• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Those ground silos are really good! Yeah!

mrbisonm

Thanks Frank, glad you like them.

Here are 3 more of this ground silo model, the last ones. I had some problems finding them, they were in a different folder, already rendered. The roof problem we see on one of the sheds is only on the picture rendering, it doesn't show on the model ingame.

I am having more and more problems finding the rest of the silo models, so after showing the pictures of the next 8 or so that I was able to find, this will be the end of the siloset.

Now, I think I have about batted and shown the basics of farmsilos we have in our farming world. The eight models left are 2 Corncob drying silos, another groundsilo with posts instead of the cement walls and one with big stones, an old Cement silo somewhat abandonned, 2 shiny Aluminum grainsilos and a "longhouse" drive-thru silo.
So if anyone has an idea of a excellent and well known silomodel that I have forgotten, please come forward, now is the time and last chance to mention it Big Mill silos will be in the Add-on Siloset later, so are the dugout groundsilos.

I should be back tomorrow, now that we have the first snow and temps below 0 C, windy, moist and cold. ;)

Enjoy
Fred

A picture towards my backyard taken this morning from eastern living room. ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Wow, look at this! 150 Views every day this thread has and how many comments?....lol .....Are you kidding me? Maybe I should show them on the brazilian site, I usually get many more comments there.................. ???

Here are 3 more that were not on the list yesterday, Lurkers.  &mmm

On silo 12 the white texture of the roof will be tweated down in the rendering, now I only had time for the picture. ;)

Fred

Jack_wilds

all I have is a lurking cheesy 'like' to offer...  ???

as teh models are good to great andhave nothing to sya is wrong with...  %confuso

its all looking good for lot making soon  :thumbsup:

:)

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jack_wilds on November 11, 2017, 06:51:38 PM
all I have is a lurking cheesy 'like' to offer...  ???

as teh models are good to great andhave nothing to sya is wrong with...  %confuso

its all looking good for lot making soon  :thumbsup:

:)

I am not aiming at you or the others that post once in awhile or give it a Like, but those who never say a word, like or give a sign......;) I was just wondering why this thread has 125K views, over 150 every day, the most of all the threads here and at the same time so few comments.    ?? Kinda curious...... &Thk/(
Anyways, I'll be back tomorrow  with some more.

Fred

fantozzi

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 11, 2017, 08:03:46 PM
I was just wondering why this thread has 125K views, over 150 every day, the most of all the threads here and at the same time so few comments.    ?? Kinda curious...... &Thk/(

Could be me ... (now you made me feel guilty) ... like the father sitting in the living room in front of TV and from time to time he gets upstairs and opens the door of the childrens rooms just to spy if they do fine and then he closes the door silently and hurries back to the baseball match. You are right, he (me) at least could ask: "how are you doing?"

Dublin

I'm that guy, just got done peeking in on the grandkids and back to the game. Long time lurker, but I do click the like button like crazy. Can't wait for the releases. The SPAM RFR and VIP have had some great farming recently added to some already great stuff available, but This release will put it over the top. Soon I will be able to better represent my area farms Wisconsin with these great additions, I also like that they will fit many other types of regions as well. Soon  SC4 will look like where I Live. Thanks Mr B keep'em comming.
Where ever you go, there you are.

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on November 12, 2017, 09:58:44 AM
Quote from: mrbisonm on November 11, 2017, 08:03:46 PM
I was just wondering why this thread has 125K views, over 150 every day, the most of all the threads here and at the same time so few comments.    ?? Kinda curious...... &Thk/(

Could be me ... (now you made me feel guilty) ... like the father sitting in the living room in front of TV and from time to time he gets upstairs and opens the door of the childrens rooms just to spy if they do fine and then he closes the door silently and hurries back to the baseball match. You are right, he (me) at least could ask: "how are you doing?"

lol.....that's what I like as a comment too. Thanks for that laugh. ;)

Dublin, I think you will have a lot of to choose from soon and create something in SC similar to your region. Love that red barn btw and a freakin' nice picture of the Grainstation with the sun. Made a wallpaper out of it. ;)

Ok, some more that I found......

I couldn't help to add the old abandonned silo in this set, although, this is supposed to be a Modern Farm Set, but when I found this picture above of that old rusty silo, I had to make one like it.

I think I got all the silo files classed now. There are exactly 7 models of the set left to show. Some of these still need to be finished yet since some details are missing, so this week (monday and Tuesday) I will be doing some BATting.

Fred

mrbisonm

Traditional Corn Cob Dryer silo.

