• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Thank you kelis

Things are progressing a bit faster now, on 3 different fronts...

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

gn_leugim

some good developments here lately, keep it up man!  :thumbsup:

Tyberius06

Oh dear!

That looks awesome! :) So much new beauties...!  &apls &apls &apls  :popcorn:

I can't wait to give them a good use! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Krasner

Great, so pleasant to look at  ;D the muddy lawn and the small piles of garbage here and there make all the difference  :thumbsup:
ANARCHIST !!

Silur

May be some real rusty textures? But I like the original  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you gn_leugim, Tyberius06, Krasner, Silur

The main lot is now complete. New custom base texture, resized many of the props including the trucks and redesigned the Oil Loading Platform to be compatible with any rail tanker unlike the first model. Also there are a bunch of new never seen models in this lineup.

I will also release a brand new quad oil pipe lot set, to match my new models. Therefore you will be able to run a pipeline in between the different oil tanks lots.

This particular lot is more in line with European setups but it will work in any map.
Size of the main lot is 17X11.

Here are a few pics.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Simmer2 this is really beautiful  &apls

I really appreciate you work on this and hope to play with these new lots in the not too distant future.

Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

-eggman121

gn_leugim

Nice loting! something quite unique :)

Badsim

Hi Nick ,

Beautiful work indeed ...  &apls ... even if the asphalt texture looks too dark for my personal taste , on the farest view notably . I don't know if you have already the next project(s) in mind , but you should consider learning how to make automata skins , it would be a blessing for our same perpetual freight cars automata ( Personally I would dy to see running the wood carriages on the previous page ...) . Easy to say , I know . :D ... As compensation , it  would be a pleasure for me  to contribute to your work by creating concrete textures sets like these :

I only need the desired sizes ... Let me know if you're interested ( whatever your decision about automata , of course  $%Grinno$% that's only a suggestion  ;D ) .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Simmer2

Thanks everyone!!

Cedric, automata skins are a possibility in the future. As you can see I have my plate full and then some at the moment :D
I will lighten up those oil stain, thank you.

Adding to the ever growing prop pack....special delivery :D

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

I will be very confused and suffering from the amount of goodiness, what you'll bring to us, and not to mention Angry Mozart's railprops... well-well, it's a whole new world.
I wish if you could make timed prop families to your upcoming props (trains, trucks, vans etc), and if someone could make the same with Angry Mozart's railstuffs as well...

It will be hard to figure it out, how I should build up my upcoming seaport releases, because I'm pretty sure, that I will use yours and Mozart's rail props for the expansion, but I'm kind of lack of time recently, and I'm not sure when will I update the old ones with the new props...
Whatever I'm just thinking loudly :)

So these new stuffs are very nice, and I can't wait to use them!  &apls &apls &apls &apls

- Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

belfastsocrates

LOVE the wind turbine props!!

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

@Tibi Already created several dozen timed exemplars for the upcoming prop pack.  ;)

@belfastsocrates Thank you.

While going about my Gmax adventures I created something almost as a side product and decided to release it ahead of the other lots brewing in my plugin.

SM2 Wind Power
Clean energy for a bright future.
Cost to plop 900
Power Output 1800
No base texture, just plop it and dress it with your choice of MMP.
Can be plopped on very steep slopes. Custom foundation included.
Run power pylons from this lot to the edge of town and enjoy your zero pollution electricity.

No dependencies.

Page 1 has been amended http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.0

Enjoy

Simmer2

FrankU

Simmer2

Thanks Frank!

Version 2 is here. New taller model with more details and flashing aircraft warning light.

Open game, bulldoze all instances of the old lot, save game and exit.

Remove old folder and replace with this one, open game and plop away.

Link http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3546

Fixed the Z axis issue.
Old one with new details but no Z axis fix and beside it, the one with the fix. I also added a flashing aircraft warning light.

FrankU

Alan_Waters

As always, great work!  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Those are really nice! Great work (as always!) :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Simmer2

Thank you!!

SM2 Wind Power Marine version coming soon...

Underwater wire conduits and shore substation will also come to life..

Simmer2/Nick

Simmer2

Wow! The enthusiasm is overwhelming!! Don't worry, the Fuel Terminal is still an ongoing project, I have not dropped it.

Anyways, continuing the water wind farm project, here are a few pics.
The first 3 are in power mode so you can see the power tiles connecting with the newly built substation on shore.
The "wire conduit" is actually an invisible power lot I made that can make power connections on water, each plop will make a 9 tile grid connection, all the way to shore.
On shore is SM2 Power Substation which will will step up the voltage from 2kVa to 30kVa for transmission purpose