16m and centered. I also tried to create a box a little bit bigger so they overlap, but same result.

Appreciate any help!

Andre

Seaman

Hello Andre. Although I cannot help you with your problem, let me welcome you to the forum. I'm sure someone here is capable of helping you with the issue, but maybe it will take some time to get an answer. You've definetly come to the right place  :).

eggman121

Hi Boosting - Safe Lane

If I can recall correctly I think the issue lies withing the LODs.

One way to hopefully the models seemless is to use very tight LODs.

The way you can do it is clone the piece three times and than on the modifier tab you have to call the Pieces LOD3 LOD4 and LOD5 respectively.

Make sure you delete the current LODs that are created and replace with custom LODs. This trick should only be used with simple geometric shapes.

Essentially BAT are shapes with Flat textures applied. In general the tighter the LOD the sharper the object.

Also on the same Theme you can try these scripts attached to this Post

They are HD scripts that will make you models look sharper at Zoom 5.

Hope that helps.

-eggman121