15 minutes of BATting (only finding and tweaking the right texture for the drying corncobs) and I finished the first of 7, six to go. ;)

Fred

FrankU

Sorry.... been lurking again.
I'm quite busy these days and have hardly time to take a looko, let be having intelligent replies. Sorry Fred.
But the works look gorgeous!

kelis

The traditional Corn Cob Dryer silo looks very realistic  :o
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

fantozzi

You're batting quicker than I can sort my thoughts. On the ground silo set on last page there is straw covered with a blue plane. This looks really fantastic, the folds of the cover, the bricks on top to pin it. Instead the straw covered, at least from the pictures, looks a little blurry.

The top circles on the green grain silos look a little angled - might be the model to smooth it?

Sorry, can't say much as farming where I grew up and where I live now is so different. I grew up in the black forrest and by this time in the hilly mountains there was no corn or wheat but mostly lifestock and lumber industries. Therefore also those big grain silos or grain elevators were absent and I must confess how these grouped silos work I don't even know. Instead I remember those long cattle barn housing fithy to hundred cows making a terrible noise early in the morning and small wooden haybarns on almost every meadow.

We had a lot of trouble with the farmers when we crawled into those barns and played in they hay. We didn't know - cows didn't like the smell of little boys and they would refuse to eat it. So we caused much damage to the farmers without realizing it.

Also I remember on the hills most of the big machines you see on the great plains didn't work. And farmers were killed because their tractors were overturning and rolling down the hillside.

So I think until today they do the fields this way (notice the wheels).

Where I live today the land is more flat but the region is dense populated and there isn't that much space for farm land. Mostly there are small farms and again those rows of grain silos aren't present. They plant cabbage and tobacco and asparagus here and tomatoes in greenhouses. On the hills there is much winery. There is a big local wintner here and he's the only one having something similar - some big steel tanks and now, as grape gathering is finished you can see 20, maybe more of small tractors with small trailers standing there in a row on his farm. You know, those tiny tractors are made for driving in between the vineyard rows. They are extra slim.

Also close to my home, there is a goat farm with roundabout 150 animals. Indeed they have a ground silo exactly like you've batted.

But it's difficult to comment on things you don't really know. I even could say, what you do is exaggerated, such silos don't exist - just because I never did see one. So, that's the reason why I can't be of great help here.

Where I live all the farm stuff is tiny compared to yours. But still the abbandoned silo looks absolutely great and the red tractors loaded with the detailed textured green waste are adorable and I like to visit this thread for the richness and variety. Well, after all, I may not be able to judge, but nevertheless I'm impressed.

Where I life

gn_leugim

Hi Fred! nice corn dryers! I made myself some Portuguese traditional ones, but they are way smaller than those!

Just a couple of examples! ;)

just one quick note on the old silo, I think the rust on the roof in inverted no? :P

About so much people viewing and not commenting... well it was the same for me, so I totally get the frustration  &mmm &mmm at least people still comment, I had some cases of double posting because no one would comment.  &ops &ops :crytissue:

mrbisonm

Thank You all, very appreciated to drop in once in awhile. Like I said before every comment is appreciated and useful, or at least encouraging.

Quote from: FrankU on November 14, 2017, 12:00:33 AM
Sorry.... been lurking again.

Don't worry Frank, no mention about you, I know you're around.... ;)

Quote from: kelis on November 14, 2017, 02:49:50 AM
The traditional Corn Cob Dryer silo looks very realistic  :o

Still one or two more and different Corn drying silos coming up...

Quote from: fantozzi on November 14, 2017, 07:01:12 AM
You're batting quicker than I can sort my thoughts.

All of these have been BATted for years now, I am only choosing the good ones taking pictures of those that will be included in the Set 3 Pack of the MFP1. I have been BATting farmmodel ever since the BAT came out. Therefor I have more than 2000 SC4 farmmodels in my folder.
Now I am finishing the sets and they will be uploaded in little time. The only thing that I BAT now is some details to the existing models or simply simply correct some errors.

