• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RTMT version 4.0

Started by b22rian, July 14, 2017, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b22rian

Good news for everyone still following this thread  :thumbsup:

Pierre has returned from vacation now and he is motivated to return to work on RTMT right a way..

Here is what he has mentioned to me about the important RTMT props work so far since his return :

QuoteNow I want to look a bit deeper into this props business, including identifying prop exemplars, and understanding how it all hangs together. Then i'll think about how we could move forward ...

I will keep everyone posted here on our progress with the props  ;D

b22rian

Just a quick update and some good news fro me guys  "$Deal"$

Team leader (MGB),  has allocated some time from his busy NAM schedule in an energetic effort to roll toward a final completion and eventual release of version 4.0  :thumbsup:

Pierre and I ( the only other active team members) are at his side and assisting with final home stretch tasks..

I Or MGB will try to be more specific later on as the release date draws closer..

Shiftred

catty

Long time between visits, its good to hear you are on the home stretch to releasing RTMT 4.0, hopefully I will be around to see it released.

Anyway reason for my popping in, I am currently sorting out my SC4 and website files and have found I still have a folder on my computer called RTMT Archives (11,996 items, totalling 1.4 GB in size) I'm assuming its now all out of date as the most recent file I can find in it has a 2016 date on it.

But before I go deleting it, just want to check in and make sure.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

pierreh

Hello Cathy, it is very good to get a wink from you! I hope that everything is fine for you in NZ.

Regarding the RTMT files that you still have on your computer: yes, they are probably out of date, or let's say that some of them are for sure, since there were a few further modifications to some files until late in 2017. However, just in case - one never knows - would it be possible for you to copy them to a USB key or some other external support? In any case if you want to clean up the SC4 file space on your computer, you can go ahead and remove them.

Pierre

catty

Quote from: pierreh on March 11, 2018, 12:36:09 AM
.... However, just in case - one never knows - would it be possible for you to copy them to a USB key or some other external support? In any case if you want to clean up the SC4 file space on your computer, you can go ahead and remove them...

Unfortunately I am not trying to save space on my computer, while I am 99.9 % certain you guys have all these files, if I get time I'll sort out something ... one of the Simtropolis staff has suggested I use something called

https://wetransfer.com/

Its got a 2gb limit which should be more than enough to pass these files over to you.

Cathy

.... Will sent you a PM
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

b22rian

I just thought I would post a quick update in here since its been awhile  :thumbsup:

As far as I know RTMT Team leader MGB is still busy at work with the home stretch build for RTMT V 4.0

Meanwhile I have just started pathing work on the NWM MRC curves, which will be one of the feature items of the NAM 37 release..

I have completed the pathing on the first curve of 24 than need to be pathed...

b22rian

I have not done an update here for awhile so

I have not heard from team leader MGB for awhile now concerning his remaining progress with the home stretch of RTMT v 4.0
So i am unsure of the current status of the project at this time.. But a great deal of the work has already been completed here. so i am still hopeful we can put something together for  those of you still interested in RTMT content..

b22rian

I just wanted to do a new update , to let everyone know we are still working on the RTMT 4.0 Mod to get some stations ready for everyone to help us out with feedback, testing and also enjoy of course   :thumbsup:..
I still have not heard from Robin regarding if he is still working toward the final release and installer. And also Pierre has been recovering from surgery at home. But he is feeling better each day and i still am able to keep in contact with him daily.. Also eggman has offered his help down the road after NAM 37 gets out the door in case we need more help putting together the final installer..

Meanwhile, i am getting help also from tibi on our NAM discord channel and we are working together to build a beta 4.0 RTMT which its possible to install this manually. Depending on what elements of the mod you are testing its actually a very easy thing to do with the current builds that either Pierre or myself have in our plugins folder. Indeed in the past in previous attempts by myself to have 'outside" testing help.. it was pretty much just a  matter of installing or swapping a user's existing RTMT folder with mine ( the current RTMT 4.0 build folder ) , and you should have the same functionality of the new stations that I have now..

