• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Need info on this tunnel mod! Rewarding a good information!

Started by strucka, November 16, 2012, 05:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strucka

Hi there!
Having a little trouble, it seems I kinda didn't name and save this mod as I should have according to my ''rules'', so it's kinda lost somewhere in there.

What I'm looking for is the mod that gives you these tunnels.

I do recall it only changes rail and road, might also do GLR.
So please if anyone knows the name of the mod, has the mod and can look up the filename, then taht would be really great. The rail sucker is (I'm 99% certain of this) pulling my nerve, beause I can't seem to create a rail tunnel on a sunken (15m) rail line. It does appear to obey at 23m depth.

The reward for a good information is a 200 sq. metre penthouse appartment renovated and fully furnished in the centre of the new trendy neighbourhood in CBD district of Celje. ;)

noahclem

Those tunnels are fairly old and I'm having trouble recalling where they're from. Is it possible that they were part of the NAM installation process in the past? I seem to remember being able to select different options as part of something related to the NAM.

QuoteI do recall it only changes rail and road, might also do GLR.

I'm pretty sure GLR tunnels aren't possible, much like RHW tunnels (though oddly I think monorail tunnels are possible).

QuoteThe rail sucker is (I'm 99% certain of this) pulling my nerve, beause I can't seem to create a rail tunnel on a sunken (15m) rail line. It does appear to obey at 23m depth.

That's weird. Are you using original Maxis tunnels now? It sounds more likely to be related to a slope mod than to your tunnel models, though those two things are closely related. What slope mod are you using and is there a slope in the path of the tunnel you're trying to make? The tunnels you're looking for should be more difficult to place because they have a height of around 15 meters while the originals have a height of around 8 meters.

Rivit released a set of tunnels on the STEX a few months back that are very well done. My advice would be to try those out.

Good luck  :thumbsup:

strucka

Yeah seems this sucker (the rail one) is around 20m high. I don't think it's the slope mod, because I haven't changed that in a while, but I do recall installing these tunnels a few months back. Might be 4-5 months, might even be 10 months.. Damn my memory is bad.. =D Well when I find the problem I will definately change to rivits. The tunnel starts at -15m with no slope, because the whole rail is dug in one level down. It puzzles me even more because I saved the game before demolishing the existing tunnel on the same place the new one should be. So it's okay for now, but it seems the S-bahn station will get delayed for my sims in this area of the city. The offer still stands by the way. ;)

strucka

So here is something new on this problem. I don't know how many have been following this or anything. But today I set myself on a journey to find the cause of this problem. And as I browsed through the whole of my plugin folder with trial and error method of removing files and starting up the game. It came to this file that supposedly creates the problem: NetworkAddonMod_Configuration.dat (in NAM\Configuration folder).

Now if someone from NAM would be willing to tell me what are the effects of this file and the removal of this file, that would be just lovely. If requested I can also upload the file so you can see if it's any different from anyone elses and thus repair the file for me.

As I said before, the problem was that I could no longer create rail tunnels, because some strange tunnel mod appeared. It also only applied for the rail tunnel, because the road tunnel worked just fine. And the mod consisted of these two tunnel portals. Now I couldn't find the mod files in my plugin folder and I did search for them as found their supposedlly exact names on one of the LEX sites. Now that I removed this file (NAM_Config mentioned above) the tunnels are back to normal and work just fine.

fafalone

You know... I have no clue how my memory is so good sometimes. But somehow I remembered this thread while on a foreign BAT Hunt.

The rail tunnel can be found here:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/caribou/tunnel.htm

I don't know about the road tunnel, it's not by the same person.

strucka

Yes, yes I found the name of the mods and the lack of those files in my plugin folders, the question now is if the removed NAM_config.dat file will be causing me any trouble. What is in there? Because I ran a couple of my cities with multiple NAM networks laid down and everything works. However there seems to be a lack of a slope mod for the networks, however however! There does seem to be some kind of a slope mod because it still makes a smaller gradient when I lay a road over a 15m ''cliff''. I will be investigating some more into these problems.

Tarkus

That config file would have been generated by GoaSkin's old NAM Tool.  That tool was last updated in 2009, and is no longer supported.  It includes slope mod options, traffic simulator modifications (many of which won't properly support newer NAM items), and automata controller modifications.

-Alex

fafalone

Quote from: strucka on January 22, 2013, 03:54:44 PM
Yes, yes I found the name of the mods and the lack of those files in my plugin folders, the question now is if the removed NAM_config.dat file will be causing me any trouble. What is in there? Because I ran a couple of my cities with multiple NAM networks laid down and everything works. However there seems to be a lack of a slope mod for the networks, however however! There does seem to be some kind of a slope mod because it still makes a smaller gradient when I lay a road over a 15m ''cliff''. I will be investigating some more into these problems.

Oh no no no... don't give me none of that "i already found it myself' rubbish... I expect to move in to my penthouse this weekend. Or I'll see you in the Superior Court of Fafalonia.

strucka

Meh, they don't have jurisdiction over the Celje Urban region.. I am however developing an area next to the CBD in Celje. Want a taste of that? =D

Tarkus would did that tool create only this folder or did it also create a few others? Because I found the file in the Configuration folder with some others (''NetworkAddonMod_''suffix and then these names: CanAM_Props_CAL, Custom_Highway_Menu_Plugin_Optional, Custom_Misc_Transport_Menu_Plugin_Optional, Custom_Rail_Menu_Plugin_Optional, OneWayRoad_Roundabout_Arrows_Reduction_Plugin, Tunnels, Volume_Data_View_AB_Easy, Zone_Data_View).

Tarkus

The NAM Config Tool is the only thing that will generate that folder, and as it can produce customized versions of those files, that would explain why they're in there.

-Alex

jp

I remember using the NAM Tool a few years ago to change the tunnels to the ones shown in the image above.