• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Texture ID Question and T-E Issue

Started by stickinc, August 04, 2017, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stickinc

I needed to make a few additional textures to match up with KOSC's parking pack. Everything shows up fine SCTool lists them as base and overlay textures based on what they are. The issue is that they all show up as overlays in PIM and maxis's lot editor.

Second issue after reading about the difference between transit enabling and networking enabling I realized I needed to fix a few lots I made. The problem is a one lot won't allow me to save the changes. I read a few threads from ages ago where people sometimes had this problem but no real solution was ever given. I don't want to have to remake the entire lot. The only possible problem that I can think caused this I increased the size of the lot before making the changes.  &mmm

mgb204

When making the base textures in SC4 Tool, are you including an Alpha texture? If you do, then it explains why these are being assigned as overlay textures. Similarly, any texture with transparency, i.e. where so much as one pixel isn't used, will become an overlay texture.

As for the TE problem, I've found this occurs when the lot structure has been modified in such a way that the integrity of the file is messed with. It's possible the size change did that, for example if you have TE settings on a tile that no longer exists. Similarly, if a tile that had TE settings has been moved, this will completely mess things up. There are two solutions to that, if you have an archived version before re-sizing it, use that but remove all TE settings before resizing it.

Otherwise make a blank lot, the size you want to end up with, add the textures as usual, but leave everything else off the lot (except the building, which obviously you need). Then do all the TE enabling using SC4 Tool and save the file. After that open it and the previously made lot in separate instances of iLives Reader. Open the LotConfigurations exemplar of both and from the file which was completed (with the props), find all the properties under "LotConfigPropertyLotObject" that start with 0x00000001. Highlight them and right click / "Copy Properties", then switch to the new lot and in a blank area right click / select "Paste Properties". This will copy all the props on the lot into the exact same position as they were in the old one, saving you having to completely re-make it. Don't forget to right click again and select ReIndex LotConfig before saving, otherwise the lot won't work.

stickinc

Quote from: mgb204 on August 04, 2017, 07:08:26 PM
When making the base textures in SC4 Tool, are you including an Alpha texture? If you do, then it explains why these are being assigned as overlay textures. Similarly, any texture with transparency, i.e. where so much as one pixel isn't used, will become an overlay texture.

This I didn't know. It makes sense now as to why the few other textures worked fine

Quote from: mgb204 on August 04, 2017, 07:08:26 PM
Otherwise make a blank lot, the size you want to end up with, add the textures as usual, but leave everything else off the lot (except the building, which obviously you need). Then do all the TE enabling using SC4 Tool and save the file. After that open it and the previously made lot in separate instances of iLives Reader. Open the LotConfigurations exemplar of both and from the file which was completed (with the props), find all the properties under "LotConfigPropertyLotObject" that start with 0x00000001. Highlight them and right click / "Copy Properties", then switch to the new lot and in a blank area right click / select "Paste Properties". This will copy all the props on the lot into the exact same position as they were in the old one, saving you having to completely re-make it. Don't forget to right click again and select ReIndex LotConfig before saving, otherwise the lot won't work.

This was the information I was looking for. I know I had seen it posted before, I think by you, but couldn't find it anywhere.

I just want to say thank you, you are always a big help to me and and from what I see everyone that has questions. And the info on how to fix the lot saved me 3 days worth of work  :thumbsup: