• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krasner

ANARCHIST !!

Vizoria

Gorgeous work! That dam is subtle but well constructed! Nice one!

noahclem

Wow, looks great! I especially like the nuclear plant  &apls  Detailing of the trees and such really turned out nice  :thumbsup:

Themistokles

Beautiful MMP work! The way you integrate the whole landscape is really good, and I like the one-platform STR station :D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

FrankU

Oh, really nice work! I like the way you fill the rural areas with strips of different crops. It gives a realistic feel.
Also the power plant looks cool.

Mikey Knox

What Tree Controller and Farm Plots are you using?  :)

Nanami

Nicely done farming area as always! :thumbsup: I really like the 4th picture, make me want to play ets2 again...

mrbisonm

The region picture is starting to look really good and natural. I like it a lot, since I can see the tremendous amount of time spent to make it look this good. No time to stop. Keep it up, I'll be here to keep an eye on this. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

carlfatal

I agree with Fred, this regionview is very nice!  :thumbsup:

And I like the nuclear powerstation, I mean, I like, how you´ve made it.  $%Grinno$% Luckily I don´t need to live there....  :bnn:

But mostly I love this small creek and the surrounding details. If I imagine this place far away from the reactor, than it would be a good space for holidays. :)

praiodan

Very nice shots! I'm a sucker for region views and yours has a couple of fantastic spots already, despite still having some void space in between. I wonder if there even are trains stopping on that rather lonely one track station in picture 5 or if it has already stopped being served.  $%Grinno$%

Dantes

Picture No.6 is my absolute favorite. One of your best works ever!  &apls

kbieniu7

Ok, replies! I haven't even spotted that it's been almost an entire month! Sorry!

First of all:
1. The small roadside chapel from the first part of the update is avaible here:
http://www.simcitypolska.pl/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=489

2. Long time ago I downloaded simple lots with simple farm field textures that were part of 3RR stuff, but I cannot find them. Anyone remember where they were avaible?

feyss - Thanks!
praiodan - Thank you! Yep, let's just assume that it works well enough :) So, nice to hear that you like the quarry!
Vizoria - As I mentioned, I was mostly inspired by you, so I'm very glad to hear your opinion there! Thank you!
Michael - Thanks!
brick_mortimer - Thanks! I think that your question about the chapel has been already answered ;)
Arthur - I didn't know about Bipin's tower. Looks really nice, indeed better than EL's one. However, I have a feeling that is a bit to small. Maybe I will use it somewhere in the future. Thanks for the idea! :)
Simmer2 - Thanks!
Akallan - Merci a toi! ;)

The 2nd tour:
Krasner - Thanks for thanking! :D
Vizoria - Thanks!
Noah - Thanks! Altough, it's not a nuclear plant. You can even see coal piles near the unloading station :D
Karl - The single-rail lines have their charm, aren't they? I'm sure that you're going to explore many of such ones next months! ;D Thank you!
FrankU - Thanks! All inspired by real-life, as always ;)
Mikey Knox - Hey, thanks for visiting there :) Acutally, I don't use any Tree Controller, all trees I plant manually as MMP. That's mostly trees made by Girafe, all avaible at Lex. The most often, I use following spiecies: birches, oaks, conifiers, common spruce, maples as well as bushes and berries for filling. About the fields - Long ago I downloaded simple ploppable lots which were a part of 3RR stuff, but I cannot find them. Maybe somebodye else know? :???:
Nanami - Oh, you play ETS2? Me too, I like this game very much, especially at multiplayer! ;D Thanks for the comment!
Fred - Hah, well, still doing it for 9 years! Thanks a lot for your encourage! ;)
Carl - Danke! It's acutally not a nuclear power plant, just a coal-powered one. I don't know if it changes something to you, but... ;D
praiodan - Thanks! Yep, those voids are still to be filled... some day :D Don't worry, it's still in operation (unlike often in the real world, unfortunately)!
Dantes - Thank you very much! :)

Today another WIP update. Let's concentrate on the south-western edge of the country, on the city of Koszyce. It's not a large city, but still a significant one anyway. As target I planned that it had around 30-40 thousand citizens.

