• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

After many years, returning back to the city.

Started by maremet, April 18, 2011, 12:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maremet

But can't find my way home...
As a Mac user after playing the Mac version of the game, because of all known problems, I have switched to windows version on a boot camp configuration for many year in the past with far less problems then before. Then had a hard disk replacement and never installed bootcamp again for more than two years probably. Now I am trying to come back again and enjoy this amazing game once more hopefully with my son.
This time instead of bootcamp, I decided to go with Fusion. I successfully install the Windows XP pro. with the Fusion and also installed SCD with its official update. Then problems started...
First of all I am getting "Configuration file (Graphic Rules:gr) cannot be parsed. Using built-in rules." message at the start. I do remember same problem before but not sure if it was with Mac version or PC version on bootcamp and also have no idea how to sort out this problem now. The game some how starts after this message but with other problems.
I got the My Sims panel at the bottom of the game panel and when I try to close, it crashes to the desktop. Beyond this some of the windows like save the game window do not have any text on the buttons.
All these problems directs me to graphic card problems but as a mentioned before as I played the game with the same iMac but with bootcamp without any serious problem, I believe there is a solution for these and other problems, I am experiences.
Please help if you can... Should I try bootcamp again or am I missing something which will sort out all these problems. Is there any one out there running Fusion or Bootcamp who can give me some advise.
My configuration is; iMac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB ram, Mac OS X 10.6.7, ATI RadeonHD2600...

Please, please help. And please don't tell my wife that I am using my boy as an excuse. ;D

dahemac

Missing text sounds like a font problem. It could be that components of the XP installation were not installed successfully. In my experience Bootcamp is well integrated with OSX. The fusion installation may have missed something.