SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Metarvo steps up to BAT  (Read 47471 times)

Online mgb204

Re: Metarvo steps up to BAT
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »
First off, great to see some new vehicles and FA variants will surely be in high demand.

MMPs are no trouble really, I can help you with that if need be.

The SD/HD question is much easier answered by doing both. If you DATPack all the models, you can offer two one with SD and another with HD renders. Give each model the same ID when rendering, careful working with gMax/BAT4Max will achieve this for no effort. Then regardless of what you do with them, Props/MMPs and everything else can reference whichever set the user installed, saving a lot of needless duplication.

The models themselves look great, but perhaps the textures could use a little adjustment to work with the SC4 palette a little better. The white ones are pretty good, but the Yellow and Lime models could do with toning back. Maybe reducing the saturation and adding a gradient (if you haven't already) would improve them.

I'd also say they look a bit squashed horizontally for a Focus, stretching them a little longer could work wonders. Although I understand it's necessary to try and keep the size of existing car props for the sake of consistency. For that reason, it would be nice to see a comparison shot with some of Girafe's or SHK's cars, which are probably some of the best out there right now.

However, all said and done, there's nothing so hugely wrong here that would prevent me using them as they are.

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

Re: Metarvo steps up to BAT
« Reply #200 on: November 13, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 41 queries.