• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaPa-J

Looking good! Love the Restaurant.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

art128

Thanks for the recent uploads!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

fantozzi

The window blinds, the color spots behind the glas, Trade Union Hall looks so vivid, full of 'enterprise' as if it's a snapshot from real life. Love it. Thank you.

mattb325

Thanks all. I'm glad to hear you like the restaurant and the trade union hall. I'm rather fond of the latter  ;)

This morning, on another fan site, I witnessed yet another gormless attack on a batter by a member of that site's staff who clearly thinks far too highly of his own abilities.

Curiously, it reminded me of this iconic British department store.

Long considered the vulgar, ugly duckling of West London's Oxford St, it received a face-lift in 2013. Among other things, the face-lift involved sticking on lots of shiny aluminum squares on the facade of the building.

It went from this brutalist monstrosity:

To this try-hard up-market store; feigning airs and graces, but still purveying the same tired stock under its ugly facade.

To most in the know, Debenhams is considered a truly poor cousin to John Lewis....but despite Debenhams pretenses, it remains firmly rooted in abject mediocrity.

I have made a start on the pre-2013 version. Best to show it for what it is, I say  ;)

art128

What a beauty. I will definitely find a spot for this one. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

bombardiere

Whoo more London goodies. Me like.  :) Thank you for your continuous work. So many great thing even if I don't comment every one separately.

matias93

Ohh, a gray&grey blocky building, that's just what I need now! <-- this is true regardless of when you read it
That one is particularly nice, I really like the shape of the columns, most people just discard this places because of the bare concrete, but they don't look at the volumetric work...
(and BTW, that misunderstanding at the other side, it resolved happily at the end :) )

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

korver

Lovely work as always &apls

reddonquixote

I've missed a few goodies..

Terrific work. I don't mind the renovated Debenhams, at least in that photo (which looks a bit like an artist's impression?). The original brutalist roof sticking out the top looks a bit odd though.

Good choice to go with the original for a BAT though. I'm sure it will look awesome.

Loved the Ikea too  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mattb325

Thanks guys.
Yes, the second version is an artist's impression. You can easily tell this, because there are numerous white middle class people looking happy, as opposed to the Chavs that normally hang out at Debenhams sticking their middle finger up at the camera  $%Grinno$%.

Being well, just a concrete rectangle, it's super easy to make, so here it is.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3623

Enjoy ;)

gutterclub

Ah Debenhams, my first ever Work Placement when I was at School at 14! A week folding jeans for free .

Love your work buddy.

Andreas

Big and boxy department stores, we sure can't have enough of those! :)
Andreas

belfastsocrates

That looks really good! The BAT version looks better than the original pre-development building :D
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

Thanks for this upload. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

My "classiest" sims are already lining up :D Thanks man, incredible how you keep cranking out the files that you've been able to!

PaPa-J

Really nice work, love it.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Krasner

Amazing one - and which urges me to not consider anymore that the city center in the capital of my current region was finished, so I can find a place for it while re-building some avenues  $%Grinno$%
ANARCHIST !!

Seaman

"just a concrete rectangle", he said...         "it's super easy to make" he said...          $%Grinno$%

manga rivotra

I love the fact that each of your creations are quite versatile and useful to inspire me to create new neighborhoods.
Debenhams Building and the Trade Union are perfect for bringing variety into a W2W environment and the Catalina restaurant is pure jewelry.  &apls &apls &apls
Thanks you very much !  :thumbsup:

mattb325

Thanks all.

Nothing new to show, but I am trying to get through some of the back-log of lots to release. YouTube Headquarters is now uploaded

Available here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3624