I know what the "Schwarzwald" region looks like, let's not forget I was born in Germany and lived there (Aachener Gegend) for my first 17 years and go back there quite often. The farms are indeed very small, especially compared to Canada and the Western US where 400 or 500 Ha farms are not rare at all and barns that contain several hundreds of cattle. I have a neighbor that has 800 sheep and another one who is about to enlarge his dairy herd to 250 cows (Holstein). I myself own some 140 Beefcattle that I have hired someone for that takes care of the farm (approx 420 ha). These handdriven mowers I have seen in Europe only. First time was in Austria, couldn't believe what I saw....lol.  We here don't bother to cultivate hilly or steep land because we have a lot of it. Why complicate our life and put it on danger when you have flat plains.....lol
Thanks for your comment, quite interesting and greatly appreciated. Come back once in awhile.

btw, ground silos are filled with chaff ( I think it's called "Mais-Hecksel") that is the corn cut in small pieces during harvesting in the fields, then unloaded  in the groundsilos and fairly packed and compressed by driving over it with heavy machinery and silagerollers. Once that is done, the whole thing is covered with tarp or else, and let to ferment for a few weeks/months, which then is called silage. After it can be fed directly to the farm animals or mixed with other ingredients (hay and straw, grains, minerals etc) to create a great food that will keep the herd in good production and health. It is just another way (less expensive to build and maintain and safer but takes more space) to make your silage. It is the same product as the Vertical Cement and steel silos, ;) Hope that helped to understand the groundsilo functions. :)

The blue tarp covered strawpile is just fine, why the picture is more blurred, I don't know, but this is what happenes a lot with gmax pictures. Ingame it looks fantastic, believe me.

Here'a pic of it ingame.....

The green silo I can't see which one you mean, please mention the model number which is on the bottom of each picture. I will correct the topcircles. ;)

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 14, 2017, 09:04:06 AM
just one quick note on the old silo, I think the rust on the roof in inverted no? :P

lol, is it really, I am not sure how to put it. Looks as weird as the other way. There's a silo down my road at the river that has those streaks, more rusty and used by the rain that the lower part. I will have another look at it though and see some pics on google. If needed it will be corrected. Thanks. I enjoyed the looks of the stone corndryers, never seen them before.

Be back later tonight with some more.

Fred

fantozzi

Wasn't clear in my post, sorry - those mixing stations (model 24) - what they exactly do and how they work I don't know.

I was refering on the circles on top of model 13.

Thank you.

Alan_Waters

Simmer2

Oh boy! That lot is screaming for a custom made texture!!

Great models. &apls

Btw. Among all the models I made, one set is for a gigantic commercial rail served silo set. I will show it once I get around to it.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mrbisonm

Quote from: fantozzi on November 14, 2017, 11:36:31 AM
Wasn't clear in my post, sorry - those mixing stations (model 24) - what they exactly do and how they work I don't know.
I was refering on the circles on top of model 13.Thank you.

Mixing stations, like it says, the station is for mixing different feeds, like the mixed feed you give to your cows, pigs or chicken, including different cereals, minerals, proteins etc, ready to be fed or sold as a vrac. Smaller stations are for bigger farms  (small farms do not have the budget to own one, they are quite expensive and a farm needs to feed a lot of mixed feed for this to be profitable), and bigger ones are for Feed Grain selling /buying Commercials and Industrials. As here in Quebec, the farmers usually buy the feed from a commercial company. Only a few farms use them for mixing their grains themselves. Here' an example of what they use here in Quebec more often. Wheat  or Barley mixed with oats, sorghum or rye, then added soya or canola to increase the protein when needed and sometimes some minerals and dried molasses powder for the sugar content. Fed once or twice daily as a regular feed together with grass, silage or hay, or as a supplement for Beef, Dairy or sheep.
The green circles in the Nr 13 model could be easily fixed by adding a few more angles to it, but I don't think that this will show ingame. Let's not forget that most of the models shown here are approximately 15% larger that the ingame render. This is done to see more the details build-in which are not always evident in the game model. But... I will surely have a detailed look at this before I final render it. Thanks for the mention.

Quote from: Simmer2 on November 14, 2017, 01:34:37 PM
Oh boy! That lot is screaming for a custom made texture!!

Great models. &apls

Btw. Among all the models I made, one set is for a gigantic commercial rail served silo set. I will show it once I get around to it.

Nick

Nick......Oh boy, you're right......lol. This is not a lot I will upload but only a test to see the models ingame....luckily. I will not do the lots, Frank will do the first ones, after, the LOTters and Players will make their own. These will be uploaded as Props only.

Can't wait to see your Industrial Rail silos, something I won't do, but will surely make a great addition to the game.

I went through my files again and came upon a folder where I put aside a few models to show later, almost forgot to add them on this list, so here is the first part, some models that already exist, but in different styles with different textures.

Fred

Jack_wilds

here are a few ag logos

Jack_wilds

a few more... :satisfied: