• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire Bay: Green Meadows

Started by RickD, February 03, 2012, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzil

Beautiful update as always, I like in particularly your coast near to the airport.

solsystem

sc-4

Congrats for youer wedding!

And very good update !

Call me Ludo

benedict

Felicitations!

Great to see you back with more from Empire Bay... and the rest of SC4D must agree with me, because you're back at number one on Ben's Top Ten.

Edit 27th July: Well done, you've secured a second week at the top.

Edit 6th August: Make that a three-peat!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Mr.Lin

Congratulations !
And it is awesome !
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

vortext

Congratulations Raphael!  &apls Both for your marriage and an excellent update!

The industrial areas are awesome, however, I agree it could use a little more space. Still looks very neat and well build though.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

GreekMan

man impressive stuff...I haven't been here in a long time...what a change. I think I was here when ur Cj was under ten pages. not sure. congrats! does ur wife know that you are a master of city building in a game?? well you damn well are!
Recreation: San Diego County
Rebuilding America's Finest City!
Visit my MD today!

Dantes

I have not reported me a bit longer. Now I look back in here and your pictures are fantastic as always. The large port facility is very realistishc of the size, I'm curious how it looks later, when a container port was built.
The industrial area I like very much. You've made ​​it great!  :o

Later I congratulate you and your wife to the wedding and I wish you love, joy and happiness always and everywhere!

benedict

Congratulations on being number 5 on Ben's Top MDs for this year.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

RickD

Green Meadows

Oh my, it has been a long (again  ::)) time since our last trip to Empire Bay. Let's waste no time and see what has happened since.

The city has expanded with new suburbs to the east and development has crossed the bay to the south. There is also a new town in the south-east wich we will visit in one of the next updates.

Today we will take a closer look at the new suburbs south across Blackwater Bay.

The area here is called Green Meadows. Well, there is not much left of the once green meadows nowadays.

Here you can see the transition between the strict downtown grid and and a more organic development.

Green Meadows is mostly a medium wealth area.

Empire Bay is still a place of hard contrasts between the poor working class and the rich industrial people. But slowly there is developing a middle class.

Green Meadows is a popular area to live for middle class people that want to escape the big city.

The Green Meadows Railroad provides a basic level of public transport. However, since there is no brigge, the trains have to corss the bay on rail ferries.

It is no surprise that the nice areas along the coast are already occupied by the wealthier citizens.

This is the Green Meadows Ferry Terminal. There is no bridge yet that connects the borough to the city center.

Here is the ferry port on Empire Island. It is running at full capacity. But the Green Meadows citizens do not have to worry. City officials are already working on plans for a bridge.

Thank you for your comments on my last update. I hope there are still a few people left who are interested in Empire Bay.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Bipin

Absolutely phenomenal work. Need I say more? &apls

Mr.Lin

The ferry port on Empire Island is really nice. I like it !
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

Indiana Joe

A fantastic return.   &apls. What a pleasant surprise.   ::)

Looking forward to more!  It seems like the fact that there is no bridge "yet" is very emphasized...

-Matt

art128

Yes indeed, the maxis ferry terminal fits surprisingly well with PEG's docks. :)
Good work on Green Meadows, I like the suburb. I would have continued the shore promenade with nbvc's marina walls instead of changing to marrast's walls, but that's just my opinion. :)
Oh also, I would've used a GLR line instead of the heavy rail for G.M. ;)

Nice to see you're still working on your region years after starting it. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Great update, Green Meadows looks like a nice place to live! The way the grid dissolves into windy streets and roads is excellent, pic 6 almost made me dizzy!  $%Grinno$%

Looking forward to more, though please don't keep us waiting that long again.  ;)  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

carlfatal

This is a spectacular update.  &apls

The suburbs look so realistic, and I love the overviews.   :)

And away from this update: I had to look into a lot of updates, and I like, how you develop the railway network. Every single track makes sense.  :thumbsup:

Gugu3

Excellent layout and lovely update &apls

feyss

It's nice to see you back with those fantastic pictures.  :thumbsup:

I especially like how you used curved road and streets for your city.  ;)

romualdillo

Wow, your city looks REALLY realistic!!! I specially like the ports and how you inserted the ferries' terminal in them. The region shots look fantastic. I'm very intrigued by how you'll build the bridge betwenn Green Meadows and the city center.  &apls

Dantes

I am glad that you show pictures again. Great that your city grows. The suburb looks good!