• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Thanks for the interesting takes on the slip lane situation, druidlove (welcome to the forum!) and matias93.  I am, for the sake of simplicity, leaning toward leaving things as-is, and I'm still interested in hearing feedback like what you guys have provided (which is much appreciated). :thumbsup:

Wiimeiser, I've taken a look at the situations you've posted--they're pretty interesting cases.  I am looking at the prospect of an L|L|L Avenue Type 120 setup (which would be R|R|R like the example in an LHD situation) at the least, and I am interested in doing dual-lane slips at some point.  Part of the reason I used Road stubs for the single-lane slips was to reserve the higher-capacity One-Way Road stub for that eventuality.  Those will be much farther down the road, though, once the basic implementation and first alternate configurations have had some time to settle.

-Alex

Tarkus

I've started delving into the realm of FTLs for the triple-tile NWM networks.  There's still some implementation details I'll need to work out, but it's a start. 

Presently, I've just set things up such that the AVE-6 or TLA-7 center overrides the Road Type 110 setup from the TLA-3 and AVE-2 FTL starters, and also added NWM code such that a TLA-3 or AVE-2 wedged between outer tiles of a triple-tile network convert to the proper one.  The current setup only overrides the center tile--I'll need to get the outer tiles of the intersection to change the T21s, and also to make proper T-intersections.

-Alex

Gugu3

Really nice Alex!This project is definitely picking up!

j-dub

Yeah, it's a good start, otherwise I was going to say why are the signals back in their old spaces, before the TuLEP version that had them function after the cross junction.

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on January 25, 2016, 08:33:13 PM
Yeah, it's a good start, otherwise I was going to say why are the signals back in their old spaces, before the TuLEP version that had them function after the cross junction.

That's something I'm hoping to do by the final version.  The particular intersection shown didn't exist in the TuLEP version (there's no turn lanes on the Road here), and I'm also still trying to figure out how best to continue the overrides out to those tiles where the signal props are located.

-Alex

j-dub

I mean, it's obvious there are no turn lanes that being a regular road, but I thought the TuLEP cross junction I was referring to had to ensure the stop points were always included on the opposite direction of traffic on all sides of the intersection, which then in turn forced those traffic lights to stay red the third tile after, otherwise I can't fathom what you were saying about continuing the override if that was in reference to the signals or if that was something about stability. Is the problem the over-ride has trouble making a T intersection on the third tile and the light won't show?  ()what()

Tarkus

Finally getting back into things after getting the flu (despite getting a flu shot) and being stuck in bed for several days. :thumbsdown:

The questions about the triple-tile FTL signalization should be cleared up by this pic . . .

-Alex

Swordmaster

Nice work Alex! I'm looking forward to using these.

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

Gugu3

Very nive indeed!With this and the RRW going on we can expect great things from the new NAM &apls &apls

Seaman

Great, I love it!
Is it theoretically possible to expand the starterpiece based FTL system to the FLEX height transition for roads? I had some situations where I wished I could do that (parclo interchanges or intersections near bridges). As a workaround I am using L1/L2 RHW-3 and the TULEP PP.
I know, thats a ton of work, but maybe something worth to think about for further plans. Maybe there is a problem with dragging L1/L2 FTL over other roads?

noahclem

Great work on these Alex  &apls  Also glad to hear you're feeling better  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Tarkus

Thanks, Willy, SimCoug, Gugu3, Seaman, Noah, and kbieniu7! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Seaman on February 03, 2016, 04:16:21 AM
Is it theoretically possible to expand the starterpiece based FTL system to the FLEX height transition for roads? I had some situations where I wished I could do that (parclo interchanges or intersections near bridges). As a workaround I am using L1/L2 RHW-3 and the TULEP PP.
I know, thats a ton of work, but maybe something worth to think about for further plans. Maybe there is a problem with dragging L1/L2 FTL over other roads?

Technically, since everything involved is draggable/FLEX, it is possible.  It may be awhile before we get to that point, though.  I am going to have to set something like that up with Avenue FTLs for the long-awaited revamp of FlexSPUI, which, as of right now, looks like a NAM 36 or 37 project.

-Alex

Gugu3

Vizoria

Tarkus

Thanks, Alan_Waters, Gugu3, and Vizoria! :thumbsup:

I worked on the Type 130 x Type 130 +-intersection last night.  Before I really got things sorted, my first attempt at dragging out the setup resulted in this mess.

After two hours of wrestling that alligator with overrides, to account for all the potential messes that could exist there, it's now been tamed:

Next up is its T-intersection counterpart, and then the Type 130 x Type 120 and Type 220 (Avenue) setups.

-Alex

Simcoug

:D
I'd actually like to see how those sims navigate that first intersection.   :P