Let's take a look at its infrastructure. There is a road (national road no 4) connecting Kolbrów with Koszyce (leading  further to the western border) and another one going along the western border of the country (national road no 3). Both are 2x1 in cross-section, non-collision-free, have only one carriageway and go through many built-up areas.

The issue is that at the very beginning (7 years ago?) Koszyce were localised in the very corner where there was actually nothing further, so such standard was fair enough. Within the time a lot has happened. Few neighbouring countries occured both from the west - Federation of Magyar (a region of one of my friends) and from the south (origninally Helsakoh for Akallan, but it has changed). For both ones, it is the most important connection. What is more, because of the terrain shape of the whole southern edge of Galand, the southern connection via Koszyce became the easiest and most important one not only for Galand, but would be the only route between the Federation of Magyar and the South. That means, all existing infrastructure was highly underdesigned (2x1 is no longer a sufficient solution).

So, still imagining dealing with that issue, we need to plan an upgrade of road no 4. The first phase was to rebuild the existing 2x1 ringroad around the city to 2x2 with roundabouts (that has been done already). Southern and western exits have also been upgraded to 2x2 (however also non-collision free), but still the connection with Kolbrów is in outdated 2x1.

After some analysis I decided that the road no 4 (whatever standard it would have - a motorway, expressway, collision-free or non-collission free) will partially be rebuild on its existing trail. But still, there are two possible solutions. Let's take some colours and draw few proposed roads:

1. (red) At the point A we build a brand new path, that will be completely collision-free and allow a high-speed bypass, moving the road a little bit to the north. The junction will be placed on the intersection point with national road no 3 that would need to be upgraded to 2x2 on this small stretch between the junction and the city. Then we left it non-collision-free (turbine roundabouts or traffic ligths)

2. (blue) We continue on the existing trail, just adding and extra carriageway. However, we delete one or two intersections on the ringroad and upgrade the rest to serve as collision-free ones.

3. (yellow) Just like the point 2, but we build a new trail between the point A and the ringroad. with a new collision-free junction.

Now - if you still follow after a very long descrption - what do you think? That's the open question to all my readers. I still haven't decided what to do, so I would like to hear your opinion. Which option would you choose? Or maybe you would draw it otherwise (you can download the screenshot and draw something by yourselves)? Let it be a thing chosen by you, sc4devotion designers' community ;)

Regards!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

I like the red path better. Would it be possible to join the ring road with the red path and using a collision free interchange? Trumpet or Y would work. That is of course if the terrain allows it.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

I think yellow is the best path, because then the mayor pay not so much money. But maybe he get subvention from E.U.  ()stsfd() I like your impressive landscape! So realistic!  :o

feyss

I would choose the yellow one too. The red one seems to be a waste of taxpayers money and the blue one a paltry measure.

Nie power plant in the last update btw. The reservoir is a smart idea  ;)

vinlabsc3k

For me, the yellow path is the best in the short-term, but the red one is better in the long-term.
If you will choose the red path I would modify the yellow one to intersect it near the powerline poles.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Silur

praiodan

Then I'll be the first opting for the blue option.  :D

I think this in fact would be the most realistic decision to take. Mostly because it's the least intrusive measure considering the landscape and environmental issues - red and yellow would lead to a lot more sealed surfaces, need more soil engineering and overall higher costs. Also there's already a road leading from the center of Kosyce directly towards the blue interchange point, whereas especially the yellow path is a lot less direct connection.

Silur

If you have money - build 3 (red, yellow and blue) - is then useful  :thumbsup:

matias93

Considering that Koszice will be a middle ground city between two points with heavy traffic, I think the full bypass option is the best one, preserving the ringroad for an urban environment and traffic level (and speed).

Indeed, I would promote the idea of a new highway to ex-Helsakoh that junctions with the A option on the place that energy plant is now, to continue the ringroad westward after the southernmost roundabout, and to expand the city limits to fill the area defined by the new ringroad.

Maybe it is a bit expansive proposal, but I tend to feel that this city will eventually grow to that size, with lots of residents commuting to the other cities on the region.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895