• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eloaria (23 April 2016- City near the river)

Started by Kergelen, October 07, 2011, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

Attention!!!
Due to imageshack account problems I'm currently reuploading pictures. It's done from page 1 to 10, and from 16 to the end

After a while I've been active in the forum its time to presenting my region. I had play SC4 from 2003 to 2006 and after som inactive time I returned to play for the past year and a half. During the time I see that many innovations were made and when I saw all that could be done now with sc4, and watched the images on the MD's and Picture Competition, I was very exited. I  saw the game was greatly expanded the possibilities and during this last time active in SC4D I learn some things reading tutorials. I especially like the recent innovations on seasonal flora and the SimCitynature/landscape although I like everything in general in SC4.  In my mind I have a lot of things that I want still to learn and to build. So before I begin my MD I want to thank you all for all this work. SC4 is alive after 8 years and everyday with better custom content. :thumbsup:

I'm really happy to start a MD here in Devotion. :)

So without further delay this is my region:

1.1 (2010)

1.2 (2018)

Updates

Liaudginai

2- Liaudginai: Autumn in the town
3- Liaudginai: Autumn in the town and surroundings: part II
4- Liaudginai: The city wall
5- Liaudginai: Mosaic: from the river to the road
6- Liaudginai: Waterfalls
7- Liaudginai: Overviews and monastery
8- Liaudginai: Rural and communications

Sau reservoir (Panta de Sau)
9- The flooded church

Merkine

·Old-town
10- Merkine: The old-town on the hill
11- Merkine: Old-town on the hill- part 2
12- OSITM April 2012 - Merkine: Old-town- The church square)
13- OSITM April 2012 - Merkine- Old-town- Up to the church square
14- OSITM April 2012 - Merkine- The beach and the Old-town
15- OSITM April 2012 - Merkine- The castle and seafront
16- OSITM April 2012 - Merkine- Different places at night and day

·Cape Olive
17-Merkine- The olives fields and the lighthouse
20- Merkine- Farms and beaches among olives

·Modern Town
18- Merkine- The urban seaside
19- Merkine- The boulevard

And here some teaser about my first city after I comeback to SC4.

Hope you like :)

Links to SC4 websites

noahclem

Welcome back Kergelen! Very nice looking region and the city has a beautiful historic style  &apls  I look forward to seeing what you do with all the new content that has become available  :thumbsup:

wallasey

The historical element is great, I really like the city walls clinging to the hillside. Great work!

Huston_N7

WOW!!!! That is soooo AWESOME!!! I can't imagine how long it took to do that!
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Kergelen

Noah: Thanks for the welcome :)
wallasey: I'll show more about city walls in future updates. Thanks :)
Republic: Thanks. I spent a lot of time because I have made many growables Lots.  :)

Today I present the town of Liaudginai. It is a town that had always wanted done with the SimCity, inspired by a medieval city. I have made many growable Lots so the town is mainly growable exept the landmarks and parks, of course. I'm writing with my english knowledge and help of traductor so there may be mistakes.
The town is located in a hill and sourrounded with two rivers: Merkys and Flamisell. The main economic activities are tourism, because of his past historically important in the region, and the agriculture. In the past Liaudginai was the capital of the region and character of its small historic capital has been well preserved until today.

2.1 A road to the village

2.2 One of the entrances to the city where we see a parking facilities for tourists and the ancient castles that protected the city. Currently used as a hotel and a museum. The city grew around the castle.

2.3 The castle was the center of power in the region until the early twentieth century the capital moved to another city by the sea had grown so much thanks to the industrial revolution, where the bourgeoisie had a lot of power.

2.4 The Catedral in the center of the town.

2.7 Market where local farmers sell their products to tourists

2.8 Part of the citywall

Hope you like it!  :) Constructive criticism are welcome.

Links to SC4 websites

Ol.S / Benoit

Great start with your MD, already love it :)
LE work, textures and choice of buildings are really nice !
I just think that you should try to add a little bit more density in this city.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

AhmadAzunai

hoaa..... ::) guillaume.... :thumbsup:
so awesomee,,,where i can find that plaza, wall in slope terrain and kind of house there...
may you share with me....
thank you so much

kelis

I love your city, I had the luck to see this region in CSC, and I'm sure in SC4D your region will be a region with many visits, Keep up your work and greetings Compañero  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kbieniu7

Wow, very cool!  :thumbsup: I especially love the first screen and seasonal fact, but also great work with the city! Bus parking add realism :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

rambuckel

Fantastic Pictures with all those half-timbered houses!

-rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Dantes

The buildings and the city look great. :)  Everything looks naturally grown out of.  :o  I like your design. Great job.  &apls  &apls  &apls

Dantes

So many great pictures.  &apls Your city looks great in all seasons.  :) In Figure 2.4, I just see the wedding, a very nice detail.  :o In Figure 2-6 the autumn shines in all its colors. Fantastic!  :o
My favorite picture is 2.7 with the market and the theater left in the photo is also in the half-timbered style.  :thumbsup:

Edit: Two comments, because I've discovered even more  :P  $%Grinno$%  :P

Kergelen

Hi,

Benoit: You are right. In the medieval cities the buildings are more close each other and the streets are narrow (2,3,4 meters) and mainly pedestrian in today's cities. I make those Lots one year ago and were practically my first Lots. If today I make them, would be very diferent. Maybe not growable but more ploppable,  with narrow streets and more density. Also  I wanted to make the city with stone grey houses ( as the castle texture), not timber houses,  but I didn't found.  The positive think is that I learn making the Lots and the next cities will be more real. Thanks for your comment! :)

AhmadAzunai: Thanks! You can find the citywalls from roulbak here http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?view=1369
and the timber frame houses are from xannepan and you can find here http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=14885&search_app=downloads&userMode=all&sid=ff79faf1323097527d00c1666596c06c&st=30
With the buildings I made several growable lots( $,$$,$$ and almost all the stages) If you are interested I could upload to the STEX, but I'll need some time because I never upload there and would have to learn ;)

Kelis: Muchas gracias! I always appreciate your comments!  :thumbsup:

Kbieniu7: Thanks! Here you have more seasonal nature sceens  ;)

rambuckel: Thanks! :)

Dantes: Thanks!, and many thanks for the second comment. I just write this update and see it. :D

I'm here again with some more pictures. There are from another part of the city and from the Flamisell river. I made the seasonal scenes in the begining of the seasonal MMP (six months ago) , when was "only" avilable birches and maples from Girafe. And recently I used some from the VIP Rural Pack and CP seasonal trees from Lowkee, but not much.

Hope you like it and constructive and negative criticism are welcome.

Links to SC4 websites

Ol.S / Benoit

Nice update again, I love your flora work ! :)

Transition between MMP water & game water is really amazing...very inspiring.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

rambuckel

Brilliant landscaping ... I love your way to present the woods and the way you created the river is just amazing &apls

I can't wait to see your next pictures  :)

- rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

chester

this is a beautiful MD, i like the contrast of the grey cobble texture with the color of the houses. very nice.

AhmadAzunai

&apls
whoa,,nice update..! &apls
thanks for the link you gave,
my city looks more realistic and more european,
umm....if you don't mind i'd like to get the grey cobble stone too,,
i don't know where i can get them, could you help me.....
Thanks dude.... :thumbsup:

knapp

I just passed around here and discovered your MD. I like very much the way you've done the river with the rocks in the middle. But I also the perspective on pic 3.7 and the way you solved the steep climbing for the city wall.  &apls
I'm looking forward for more.  :thumbsup:
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

Framly

What a nice MD  &apls

I like your autumn expressions and the little town:)

:thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

chpbrownlee