So those that are interested in helping out with testing and feedback can join the NAM discord channel -

invite link - https://discord.gg/gQJEYW2

We have live support there such that we can give new users instructions on how to install some new 4.0 rtmt stations for testing purposes..

Tyberious06

Pierreh

and i am Brian55 there :)  .. so just contact one of us over there and we can help get you set up with the Beta..

changed discord invite to go to RTMT channel ~ Erik

Tyberius06

That's great Brian! :)
Thanks for making this post and good job with the RTMT! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

b22rian

hey guys,

I have a new update and i think all of you will like the news this evening  "$Deal"$

I just heard from team leader MGB , and he is indeed still working hard and diligently on the final RTMT version 4 release.. :thumbsup:

So in light of this and especially considering with  (his advanced skills and knowledge), a much high quality version of the mod will become available at a later date , I have cancelled the previous manual beta that we had talked about getting together for people on discord... Which was surely a lower quality version of RTMT V 4.0 without the work that MGB has been preforming over the past few months..
Keep in mind please this is a massive mod and requires a lot of time and work to get things correct and right for the quality release this mod deserves..

We do not want to cause any issues for MGB and what he is working on by releasing a mix of content
and we applaud and appreciate all his efforts in this regard   &apls

So I just have to ask everyone still interested in RTMT to continue to wait patiently for more further news i can share ,on version 4 developments
and in the end I think can still promise everyone the best TE/ stations related release of its kind in the community's history

Of course everyone is still welcome to join us over on discord where we have a lot of fun chat about sc 4 transit , be in RTMT, NAM or anything else sc4 related over there  ;D

Seaman

thx Brian, for the headsup. I'm sure that most of us will be happy to wait until you guys have something that you feel comfortable releasing!

b22rian

Update:

First I apologize for lack of updates here. I would prefer one at least every 2 weeks at a minimum.
So its been about a month ... but the good news is our small remaining team has been quite active still working on RTMT version 4.0 during the past month..

We are still working on smaller areas of the build such as LTEXT and prop work for example, which will eventually lead us into the creation of the RTMT exe install work..
( All of our Developmental work/ postings) are taking place in the RTMT private board , if you wondering why you dont see any other public RTMT postings about all this) ..

Also just a  small sneek peek beyond rtmt version 4.0-

There was 11 RTMT U - rail stations that were started as a project ( perhaps back in 08-09) that had been left unfinished. (I just completed function testing on those recently ) , where they are all in very good shape functionally and passed testing.  :thumbsup:

However, appearance -wise these are very basic and plain looking stations that still need a lot of work in that area.
So tentatively these would be planned to be in a future release of RTMT 4.1 or 5.0

Terring7

RTMT used to be one of my favorite mods and I can't wait for the new version ;D
One question though. Will be there stations that can be build on + and T intersections and even on corners? I think that would made the mod even more flexible. And by the way, how about a subway-to-rail station that can be placed on the top of railroads? An RTMT version of the subway to rail connection from Simcity 3000.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mgb204

As it stands the major updates for RTMT 4.0 in terms of stations is as follows:

• Integration of T-RAM stations and addition of 16 new ones
  • New NWM Stations
  • New FLUPs stations

That will bring the station count to well over 250 lots, which is a huge upgrade. Given the in-development time for v4, we're way past feature freeze at this point.

After that there are plans to add U-Rail stations. Diagonal stations are under consideration and perhaps at that point we can look at the feasibility of T / + or perhaps corner stations. Although I imagine those will be quite difficult from the perspective of TEing them. It also requires that sufficient prop models exist that can be used to create them with the RTMT feel, something that does pose a potential issue. For example there is practically no space on a + intersection for props. However it is an interesting idea and we'll certainly consider it when the time comes.

But for now, a real push is needed to get RTMT 4 ready so we will be focusing on that for a while.

Rail to Subway is technically possible, but comes with some limitations, mainly that freight trains can't use the subways. Such lots already exist and whilst it may not be obvious, all such "converter" lots are also stations. More accurately, all stations are Transit Switches, which in simple terms means a lot where sims can switch between transit types. As such this isn't necessarily an area for RTMT. For RRW you can check out the Rail to Subway lot I personally released, other models exist for regular rail styles.

