• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

Those barriers are great. But beeing so flexible regarding slopes I would suggest to name them different - wildlife animal barriers or avalanche barriers (?). Because there are some sound barriers already but no animal barrier for the outskirts and mountains, I think. So the same thing named different could make a great addition to the game.

dyoungyn

I agree great looking barriers.  If you are so gracious to take on this wonderful project, then can you create FAR 2 and 3 ;D

noahclem

Great work  &apls Very possibly the nicest highway walls I've ever seen and with flawless slope tolerance!

noahclem

Hi buddy, I'm writing because I'm getting big brown boxes with your substation lots. Is there some dependency I need or something else I'm doing wrong?

Simmer2

Quote from: noahclem on November 10, 2017, 11:55:49 AM
Hi buddy, I'm writing because I'm getting big brown boxes with your substation lots. Is there some dependency I need or something else I'm doing wrong?

Hi Noa.

You need SM2 Prop Pack Vol4 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3548

It is listed under the dependency tracker and in the Readme file.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

noahclem

Thanks Nick :)  Unfortunately, I've had that file in my plugins but get the box nonetheless. I'm pretty well at a loss for what might be causing it or else I wouldn't be bothering you here ;)

Andreas

Try installing Nick's stuff in an otherwise empty plugins folder, maybe there's some other file that conflicts with these lots somehow. If you're up to it, try to move one half of your plugins back, test again, and repeat with some more files, until you found the culprit.
Andreas

metarvo

Nice work on the walls, Nick!  :thumbsup:  There don't seem to be a lot of slope-conforming walls out there, so this helps to fill a niche.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simmer2

Hi Noa. I'm sorry you are having problems but lets see if we can resolve it  :)

I just finished re-checking all my peas and carrots.
All my lots, Desc files and models are always brand new (new IIDs) nothing is recycled.

Downloaded the lots and the dependencies (to avoid cross contamination). Unzipped them on a clean plugin. Fired up SC4 and found no issues.
Moved the folders in my 6.2 Gb plugin. Still no issues.

Please install this mod https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26298-peg-opps-oops-mod/ and then take a pic or two. Message them to me and I will see if I can isolate the offending item. Then we could do a search by IID on your plugin to see what is going on.

You could also put the lot folder and the 3 dependencies in a clean plugin. Fire up XPim and open the lot in questions. Check if you see red crossed yellow boxes (missing item)

Let me know how it goes.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

noahclem

Thanks a lot guys  :thumbsup: From the sound of it, particularly if no one else is having this problem, it's something not related to the great work done here (the modding on your files has always seemed top quality). My problem has been intermittent, showing a box while hovering before plopping, then looking correct after plopping with the box then showing up later before disappearing again, apparently after either RL time had passed or I saved the game (no game time has passed). I'll investigate plugin problems as carefully as I can, considering the inconsistency of the problem, and hopefully will be able to find the conflict.

Andreas

Disappearing and reappearing boxes while you paused the game might be related to timed (not seasonal) props/prop families. Use the "WhatTimeIzIt <value>" cheat to set the in-game clock to various hours, then you might be able to track down a potential modding problem with some of the timed props.
Andreas

Simmer2

Continuing with the Sound Barrier project, here are some new models.

Simmer2/Nick

Tyberius06

Hi!

These are still looking good. I love the special variety of the walls, they could be used in multiple ways, not just sound barrier (T-s and +-es and Y-s...). :)
If it's not a big ask, could you make some picture for next time with RHW-6S?

Thank you for doing this set!

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

metarvo

Yay, intersections and diagonals!  :thumbsup:  Nice work.  Do I spot a door in pic 4?  ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dyoungyn

Nick,

Wonderful job and fabulous work here for a great addition to SC4. 

A few questions:  Are these walls using over hanging with no use of a an entire square? 

Finally, is it possible to make some walls for FAR2 and 3?

dyoungyn

kelis

Okay, you are going to make me wait for another of your great projects ! Yhose sound barriers are very realistic, perfect for big cities !

Can't wait  $%Grinno$%
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

gn_leugim

those look really nice! and the added graffiti makes a good touch! ;) 

Simmer2

Thanks everyone!

dyoungyn Only 2 pieces are overhanging, ironically enough, they are the ones you suggested, the FAR3. No other way to implement them.

Just finished adding several more pieces including the FA3 set (Fractional Angles 18.4 deg)

Pics please...

Simmer2

Akallan

Wow, beautiful work, the idea is simple but very useful! Thank you! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

feyss

Perfect, I'm going to directly use them  :D