• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Station Customization Usage

Started by z, October 01, 2008, 12:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you describe your usage of station customization in RTMT?

Don't use it; never will.
2 (5.9%)
Don't use it; I might if it were a lot easier to use.
2 (5.9%)
Don't use it; I definitely would if it were a lot easier to use.
7 (20.6%)
Use it and quite satisfied with it.
6 (17.6%)
Use it, but would like it to be easier to use.
9 (26.5%)
Use it, but would like more customization options (please post).
1 (2.9%)
Use it, but would like it to be easier to use and would like more customization options (please post).
1 (2.9%)
What's station customization?
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

z

In the first post of the New Additions to RTMT thread, I said that the next version of RTMT "will have a streamlined, easier-to-use installation system."  A big part of that is automating the way station customization is handled.  Some extensions to the station customization system are also being considered.  To get a better sense of what people want most, I'm conducting this poll.  It would be especially helpful if those who have used the station customization system would post in this thread, describing their experiences with station customization, what they use it for, and what extensions or changes (if any) they would like.  This is a very powerful system, and we want to do everything we can to make it fulfill the needs of RTMT users.

z

So the first vote is for "What's station customization?"  It's a little unexpected, but I did put that choice in for a reason.  Full details can be found in the RTMT ReadMe file in Section 2, entitled "Customising Stops' and Stations' Appearance."  The ReadMe file, in turn, can generally be found at SimCity 4\STEX_Downloads\Cogeo\RTMTV3.

Very briefly, station customization allows you to customize the appearance of your stations by selecting which props are used to make up your stations.  Props include bus shelters, subway stairs, timetables, phone booths, and more.  Customization can be done locally or globally.  For more details, see the ReadMe file.

If you didn't know what station customization was before reading this message, please check the "What's station customization?" option in the poll, as this information in itself is very useful to us.  If you knew what it was, but simply didn't recognize the name, please check one of the other options.