Terring7

250 lots? Oh boy, that's a serious update! :shocked2:
Keep up the good epic work &dance
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mgb204

Introducing RTMT Themes

Many of the upcoming features for RTMT 4 have been well documented already, so I wanted to introduce something completely new. Some changes under the hood will expand the Prop Customisation options which have always been a key feature of RTMT.

With RTMT 4, it will be possible to use unique Bus Shelter and Subway Stair props for different network RTMT lots. Options exist to use different props on the following networks:

• Street (including most SAM networks)
  • Rural (i.e. SAM 3, 4 & 5)
  • Road (Including OWR)
  • Avenue
  • GLR
  • NWM (New RTMT 4 feature)

This does have a downside, because it does complicate the initial setup of RTMT. Since now you will need to select even more Prop and Model file combinations to populate the RTMT lots correctly. Those users who will appreciate the new customisation options, will likely not be bothered by this. However, we are all too aware that some users already struggle setting up RTMT and just want the simplest setup possible, handled for them during the install process. That's exactly where the new RTMT Themes come into play...

During installation of RTMT 4, you will be able to optionally choose to install one of three theme options:

• US
    Based around New York styled Bus Shelter, Subway Stair and Bus Sign Props, created by Gwail.
  • EU
    Based on the Bus Shelter, Subway Stairs and Bus Signs originally created by Madawac and released previously as the Berlin Mass Transit set.
  • UK
    A brand new set of Props based on London's TfL networks, created by me. Uniquely all the props in this set are HD rendered with the superior quality 3DS Max. This also includes a re-make of the original Subway Stairs created by McDyre, in addition to completely new Bus Shelter, Bus Sign, Ticket Machine and Phonebooth Props. Here's a preview of the UK Theme:

Those who do, will get a set of pre-configured props, including all the necessary models (dependencies), allowing RTMT to simply work out of the box. The ancillary Props have all been carefully chosen to blend in with a given theme and where possible all models used support Night Lighting. For those looking for the simplest possible setup of RTMT, we hope that Themes will make this possible.

Of course, the original PropF (Family Prop) system from RTMT 3.6 will return, in fact it remains completely unchanged. Since use of Families doesn't meld well with the new PropS (Single Prop) customisations, it was necessary to keep them as before.

Additionally, we will also be shortly releasing a Developer Pack, so that others can make sets of RTMT props or adapt existing models to work with RTMT. We hope that this will enable for many more "Themes" to appear on the exchanges over time, allowing even more choices. I will also be releasing a special DarkNite set of the UK Theme, which will be a first for RTMT. This will appear around the time of the RTMT 4 official release.

Sadly, since the team does not have access to all the included models of RTMT as 3D Modelling files, the same treatment is not possible for the current US/EU sets. However, to be truly compliant with RTMT specs (v4 onwards), all new props should at least be in HD. Ideally, with MN and DN variants. Of course the last one is not possible to implement for all, since those without access to 3DS Max, have no way of making DN props. Rest assured too that these HD props will work for all SC4 players, since the textures are only 256x256px for props, there are no issues using them with software rendering.

bladeberkman

Love what you've done with the UK set. The HD subway stairs are certainly a welcome addition.  :)

b22rian

This is another strong post by RTMT team leader MGB...

New options for both novice players + more advanced ones..

I applaud both the work, + time + effort, that went into the upcoming Station release of the decade !! :thumbsup:

pierreh

Beautiful work! I applaud too!

I have a few questions about the bus shelters: the way they are placed, their back is on the roadway side, and their front on the opposite side. Is this intentional? Is it the way bus shelters are placed in the UK (I haven't been there for ages, so I cannot remember the way it was then). WIll it be the same for the EU (and US) theme(s)? Where I live, bus shelters are placed so that they open on the roadway side, that way the passengers can easily see their bus approaching, and make a sign to the driver for the bus to stop.